Page 25 of 139 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Beat me to it. Why is any and every female member suggestion shot down with "they don't count/they aren't 'worthy'"?
    Because the vast majority aren't. It's that simple. There is pretty much always a better male where that female came from. Not saying that's a good thing, but thats they way it is. Emma Frost should have replaced Xavier, but since she's a fugitive and no one but Namor on the Illuminati trust her, they went with Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Beat me to it. Why is any and every female member suggestion shot down with "they don't count/they aren't 'worthy'"?
    Because they just aren't lol. Marvel hasn't done a good job building up any females to be in the same "sphere" as the current illuminati members.

Of the ones mentioned, only Medusa is close but I am unsure how the Inhuman leadership is handled. Is she on equal footing as Blackbolt or no

Edit: I think Emma mayhave worked as well... being former queen of the Hell Fire Club, sufficiently powerful, but more importantly... she has the attitude where she wouldn't take any shit from the members there. But yeah... fugitive thing
    Last edited by dbcb314; 12-18-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Also frost lost her company and most of her control in the xmen came from being Scott's gf.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Of the ones mentioned, only Medusa is close but I am unsure how the Inhuman leadership is handled. Is she on equal footing as Blackbolt or no
    She is not. Black Bolt is the sole, supreme ruler of the Inhumans. Medusa defers to him in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Edit: I think Emma mayhave worked as well... being former queen of the Hell Fire Club, sufficiently powerful, but more importantly... she has the attitude where she wouldn't take any shit from the members there. But yeah... fugitive thing
    Emma is probably the only lady that could have worked. She would have been a shoe-in if Utopia was still around.

And as much as I hate her Brand might fit as well. The only knock against her is she might be a tad obscure as the others seem to be pretty big names in the MU also besides Beast none know or trust her. But yeah really wish Frost or Xavier could've been in this.

Running late, but in the holiday spirit, I'm digging out AN ILLUMINATI CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Running late, but in the holiday spirit, I'm digging out AN ILLUMINATI CHRISTMAS!
    This is vastly silly. I love it. What is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    This is vastly silly. I love it. What is it from?
    It is! But still manages to capture the some of that Illuminati spirit.... like their best intentions going awry and giving Iron Man a hard time about his robotic reindeer, and Namor proclaiming himself King of All Snowball Throwers! LOL!

It was from the 2008 Digital Holiday Special, but was then printed in the 2009 Holiday Spectacular. Which reminds me ... I didn't pick up this year's. :(

And of course Namor was the hero.

Poor Black Bolt. He never got his Speak'n'Spell

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    And of course Namor was the hero.

Poor Black Bolt. He never got his Speak'n'Spell
    Namor saves the day, but Tony saves Christmas!

Of course, Dr. Strange KNEW better, but apparently got voted down. Whereas Reed is trying to explain things, even though they don't need explaining. LOL! Like I said, it was fun, but still fairly on target.

Namor saves the day, but Tony saves Christmas!

Of course, Dr. Strange KNEW better, but apparently got voted down. Whereas Reed is trying to explain things, even though they don't need explaining. LOL! Like I said, it was fun, but still fairly on target.
    And yet Strange offered up his Gem with everyone else...

For some reason "Come and take it, you little girls!" makes me laugh every time I think of it. And "I can't believe the reindeer were all Skrulls..."

Tony having reindeer-bots doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure he's got Santa-buster armor stowed away somewhere.
    Last edited by chariset; 12-26-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    And yet Strange offered up his Gem with everyone else...

For some reason "Come and take it, you little girls!" makes me laugh every time I think of it. And "I can't believe the reindeer were all Skrulls..."

Tony having reindeer-bots doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure he's got Santa-buster armor stowed away somewhere.
    Really? What was he going to do with Reindeer-bots? Especially ones programed to drink? LOL!

Now, now. Santa Claus is VERY persuasive. And it's for the children! Strange wasn't going to be Scrooge.

Really? What was he going to do with Reindeer-bots? Especially ones programed to drink? LOL!

Now, now. Santa Claus is VERY persuasive. And it's for the children! Strange wasn't going to be Scrooge.
    It just suits Strange's usual characterization in Bendis' Illuminati. The only time he ever broke with the group was over Civil War. Otherwise he went along with what the others were doing.

I wonder if they're going to redistribute the Infinity Gems in Hickman's NA. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Does it get any mo epic?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71654

Gatdamn dat is feels bonechillingly frightening.

To Quote The Boss
    "Well I guess everything dies, baby that's a fact.
    But maybe everything that dies someday comes back."