Page 26 of 139 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 2084
  1. #376
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,435

    Default

    Uhm...we/SZ just got news dat NA#1 is already in stores/shops in d BP State of Wakanda discussion thread...

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...5#post16374265

    Originally Posted by Hindsight lad
    I popped into a comic store today, and due to the holiday season next week's books had already been delivered. I took a quick flip through NA #1. I didn't get a huge chunk of the story, but there was talk of a convergence, the Black Swan is incredibly old (she spoke Summerian, a language Panther apparently speaks or at least recognizes), and Panther is the main character for about 3/4 of the issue. I think you guys will be happy.

    Hindsight lad
    Sooooooooo...

    Wat d heeeeeeeeeeeeeell r y'all waitin 4, huh?

  2. #377
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    I'm happy for the BP fans. I know they've been waiting a long time to see their character get some focus. But if I had my way, it would be all Strange, all the time.

    Please do right by him, Hickman...

  3. #378
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,512

    Default

    Sounds Good
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  4. #379
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I'm happy for the BP fans. I know they've been waiting a long time to see their character get some focus. But if I had my way, it would be all Strange, all the time.

    Please do right by him, Hickman...
    Long time? BP fans had focus on the character THIS year in his latest ongoing. It's been 16 freaking YEARS since we've had an Doctor Strange ongoing. I think it's been almost two years since he had a mini-series. Strange is loooong over due for some focus.

  5. #380
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Long time? BP fans had focus on the character THIS year in his latest ongoing. It's been 16 freaking YEARS since we've had an Doctor Strange ongoing. I think it's been almost two years since he had a mini-series. Strange is loooong over due for some focus.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess..

    Don't know if there is much to quibble about with this..

    I would love to see a Strange ongoing by Fraction.

  6. #381
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Fraction says he'd like to write one, but I would be worried about buying it. I'll never forgive him for Defenders #1, even though his Strange after that wasn't half bad.

  7. #382
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Fraction says he'd like to write one, but I would be worried about buying it. I'll never forgive him for Defenders #1, even though his Strange after that wasn't half bad.
    I loved his appearance in Fraction's Iron Man.

  8. #383
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I loved his appearance in Fraction's Iron Man.
    Which was that? Was that the one where Iron Man was locked in his own mind and Strange went in to find him and bring him back?

  9. #384
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Which was that? Was that the one where Iron Man was locked in his own mind and Strange went in to find him and bring him back?
    Yeah Stark Disassembled I believe.

  10. #385
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Hmmmm. I wonder if Black Swan is old, or if she's just watching old TV?


    Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks I guess..

    Don't know if there is much to quibble about with this..

    I would love to see a Strange ongoing by Fraction.
    I'm not sure how different tastes applies to the fact that there's a HUGE difference in time between the last ongoings for each of these characters? Marvel really hasn't focused on Dr. Strange for over a decade and half.

    Well, if you're a BP fan, no, there's nothing to quibble about. If you're not, well, yes, there's definitely something to quibble about. I'm reading this book because of the Illuminati and Hickman, I'm not interested in reading a Black Panther and friends book. That said, it's not like Marvel and Hickman haven't made it clear that the opening arc starts out with BP and Wakanda. More focus on BP in this arc is to be expected. It will be interesting to see his interactions with a group he lambasted, but now needs, as well as with Namor, given AvX and the war with Atlantis.

    I'd rather see Kieron Gillen write a Dr. Strange book. He'd be awesome on it, I bet. Or Mike Carey, if he'd come back to Marvel.


    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Fraction says he'd like to write one, but I would be worried about buying it. I'll never forgive him for Defenders #1, even though his Strange after that wasn't half bad.
    I share your hesitation. Defenders #4 was a cool issue, but I still don't agree with Fraction's take on Strange as some creepy womanizer.

  11. #386
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,512

    Default

    Part of the problem for Doc Strange is marvel really has no idea what to do with magic and horror characters at all. See Blade and Ghost Rider as well which i view as more embarrasing then strange given their superior media exposure. Seriously only Gillen and Parker have shown me magic understanding at all of late. Not to mention a general lack of power use creativity for energy users of all stripes.

    Well yes but most of that BP was him getting crapped on losing Vibranium, country wrecked, etc hardly positive. Strange at least was on a top selling team book even if he was nerfed. I don't want to read knockoff street panther or depowered strange.

    But as u said its been obvious the first arc would focus on Black Panther and Wakanda
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  12. #387
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    whether you enjoyed it or not, Doctor Strange was the focus on the last Defenders book. it began and ended with his vision. and he dominated a few stories in New Avengers (Agamotto, Voodoo's revenge, Search for a new Sorceror Supreme). he's had as much focus as T'challa (who jobbed in most of his appearances).
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  13. #388
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    whether you enjoyed it or not, Doctor Strange was the focus on the last Defenders book. it began and ended with his vision. and he dominated a few stories in New Avengers (Agamotto, Voodoo's revenge, Search for a new Sorceror Supreme). he's had as much focus as T'challa (who jobbed in most of his appearances).
    I believe Dr Strange was also in New Avengers and was actually a member. He's had a few arcs focus on him so it's not like he's been invisible. Fans of every character in NA should have something to be excited about.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  14. #389
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I believe Dr Strange was also in New Avengers and was actually a member. He's had a few arcs focus on him so it's not like he's been invisible. Fans of every character in NA should have something to be excited about.
    New Avengers was very Strange-centric; that is true. But it was also a version of Strange who didn't seem true to the character. He was noble, and brave, but also frighteningly prone to breaking down or making mistakes whenever it suited the plot. He also had no self confidence, apologized for everything, and stood silent near the back of the panel in book after book. He got a few moments to shine in the early days, when the Mighty Avengers could have eaten the New Avengers for breakfast, but he also had Zom and its aftermath, and the revelations about his involvement with the Illuminati, and the big misstep in House of M... He didn't get to be a hero again until the very last book, when he took on Daniel to save his friends and won.

  15. #390
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hmmmm. I wonder if Black Swan is old, or if she's just watching old TV?




    I'm not sure how different tastes applies to the fact that there's a HUGE difference in time between the last ongoings for each of these characters? Marvel really hasn't focused on Dr. Strange for over a decade and half.

    Well, if you're a BP fan, no, there's nothing to quibble about. If you're not, well, yes, there's definitely something to quibble about. I'm reading this book because of the Illuminati and Hickman, I'm not interested in reading a Black Panther and friends book. That said, it's not like Marvel and Hickman haven't made it clear that the opening arc starts out with BP and Wakanda. More focus on BP in this arc is to be expected. It will be interesting to see his interactions with a group he lambasted, but now needs, as well as with Namor, given AvX and the war with Atlantis.

    I'd rather see Kieron Gillen write a Dr. Strange book. He'd be awesome on it, I bet. Or Mike Carey, if he'd come back to Marvel.




    I share your hesitation. Defenders #4 was a cool issue, but I still don't agree with Fraction's take on Strange as some creepy womanizer.
    Strange was a feature if NA in the last and future runs. Oh wait was that a difference in taste that lead you to that inaccuracy? ;)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •