Page 25 of 241 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

At this point the Knicks are at the top of thier Division and undefeated at home.

I do wonder at what point are folks going to admit that Woodson is a better coach for THIS Knicks squad (maybe not a better coach overall-even tho I would say so, as I do not like Mike Dantoni) than Dantoni was? Maybe dudes relate to him better because he used to ball back in the day and he reminds them of an uncle or something.

Are the Knicks beating the Heat in the Conference playoffs? Probably not (assuming the Heat can go Super Sayian in the playoffs). Would they beat the Thunder in the Finals? Probably not.

If that is your only criteria Championship or Bust, what is the point? There are probably under 5 or 6 teams with a realistic shot at contending for the title. And if by contending you mean "beating the Heat or the Thunder in the Finals" the number drops. Everybody loved the 90's Knicks but they could never beat Michael Jordan's Bulls and that never dampened fan enthusiasm. Hell, the only year they got past the ECF was the year Jordan was "retired".

I will say that this Knicks team is patterned after the Mavs team that won the title 2 years ago. Same center, same guard, another bench full of wily vets but Melo is in the Dirk role but smaller and playing D.

Barring injury (which is what really screwed them last year-that and having the worst Point Guards in the league) they should do really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    At this point the Knicks are at the top of thier Division and undefeated at home.

I do wonder at what point are folks going to admit that Woodson is a better coach for THIS Knicks squad (maybe not a better coach overall-even tho I would say so, as I do not like Mike Dantoni) than Dantoni was? Maybe dudes relate to him better because he used to ball back in the day and he reminds them of an uncle or something.
    D'Antoni played ball back in the day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    D'Antoni played ball back in the day, too.
    True. But most of his Pro career was spent in Italy.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

After reading some of the Lakers post game comments, now I wonder who is gonna have the profanity laden meltdown first, Kobe or Dantoni.

They both are visibly losing patience with the current state of affairs.

Me, I am just glad Dantoni is somebody else's problem now.
    I think it would be Kobe. A man like him who is driven to win doesn't tolerate crap like this for too long.

And, I wish Roy Hibbert would actually grow up a bit. He's not obnoxious, but he needs to accept responsibility.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Elder Member

I do wonder at what point are folks going to admit that Woodson is a better coach for THIS Knicks squad
    Given the preponderance of evidence, I can't imagine there are too many people actively arguing the opposite.

I can admit Woodson is a good coach, I just don't think the Knicks have the legs to keep this up the entire season

oh and Kobe scores 42 and they lose...to Cleveland

CLEVELAND!!!
    Support your local roller derby league

I think Mike Woodson is a pretty solid coach. Lest we forget, he led the Hawks to 3 or 4 years of playoff runs. From what I recall, he preaches defense, sometime D'Antoni never does.

I might have said this before, but my opinion of D'Antoni keeps dropping. I'm very against a coach who can only coach one style and cannot be flexible at all. In listening to Jalen Rose's podcast on the Grantland network, he stated back in 07 or 08 that their never practiced or discussed defending the Spurs (Rose was on one of those teams at the end of his career). What's worse is that he seems to need Steve Nash, or the system doesn't work at all.

With Phil, he went to isos from time to time, or pick n' rolls. He allowed Glen Rice to get some isos to get him comfortable during the 00 run. He went to Shaq and Kobe doing pick n' rolls against the Blazers in the WCF in 00. He did adjust to his personnel. But D'Antoni, he can't do anything without Steve Nash. All I hear from interviews is that "we're waiting for Steve". He's not going to help on defense at all. He'll make the offense better, but his lack of D won't solve the main problem of anybody and everybody driving pass the perimeter players and getting easy baskets or kick out for open 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I can admit Woodson is a good coach, I just don't think the Knicks have the legs to keep this up the entire season

oh and Kobe scores 42 and they lose...to Cleveland

CLEVELAND!!!
    Cleveland is a tough team despite their bad record, but the Lakers should have won ...

Or should they have? No Gasol, Nash, or Blake. Dwight Howard is not at 100 percent. Kobe can't win games by himself. Metta World Peace is only a pest. The Lakers don't have much right now.

Elder Member

Even with the injuries, the Lakers have enough talent to be better than 4 games under .500. I'd expect them to lost to top-level teams, but they shouldn't be dropping games to the likes of Cleveland, Orlando, and Indy (w/o Granger).

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Froma talent/coaching perspective I think the Knicks are in good shape. But longevity/endurance is a concern. They've got some old guys playing key roles for them. It remains to be seen how they hold up over the grind of a long season. And, of course, there's still the Amare question to deal with (and even though he's only 30, he's got a lot of miles on him).

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Even with the injuries, the Lakers have enough talent to be better than 4 games under .500. I'd expect them to lost to top-level teams, but they shouldn't be dropping games to the likes of Cleveland, Orlando, and Indy (w/o Granger).
    They definitely have more talent than those teams (Howard and Bryant), but their chemistry is severely lacking. Cleveland, Orlando, and Indiana all play hard, and their pieces fit together better than L.A.'s.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    They definitely have more talent than those teams (Howard and Bryant), but their chemistry is severely lacking. Cleveland, Orlando, and Indiana all play hard, and their pieces fit together better than L.A.'s.
    I agree; in fact, that was my point. You specifically cited their missing players (Gasol, Nash, and Blake) and the shortcomings of the players they do have (Howard and Artest) as factors in their losing to Cleveland. But they didn't lose to Cleveland because they were short on talent (due to injury or age). They lost to Cleveland because they're a mess from the neck up.

If the Bulls keep this rotation all year Deng and Noah are going to be old and broken by the end of it. They're number one and two in MPG right now, both over 40.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    If the Bulls keep this rotation all year Deng and Noah are going to be old and broken by the end of it. They're number one and two in MPG right now, both over 40.
    They don't have much choice. With Rose and Rip hurt and Korver and Watson gone, Deng is the most reliable wing scorer they have. And with Asik gone and Boozer still possibly the worst defensive starting big man in the NBA, they need Noah on the floor s much as possible to anchor their defense.

Jaw Squad Member

Jazz just beat Lakers and Spurs back to back!

Regular season, so it doesn't mean much, but hell yeah.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.