Page 31 of 241 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Avery Johnson has been fired, PJ Carlissimo named interim head coach for Brooklyn
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So is Jamaal Charles ...who also tore his ACL . The dude is in line for maybe 1,500+ yards rushing this season.
    At least there are some stories, albeit a few. I wonder about his game now. He used to be so aggressive attacking the basket. I can't help wondering how/if he'll change that aspect of his game.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Avery Johnson has been fired, PJ Carlissimo named interim head coach for Brooklyn
    Absolutely ridiculous. They've been playing .500 ball while dealing with injuries to most all of their starters and incorporating new key players. Anyone who came into this season thinking "NBA Finals or Bust" for the Nets was fooling themselves. They've got a lot of high-priced talent, some legit All-Stars, but no one who's proven capable of carrying a team/elevating talent around them to the highest level. I don't think any of their best players have ever made it out of the second round of the playoffs when playing a leading role on a team. Williams is a PG who can make guys better, but he's also having one of the worst seasons of his career.

You think he'd have learned his lesson after what happened in Utah. Yeah, he got the coach fired, but he also got himself traded to NJ. Be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Adrian Peterson is having a career year.
    Different sport, different physical demands.

Besides, no one is saying he can't return to form. The question is will he be ab;e to return to form in whatever is left of the season when he does come back. If he can't both he and the Bulls are probably better off with him sitting out for the season, giving him the extra time to work on his knee and his conditioning, and start fresh out o the gates next season.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    John Wall's biggest problem is he is playing for a bad organization that has no direction. Playing on a team with a bunch of misfit players led by lame-duck coaches not only hinder Wall's development now, but it could have a detrimental effect on his career later. Wall may have to go the Chris Webber route and leave Washington to play with a coach who can max out his talents if he is going to capture his full potential.

Wall is quick and explosive and while he may not be the purest floor general he can find the open man. As a player, his biggest problems are his outside shooting and his maturity (he just turned 22 in September). While he was at Kentucky and what I have seen of him in the NBA, Wall doesn't seem to have much leadership qualities.

As far as point guards age 25 and under, obviously pre-injury Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are clearly better than Wall. Kyrie Irving is a better shooter than Wall, but Wall is bigger and faster. Ty Lawson runs a team better than Wall and is a better shooter and defender, but I feel Lawson may have reached his ceiling while Wall still has a lot of room for improvement. Ricky Rubio is a great pass-first point guard, but his offensive game may be worse than Rajon Rondo's at comparable ages. Wall is clearly better than (and has better upside than) the likes of Jeremy Lin, Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague.
    I agree with pretty much all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    MADNESS.

Wasn't Avery Coach of the Month last month? They are a. 500 team this is kinda hysterical and premature.

This is what, 2 Coaches in a row that D-Will has gotten fired?

All of a sudden, the gig as Nets Coach may have become the worst job in the NBA.

Their Center is an oft-injured softy who can barely manage 5 rebounds a game the Shooting Guard is the overrated Joe Johnson and the Point Guard is D-Will, the Coach Killa.

The only guy aside from PJ that I could see wanting that job is Larry Brown.

Coaching seems like it's going to be getting a lot tougher. Organizations are wanting success right out of the gate and with a fresh team.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

If you are the Nets, I stick with PJ. This team was assemble with those under radar stars like Wallace and Johnson, and its sad. The team needs a big man in the post, who can kick the ball out to Johnson. If I were the Nets , I would be on the phone with the Sixers or the Lakers and trying hard to get their centers. I take a bad contract. I give up Lopez,Humphries, and Wallace, if I had to.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    If you are the Nets, I stick with PJ. This team was assemble with those under radar stars like Wallace and Johnson, and its sad. The team needs a big man in the post, who can kick the ball out to Johnson. If I were the Nets , I would be on the phone with the Sixers or the Lakers and trying hard to get their centers. I take a bad contract. I give up Lopez,Humphries, and Wallace, if I had to.
    You'd give up Lopez, Humpries, and Wallace for Andrew Bynum, who hasn't played a game all season, has only played more than 2/3 of a season 3 times in his 8-year career (and one of those was the lockout season), and who's set to become a FA at the end of the season?

Well if the Lakers still suck at the end of the year, Dwight can go to Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    A discussion of young point guards is incomplete without mentioning Damian Lillard. The kid nearly had a triple-double last night (17 pts, 11 assists, 8 rbs) and is averaging 18.6, 6.7 and 3.4 respectively with only 3 turnovers. He turned 22 in July, so he's a few months older than Wall, but he stayed for four years of college.
    I purposely did not list Damian Lilliard because of the small sample size. I like what I have seen of him, but basically he seems to be very similar to John Wall (Wall is the better distributor and Lilliard is the better scorer).

Dwyane Wade gets suspended for his actions Wednesday vs. Charlotte's Ramon Sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKp5UOewwow

Stay classy, D-Wade.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Well if the Lakers still suck at the end of the year, Dwight can go to Brooklyn.
    That would mark the first time people ever actually felt sorry for a guy who gets to coach two perennial All-Stars and possible HoFers.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. They've been playing .500 ball while dealing with injuries to most all of their starters and incorporating new key players. Anyone who came into this season thinking "NBA Finals or Bust" for the Nets was fooling themselves. They've got a lot of high-priced talent, some legit All-Stars, but no one who's proven capable of carrying a team/elevating talent around them to the highest level. I don't think any of their best players have ever made it out of the second round of the playoffs when playing a leading role on a team. Williams is a PG who can make guys better, but he's also having one of the worst seasons of his career.

You think he'd have learned his lesson after what happened in Utah. Yeah, he got the coach fired, but he also got himself traded to NJ. Be careful what you wish for.
    Really silly to fire a coach that got a brand new team, has many injuries and still was playing .500. Brooklyn managment are showing sheer ignorance and arogance to expect they would be dominating the east already.

Sometimes a bad GM should be fired.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Dont diss Wallace, he is more impressive than Johnson so far. He isnt a fake allstar shooter like Johnson. He is a hard working player, who is very good at his role. I was impressed he was attacking, crashing against Boston on his own when his team mates had given up.

I would not give up a good player like Wallace, you cant have only 3 point shooters like Johnson to a make top NBA team. Give up Lopes sure but you need good one and one defender,rebounders,decent scorers like Gerald Wallace.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk