Page 22 of 241 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I read on ESPN that Kobe Bryant was the fastest player to 30,000 career points in NBA history. Everyone congratulated him on twitter and more...even Shaq.

Congrats to the kid. If he had passed me the ball more like he should have , been longer to 30,000 : Shaq

So how long does everyone think Kobe will play ? Does he have a shot at 40,000 ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

He wasn't the fastest player to do this (he's been in the NBA forever), but he was the youngest.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    He wasn't the fastest player to do this (he's been in the NBA forever), but he was the youngest.
    Ok... I stand corrected here lol. I don't follow the NBA as much. I just saw it on ESPN . I also saw of all the all-time scorers ...4 of them have played for the Lakers.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ok... I stand corrected here lol. I don't follow the NBA as much. I just saw it on ESPN . I also saw of all the all-time scorers ...4 of them have played for the Lakers.
    Its not as impressive, players career are much longer today, Kobe will be in top 2,top 3 because NBA superstars play 20 years these days and are much healthier than 70s,80s. Some others above him in the list have played fewer seasons. The only thing he can improve on Jordan is passing him in alltime regular season scoring 2000+ points behind. Im glad great players arent judged on shooting 30 shots per game and scoring alot in regular season only.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I read on ESPN that Kobe Bryant was the fastest player to 30,000 career points in NBA history. Everyone congratulated him on twitter and more...even Shaq.

So how long does everyone think Kobe will play ? Does he have a shot at 40,000 ?
    No, he's already talking about retiring after next year, during which he'll likely pass Jordan for total points, but to pass even Malone he'd need another 4 or 5 years of his current output. Much less Kareem, or 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    To further this in terms of games played it actually took him the longest to reach the 30k club.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

To further this in terms of games played it actually took him the longest to reach the 30k club.
    Which makes a certain amount of sense as pace and scoring has gone down in the last ~20 years.

I think of everyone playing right now we'll see Lebron and Durant reach the 30k club, but atm I don't see any others really with much shot.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    He shot over 50% at the free throw which is pretty good for him.
    Which only speaks to how unspeakably awful a FT shooter he is.

His FTs weren't the only reason they lost, but they certainly were a reason. Winning isn't just about talent, it's about strategy. If the other team has a strategy that helps them and hurts you, you have to come up with a counter strategy. Sending Howard to the line late in games helps the opponent and hurts the Lakers. It's incumbent on D'Antoni to come up with a counter strategy to address that. And he basically only has two options (A) Howard makes his FTs or (B) take Howard out of the game.

so apparently its "Fan Night" in Miami tonight....and the crowd is dead, per usual

god FL sports fans are the worst
    Support your local roller derby league

Really impressed by the Knicks. Are the Heat jealous of all the negative press the Lakers are getting? That can be the only reason why they are losibg to teams like the Wiz and Melo less Knicks:)

Miami doesn't seem to care about defense so far in the season. The analysts keep saying it's because they are playing small ball. I completely disagree. LeBron is playing at about 70%, Wade is playing at about 50%, and rest of the team is following their lead and slacking off. Miami have the players to guard perimeter players, but they just aren't doing it so far. It's not just about letting Felton into the lane, because they let the Wizards do that on Tuesday as well. So they are not locking down on the ball handler, or rotating, or closing out to shooters.

I doubt New York can keep this pace up. They are shooting at a ridiculous rate right now, both as a team and as individual players. But it's very good for them that seemed to have figured out how to play as a team, not just isoing Carmelo. I think Kidd has helped a lot, and it's amazing that he continues to contribute as a player and and a mentor to players in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    I doubt New York can keep this pace up. They are shooting at a ridiculous rate right now, both as a team and as individual players. But it's very good for them that seemed to have figured out how to play as a team, not just isoing Carmelo. I think Kidd has helped a lot, and it's amazing that he continues to contribute as a player and and a mentor to players in the NBA.
    The knees go bad, but the abilty to lead and the brains to do effectively never does.

The Knicks are blowing the 3 pointers a game average record out of the water right now, they'll come down to Earth eventually.

Meanwhile its about time for Miami to break out their defense again. Wade going 3 for 13 and Bosh 3 for 12 certainly didn't help tonight.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

The Knicks are blowing the 3 pointers a game average record out of the water right now, they'll come down to Earth eventually.
    The thing is though, if that 3 point barrage gets warmed back up during the playoffs, that team is going to go far.

Elder Member

Meanwhile its about time for Miami to break out their defense again. Wade going 3 for 13 and Bosh 3 for 12 certainly didn't help tonight.
    They aren't the first team to try and coast through the season after winning a title, thinking they can just flip the switch when the playoffs come. It remains to be seen if they'll be the latest one to have that strategy bite them hard in the ass come the postseason.