Page 19 of 241 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    lol The spurs would love nothing more than to be ignored by the NBA while getting 50 wins a season preparing for a playoff run.
    Seriously. All we've heard for the past decade+ has been that "Tim Duncan is boring" and that the Spurs aren't fun to watch, they're not a "sexy" team. Now, all of a sudden, he NBA is concerned about fans in other markets being denied the chance to see them? Please. Heat fans didn't buy tickets to this game to see Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

Kenny Smith also brought up a good point: If Stern's going to level "significant sanctions" against a team that rests its stars in the first month and a half of the season, then shouldn't he do the same to teams that rest their stars in the last two weeks of the season? Hypocrisy abounds.

Not to mention 4 games in 5 days while the Heat have not played since Saturday if he wants the Spurs to not rest then give them more time off between games.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Seriously. All we've heard for the past decade+ has been that "Tim Duncan is boring" and that the Spurs aren't fun to watch, they're not a "sexy" team. Now, all of a sudden, he NBA is concerned about fans in other markets being denied the chance to see them? Please. Heat fans didn't buy tickets to this game to see Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

Kenny Smith also brought up a good point: If Stern's going to level "significant sanctions" against a team that rests its stars in the first month and a half of the season, then shouldn't he do the same to teams that rest their stars in the last two weeks of the season? Hypocrisy abounds.
    It's like making up a rule just to fine someone for. If I was Pop I would Do what Mark Cuban does and match the fine and donate it to charity as Fuck you to Stern.
    there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma.

Stern abusing his power. Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Stern abusing his power. Not surprised.
    seriously...I don't see how Stern could punish San Antonio for sitting players
    Support your local roller derby league

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    seriously...I don't see how Stern could punish San Antonio for sitting players
    Suspend the players? But then you'd be doing what Poppovich wanted for his players.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

I can understand both side of the argument, Stern's protecting his product(the fact that its the prime time nationally televised game for the week just makes it worst in his eyes). Pop's protecting his players.

The real culprits in this are the schedulers.

And no I don't think the Spurs deserve any kind of punishment whatsoever over this, but then I also believe they'd pay whatever the fine is gladly in exchange for the rest for their starters.

That game also highlighted why Pop's is the best head coach in the NBA, how strong the SA bench is, and how strong their system is.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

when they had the shortened season last year, I thought 66 games worked rather well

Id be all for shortening the season and starting it in November or right after Christmas

baseball could knock 20 games off the schedule and it would work
    Support your local roller derby league

when they had the shortened season last year, I thought 66 games worked rather well

Id be all for shortening the season and starting it in November or right after Christmas

Its not the amount of games, it just the need to do back to backs. Every team should play 3-4 games per week, Thats all. Stern can punish anybody by using the vague charge of "detrimental to the game".

That being said Pop is still the best NBA coach in the last 15 years.

I wouldn't mind fewer games, but I don't think last year's schedule was a good idea. The back-to-back-to-backs are really stupid.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I wouldn't mind fewer games, but I don't think last year's schedule was a good idea. The back-to-back-to-backs are really stupid.
    I think a 65 game schedule would be fine, as long as it's not as compressed as it was last season.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I can understand both side of the argument, Stern's protecting his product(the fact that its the prime time nationally televised game for the week just makes it worst in his eyes). Pop's protecting his players.

The real culprits in this are the schedulers.

And no I don't think the Spurs deserve any kind of punishment whatsoever over this, but then I also believe they'd pay whatever the fine is gladly in exchange for the rest for their starters.

That game also highlighted why Pop's is the best head coach in the NBA, how strong the SA bench is, and how strong their system is.

It also highlighted the importance of star players in the NBA. I'd bet that if you sat a psychic at the end of the Miami bench with 5 minutes to go in the 4th and had him read the minds of the Heat players, there wasn't one of them who doubted for a second that James was going to take over the game. And if you put one at the end of the Spurs bench, there wouldn't have been one person (including Popovich) who wasn't wary of james taking over the game.

Yep. And I don't think anyone benefits from that more than Ray Allen. I can't say it enough, but the Heat have gone from a team that struggles to get it done late in close games to probably the scariest team in the NBA in that situation.

Also got to say I loved having Barkley call the game last night with Reggie Miller.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

250k for sitting players. Congrates stern, you just open a can of worms.
    there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma.

Just wanted to reiterate..My pick of the Hawks winning it all this year. beating the bandwagon
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"