Page 34 of 139 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

When it comes to the Black Panther focus in issue one, the question should be why did Hickman give most of the issue to BP and Wakanda? I don't think he did it because he's a raging Black Panther fanboy that wanted to give the character a solo book masquerading as a team book. Hickman has said he already knows his end game and he is working to it. I think if Hickman could have just talked about the nature of the threat and circumstances that led to T'Challa gathering of the Illuminati in Wakanda, he would have. I think he should us something he felt we needed to see rather simply read. Also, I think the percieved failure of issue one should not be taken to be the percieved of an ongoing series that is yet to release issue two.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I don't see what that has to do with anything you quoted.
    marvell2100 does have a valid point though.

You've complained incessantly about BP and Wakanda's heavy inclusion in the NA book almost from the onset of this thread.

And yet again. No where did Hickman say he was going to make the entire first issue BP -- so yes, it's a surprise. My experience, and what I've gleaned from interviews, does tell me that NA probably won't be all BP pov, but this and repeated comments insisting that Hickman / Marvel has said it's going to focus on BP certainly have left a question mark.
    What question mark?

As others have stated in this thread, whatever threat Hickman is unleashing in this book, he's made it clear that it's sufficient enough for T'Challa to call in most of the original Illuminati members.

Things kick of with T'Challa as the moral central hub of the book but that does not mean that the other members will be playing wall paper position.

The fact that there should be bad blood between Namor and T'Challa after AvX kind of insures that there will be more than enough angst and shine to go around for all of the characters.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

LOL! What a paltry prize for three years of reading a BP and Friends book! I require at least a pie, and not the highway pie variety, either.
    This was funny.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Okay, this was of most interest to me, for obvious reasons. Who do folks think the Illuminati will lose this time next year?

Tony Stark
    Reed Richards
    Namor
    Dr. Strange
    Black Bolt
    Captain America
    Black Panther
    Beast

My money is on Cap and Beast going. Maybe Tony or Reed.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...t_Textless.jpg Cap is definitely gonna be the first to go. Next will probably be Tony.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

I have the feeling that as the title continues each of the characters fan base may have something to bitch about and something to cheer about. As long as it is written well I can take tragedy, comedy, or heroics from and for any one of the New Avengers. Hickman has stated that it is going to be a dark rollercoaster ride. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    marvell2100 does have a valid point though.

You've complained incessantly about BP and Wakanda's heavy inclusion in the NA book almost from the onset of this thread.
    Complaining incessantly isn't the sole privilege of those who post in the Black Panther 'Appreciation' thread. As I said before, I don't make 'veiled' comments about what I don't like, or what I like, or what I've an issue with, any more than you do. Nor do my likes, or dislikes, or assessments have to agree with yours or anyone else's. Nor am I responsible for some folks here who only read posts selectively, and ignore what's actually being said, or anything positive I've said.

What question mark?
    A question mark as to whether this is the status quo of the book, as many folks have been saying this issue isn't a surprise because Hickman has said NA is going to be focused on BP.

<snip>
    The fact that there should be bad blood between Namor and T'Challa after AvX kind of insures that there will be more than enough angst and shine to go around for all of the characters.
    That's hardly a guarantee of shine, or equal shine, much less shine to go around to everyone. I've four years of experience of seeing how Namor being in conflict with someone, is still all about the character's he's in conflict with, not Namor.

This was funny.
    I'm glad it came across that way, as that was how it was meant.

LOL! What a paltry prize for three years of reading a BP and Friends book! I require at least a pie, and not the highway pie variety, either.
    The prize is the priviledge of having read three years of BP and Frenemies.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

The reason i am not a bigger Namor fan is that I am already a Black Panther fan. A person can only take one king at a time who continually gets jobbed. I would think Namor and BP fans would have each others shoulders to cry on, but that is obviously not the case. It's too bad cause both characters could and should have a bigger role the the MU than they do.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Is Black Swan going to be a replacement for someone leaving or the first addition to the roster?
    I think Steve will be the first to go followed by Tony...Who is somewot "redundant" considering T'Challa also has the means and know-how to invent things. Blackagar Boltagon should/must/has to stay...forever!
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 01-02-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Very good. I really liked the way it was written T'Challa and also the arrival of the Illuminati.

Strange and Black Bolt were exceptional. The dash is very good Epting. Eager for the second edition.

Ps: I hope that Black Bolt scream

Quote Originally Posted by T'Kyl View Post
    The reason i am not a bigger Namor fan is that I am already a Black Panther fan. A person can only take one king at a time who continually gets jobbed. I would think Namor and BP fans would have each others shoulders to cry on, but that is obviously not the case. It's too bad cause both characters could and should have a bigger role the the MU than they do.
    I agree, as a fan of both kings I would have loved to see a Namor/BP(Doom) vs the world thing happen! But in regards to the 1st issue being too much BP, considering the story it only makes sense.
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Okay, you either get a Hostess Fruit Pie or a Moon Pie but that's my final offer!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, you either get a Hostess Fruit Pie or a Moon Pie but that's my final offer!
    Be sure you specify which "moon" you mean while you're at it.

The first issue is too early to cry doom and gloom. Panther discovers a woman who can blow up worlds with ease, and who considers it somehow necessary to do so. He gets the Illuminati together. End of issue #1. It's done its job -- to make everyone want issue #2 to answer the questions raised by issue #1

Well I just read the first issue and Black Swan's comments of hunger and Galactus showing up in future issues makes me think that she or they feed planets to Galactus to protect thier own universes' planets.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Be sure you specify which "moon" you mean while you're at it.

The first issue is too early to cry doom and gloom. Panther discovers a woman who can blow up worlds with ease, and who considers it somehow necessary to do so. He gets the Illuminati together. End of issue #1. It's done its job -- to make everyone want issue #2 to answer the questions raised by issue #1
    Unacceptable!

All six members should have been given at least a two page introduction as to their whereabouts before the summons and then shown to be sitting around the Illuminati Table "discussing" the how's, the why's and the where-fore's of the evil Black Swan...for another eight pages...there you go...20 pages.
    That's how "Set-up" first issues must be written!

Hickman you suck at writing and this book is a FAIL!!!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)