Page 30 of 241 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Rose is reportedly back to non contact practice, so hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Rose is reportedly back to non contact practice, so hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later.
    I doubt he'll be back before the all-star break. But, it's not really an issue of when he can come back so much as will bringing him back in what will almost certainly be diminished capacity be beneficial enough for the team and Rose in the short to justify the potential for long-term consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Wall isn't a particularly good PG, but he is fast enough to score and be a threat.
    John Wall's biggest problem is he is playing for a bad organization that has no direction. Playing on a team with a bunch of misfit players led by lame-duck coaches not only hinder Wall's development now, but it could have a detrimental effect on his career later. Wall may have to go the Chris Webber route and leave Washington to play with a coach who can max out his talents if he is going to capture his full potential.

Wall is quick and explosive and while he may not be the purest floor general he can find the open man. As a player, his biggest problems are his outside shooting and his maturity (he just turned 22 in September). While he was at Kentucky and what I have seen of him in the NBA, Wall doesn't seem to have much leadership qualities.

As far as point guards age 25 and under, obviously pre-injury Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are clearly better than Wall. Kyrie Irving is a better shooter than Wall, but Wall is bigger and faster. Ty Lawson runs a team better than Wall and is a better shooter and defender, but I feel Lawson may have reached his ceiling while Wall still has a lot of room for improvement. Ricky Rubio is a great pass-first point guard, but his offensive game may be worse than Rajon Rondo's at comparable ages. Wall is clearly better than (and has better upside than) the likes of Jeremy Lin, Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 12-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I doubt he'll be back before the all-star break. But, it's not really an issue of when he can come back so much as will bringing him back in what will almost certainly be diminished capacity be beneficial enough for the team and Rose in the short to justify the potential for long-term consequences.
    That's all good and dandy, but I don't think Rose should rush too quickly. The Central is still pretty bad, meaning that the Bulls will hang around with the top spot. You want him to be 100% before returning him, and then the sky's the limit... or at least until they play the Heat.

Speaking of which, the Bulls/Pacers game was postponed due to the blizzard.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Felton out 4-6 weeks with broken finger.

This could be really bad for NYC. They might try to trade for somebody, especially if they want to dump Amare (not that any sane team should pick him up).

Felton out 4-6 weeks with broken finger.

This could be really bad for NYC. They might try to trade for somebody, especially if they want to dump Amare (not that any sane team should pick him up).
    I was halfway saying dude should be benched a little while ago.

If he is gonna take 18-20 shots per game on a team with J.R. Smith on it let alone Melo, I'm not going to shed too many tears. I will still say Felton's better than what we had last year at PG (not counting Lin).

I've got no problem with Prigoni starting for now, and when Shumpert returns he will take a bunch of Kidd's minutes.

This isn't a crisis yet.

It seems obvious Kevin Love's hand is affecting him. He's had his share of bad shooting performances.

I respect Rose. He's a humble kid and has incredible game! My concern is his play when he comes back. He tore his ACL, so he can't be as explosive right? Anyone know any stories about players returning after ACL surgery and how their game was affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Felton is under the impression that he is the second option for the team. And considering the Knicks are starting dudes like Ronnie Brewer and Kurt Thomas, the guy proably thinks he is in the right. Stat's return should help with that, even if/when he doesn't start.

But I could see Felton getting benched for Prigoni if this keeps up.

The only reason it hasn't happened already is that Woody likes to let guys play thier game (this approach worked with J.R.).

Oh well, Knicks are 1-1 against the Lakers and we still have two guys out.
    Prigoni is a smart PG who shoots when it he gets the chance and he can defend,steal. He doesnt force shoots and think he doesnt need to pass Carmelo. Woody letting guys play their game is ok in long regular season but think about a 7th Playoff game in CF or semifinals and Fenton,Jr Smith type players start forcing shoots.

Regular season is time to get good habits and not letting players do whatever they want. They wont change just because its more serious in the playoffs.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    John Wall's biggest problem is he is playing for a bad organization that has no direction. Playing on a team with a bunch of misfit players led by lame-duck coaches not only hinder Wall's development now, but it could have a detrimental effect on his career later. Wall may have to go the Chris Webber route and leave Washington to play with a coach who can max out his talents if he is going to capture his full potential.

Wall is quick and explosive and while he may not be the purest floor general he can find the open man. As a player, his biggest problems are his outside shooting and his maturity (he just turned 22 in September). While he was at Kentucky and what I have seen of him in the NBA, Wall doesn't seem to have much leadership qualities.

As far as point guards age 25 and under, obviously pre-injury Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are clearly better than Wall. Kyrie Irving is a better shooter than Wall, but Wall is bigger and faster. Ty Lawson runs a team better than Wall and is a better shooter and defender, but I feel Lawson may have reached his ceiling while Wall still has a lot of room for improvement. Ricky Rubio is a great pass-first point guard, but his offensive game may be worse than Rajon Rondo's at comparable ages. Wall is clearly better than (and has better upside than) the likes of Jeremy Lin, Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague.
    Great assessment of Wall.

Coach Killer Deron Williams strikes again. I really hope the Lakers trade Dwight to Brooklyn , so thos two whiners can be together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan_MC View Post
    I respect Rose. He's a humble kid and has incredible game! My concern is his play when he comes back. He tore his ACL, so he can't be as explosive right? Anyone know any stories about players returning after ACL surgery and how their game was affected?
    Adrian Peterson is having a career year.

I think the proper word for Deron Williams' action is torpedo. You don't know when it'll hit, but when it does, you're one and done. He might be a headcase...

A discussion of young point guards is incomplete without mentioning Damian Lillard. The kid nearly had a triple-double last night (17 pts, 11 assists, 8 rbs) and is averaging 18.6, 6.7 and 3.4 respectively with only 3 turnovers. He turned 22 in July, so he's a few months older than Wall, but he stayed for four years of college.
    --
    Rob Allen

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan_MC View Post
    Adrian Peterson is having a career year.
    So is Jamaal Charles ...who also tore his ACL . The dude is in line for maybe 1,500+ yards rushing this season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Peterson's not the guy you look to for typical ACL recoveries, the dude's recovery was freakishly fast, like 1/4th of what Doctors were telling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    A discussion of young point guards is incomplete without mentioning Damian Lillard. The kid nearly had a triple-double last night (17 pts, 11 assists, 8 rbs) and is averaging 18.6, 6.7 and 3.4 respectively with only 3 turnovers. He turned 22 in July, so he's a few months older than Wall, but he stayed for four years of college.
    Lillard's honestly the front runner for rookie of the year at the moment, excellent draft pick
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link