Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merlin Season 5

Default Merlin Season 5

Well the new season is set to begin tomorrow. We last left off with Arthur and Gwen getting married and Morgana coming across a baby dragon. The new season apparently takes place 4-5 years after the last season and an older Mordred is set to be the big bad.

I hope Merlin reveals his secret to Arthur this season.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

It's only premiering in the UK, right? Man, I am so far behind on this show.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    I know right? I'm still on the last few episodes of season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Yeah unfortunately, I usually try to catch the episodes somewhere online if I can(otherwise there is a long wait, though I usually re-watch them when they air in the states). I'm wondering how many seasons this show has left.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-05-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

So this season is shaping up to be interesting. Mordred has betrayed Morgana and has become a knight of Camelot. I'm having a hard time telling if Mordred is evil and this is his plan or if he genuinely wants to try to make being a knight work.

I'm curious as to why the Great Dragon has allowed Aithusa to be adopted by Morgana.

Ok Merlin come on now, in the latest episode Arthur has:

-saved a witch from being executed
    -accepted a magical gift from said witch
    -used said magical gift to summon the spirit of his father to converse with him
    -gone to Gaius for magical advice and had him prepare a magical potion to allow him to see spirits
    -allowed Merlin to take said magical potion with him
    -talked about how he wants a kingdom where everyone is respected regardless of rank, etc.

It's friggin time to tell him you have magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm curious as to why the Great Dragon has allowed Aithusa to be adopted by Morgana.
    I'm curious about Morgana and Aithusa being locked up in a well of some sorts - who'd have the power to do that to a High Priestess and her Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    I'm curious about Morgana and Aithusa being locked up in a well of some sorts - who'd have the power to do that to a High Priestess and her Dragon?
    It would take some serious magical mojo I can tell you that. Makes me wonder though if the Great Dragon is aware Morgana has Aithusa. I mean how could he not know?

Was I the only one who found spirit Uther acting a bit out of character? I mean I know he could be stubborn and even an asshole, but he tried to kill his own son..seemed a bit out there even for him. I was half expecting some line about how being a spirit had driven him mad or something.

Oh man..this sucks. I had no idea the 5th was the final season. Also..what an ending, I can't help but feel pissed. Arthurs dead, Morgana is dead, Mordred is dead..and we have Merlin apparently immortal living into modern times. That is actually kind of a downer to me. I know it was said Arthur will eventually return, but damn that is still a downer.

Plus I think they robbed us of a chance to see something truly interesting: Arthur and Merlin working side by side with Arthur knowing full well about his magic. We got a small hint of what it would be like, but damn if I can't help but feel they could of still done so much more.

I still can't believe the show is finished. Well, it was a great ride while it lasted. I still can't help feeling really bummed out though.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.

I haven't watched any of the new season yet. When is it suppose to air in the states?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Which part of the king arthur legend has him dying and coming back as a zombie king ? Geez , what a downer ending.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Which part of the king arthur legend has him dying and coming back as a zombie king ? Geez , what a downer ending.
    Well I don't know if they specifically meant zombie. I always figured it meant reincarnation, but then again who knows.

Yes it's not as a zombie - just the idea that Arthur will return to life when Albion needs him most. Not that it really fits Merlin as a series since Arthur never really became the great King and leader of the Golden Age he was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by VDCNI View Post
    Yes it's not as a zombie - just the idea that Arthur will return to life when Albion needs him most. Not that it really fits Merlin as a series since Arthur never really became the great King and leader of the Golden Age he was supposed to be.
    That's the thing , Arthur dying is not part of the legend of King arthur where he's suppose to preside over the golden age of camelot. It's a terrible ending especially with the talk of once and future king and we saw in modern day , arthur is still dead and immortal merlin is still waiting for him to arise. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by VDCNI View Post
    This is what I was thinking. There was a whole crapload of hype about him being this awesome king. Was he an excellent warrior? Yes. A good king? Absolutely, but the stuff of legends? I don't know.

A few other things that bug me: we never see The Great Dragon so much as mention Aithusa the white dragon. The problem is the Dragon pretty much begged Merlin to save it and give it to him. Merlin does so and then..all of a sudden the dragon is chilling with Morgana. Why did the Dragon let it go? Why did it not save the thing when it was trapped? The Great Dragon is dying which means Aithusa was one of the only dragons left so you'd think he would of paid more attention to him.

Another thing: suddenly Morgana can't be killed by a mortal blade because she is a high priestess, since when? Morgause was a high priestess. Chick got killed by getting TK'ed into a wall and only survived because of some weird magic that was done. It's also not like we've seen anything to suggest a guy like Merlin could survive getting shanked by a normal blade and Merlin is much stronger then Morgana.

Also Arthur has no heir to the throne. Gwen wasn't pregnant(as far as we know) when he died so..that is kind of that. The Pendragon line has been broken.

I also forgot poor Gwaine died too it seems. Man when Knights die it doesn't seem to be pretty. Gwaine got magically mind screwed and then died. Hell Lancelot got killed, resurrected, and then forced to commit suicide.

It also kinda sucks for Merlin that not only did he lose Arthur, but since he's immortal he had to watch everyone he was close to die. It is quite possible he had to watch Camelot itself slowly die. If Arthur were ever to somehow come back he'd have no claim to the throne. Even ignoring the fact there probably wouldn't be a throne anymore for him to claim. He also kind of went out like a punk. No epic battle with Mordred, he basically blocks one sword strike and then gets stabbed.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.