Page 49 of 139 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Bender is that you?

Now to the fight debate.

I find it fun that that you guys are are already talking about infighting in the thread. But it is a speculation thread. On a surprise note DS would be able to pull of a quick assault on most but not all. BP has magic defenses to his advantage. Cap has his shield so nothing gets past that. (Caps shield the ultimate in PIS) but Strange is an expert in Magic so it could get hairy fast. Tomorrow is the next great installment in this adventure I cant wait.

Carry on .
    HE'S THE *%$&#* BLACK PANTHER!

This thread reminds me of a scenario I always wanted to run in a Battles forum.

You're Tony Stark and it's the eve of Civil War. But you have a plan that will make peace and stop all the fighting before it really begins. It's a good plan and it really will work. Every hero is on board with it, even Cap -- but not Doctor Strange.

You can put the plan into place in less than a day, but you have a critical two-hour window during which nothing can go wrong. If Strange so much as shows the astral hem of his cloak, everything will fall apart. Fortunately, a psychic on your side has revealed that, 24 hours from now, there will be a moment when Strange is completely off-guard. Maybe he's just come back from fighting Dormammu. Maybe he's been playing doctor with the Night Nurse. At any rate, you know the exact place and time to attack.

Who is the weakest character you could send, under those conditions, who could take out Strange and keep him out of the fight for two hours? (You've got to reserve your best fighters for implementing your plan, and you certainly don't want to go yourself). You can use any good- or neutral-aligned character. No villains, no use of lethal force. Non-fatal injuries are permitted. (Hey, you don't want to hurt him, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance).

Who do you send?

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post

You're Tony Stark and it's the eve of Civil War. But you have a plan that will make peace and stop all the fighting before it really begins. It's a good plan and it really will work. Every hero is on board with it, even Cap -- but not Doctor Strange.

You can put the plan into place in less than a day, but you have a critical two-hour window during which nothing can go wrong. If Strange so much as shows the astral hem of his cloak, everything will fall apart. Fortunately, a psychic on your side has revealed that, 24 hours from now, there will be a moment when Strange is completely off-guard. Maybe he's just come back from fighting Dormammu. Maybe he's been playing doctor with the Night Nurse. At any rate, you know the exact place and time to attack.

Who is the weakest character you could send, under those conditions, who could take out Strange and keep him out of the fight for two hours? (You've got to reserve your best fighters for implementing your plan, and you certainly don't want to go yourself). You can use any good- or neutral-aligned character. No villains, no use of lethal force. Non-fatal injuries are permitted. (Hey, you don't want to hurt him, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance).

Who do you send?
    One of the Speedsters, maybe?

Quicksilver, Northstar, etc.

If this is Strange written at Herald-plus level, as he has been before, I don't know that anyone short of Franklin Richards or a Skyfather could do much good, but in general:

Don't many of his spells require a bit of lead time for gesturing and incanting? If so, I'd want to send someone who could get in fast, take advantage of his low base durability and reaction time (against non-mystical opponents) before he has time to get his wards up.
    Last edited by PupsOfWar; 01-15-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    If this is Strange written at Herald-plus level, as he has been before, I don't know that anyone short of Franklin Richards or a Skyfather could do much good, but in general:

Don't many of his abilities require a bit of lead time for gesturing and incanting? I'd want to send someone who could get in fast, take advantage of his low base durability and reaction time before he has time to get his wards up.
    Assume this is just after "The Oath" -- so Sorcerer Supreme level. Also assume it takes place in the Sanctum Sanctorum, so he's within reach of most of his artifacts but not actively using any of them. Your character has 24 hours of prep and Strange isn't ready for an attack, so the advantage is all yours. But keep in mind that he can react FAST, so your character would have to be able to take him out on the first hit.

Northstar, then. Has a stronger history of Flash-esque shenanigans (enhancing his hitting power, distorting timeflow and soforth) to go along with his energy-manipulation than Quicksilver, who to my knowledge is usually limited to runnin' fast.

If Strange is completely unprepared - no wards, no amulets, then I guess anyone with a stun-gun could do the trick, but I wouldn't send anyone without speed as it'd just turn into a quick-draw contest of whether they can get off a shot before Strange turns their legs into columns of spiders.

I'm sending Iron Fist. Based on Bendis' run we know Danny has some connection to the mystic world beyond just the Kung Fu aspect. I know he couldn't beat Strange but perhaps he could stall Strange long enough.

I'm assuming stalling Strange would take more than just brawn and Fist has shown a level headedness and Strange seems to have a great deal of respect for him so it might just work.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Who do you send?
    Squirrel Girl.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Who do you send?
    If all that is really needed is to occupy Strange for a critical 2 hour Window I'd send She-Hulk... wearing Cleas pants. That should keep him occupied.

Dammit...has any1 gotten #2 yet or wat?

We/SZ r badly itching ovr here.

New Avengers is easily the best Marvel NOW! title. Issue #2 was incredible nad should make people happy as everyone gets a chance to shine. Captain America looks like a naive fool though.

Also based on the foreshadowing Tchalla along with everyone else is going to be to busy to tie up loose ends and settle old debts for awhile.

And no one will be coming out of this clean.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 01-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    New Avengers is easily the best Marvel NOW! title. Issue #2 was incredible nad should make people happy as everyone gets a chance to shine. Captain America looks like a naive fool though.
    That's how he writers Steve? Well, that kills a bit of my NA buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No Steve is written like he should be. But what they have to do is beyond what Steve is capable of. This isn't a mission for heroes, it's a mission for those with the will to do what's necessary at all costs.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 01-16-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Well, all things considered, it doesn't look like Cap will last long in NA.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    No Steve is written like he should be. But what they have to do is beyond what Steve is capable of. This isn't a mission for heroes, it's a mission for those with the wil to do what's necessary at all costs.
    If Steve's being written as a naive fool, I'm not entirely sure I agree that's how he should be written (though I'm sure plenty of our guests from the X board would disagree with me on that).

I'll give it a shot, as obviously I haven't read the book. I'm just saying, potraying Steve as a naive fool on paper likely won't be much of a selling point for me. But we'll see.

In the least, I never thought Steve would stick around in the book anyways. Though the same writer is handling in on Avengers.

If Steve's being written as a naive fool, I'm not entirely sure I agree that's how he should be written (though I'm sure plenty of our guests from the X board would disagree with me on that).

I'll give it a shot, as obviously I haven't read the book. I'm just saying, potraying Steve as a naive fool on paper likely won't be much of a selling point for me. But we'll see.

In the least, I never thought Steve would stick around in the book anyways. Though the same writer is handling in on Avengers.
    Maybe naive fool was too strong. He acts like an idealistic hero in a situation where that kind of outlook won't work. He certainly doesn't come across as an idiot, buthe has a typicla Captain America response to impending doom. He does have one "edgy" suggestion though.

I'm trying to be vague until everyone has had a chance to get the digital version or go pick up the floppy.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 01-16-2013 at 07:59 AM.