Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Something I didn't realize until I saw it on another forum is that this year one of the ballots submitted is a fan poll on the rolling stone website(the top 5 being submitted as one of the ballots), overall its not a huge amount of input but its there

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ctees-20121004

as of this moment all 5 of my choices are winning(the four I mentioned plus Albert King, who I totally missed when I glanced at the list the first time), so small victories at least.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Man, having it on Rolling Stones site is sort of painting themselves as being out of touch.
    But i guess that's appropriate for a historical type group.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Heart and Rush.

Kraftwerk sounds like they are a major influence on a lot of the music I listen to now but I've never heard of them.

The rest I'd say no too.

Heart, Rush, and Deep Purple all should definitely go in. Public Enemy is deserving, IMO. Donna Summer will likely go in now that she's passed on.

It's extremely difficult to take the Hall of Fame seriously when one considers that ABBA and Guns N' Roses are in and KISS is not.
    Last edited by Joker Venom; 11-09-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Nobody's wrong ALL the time. Even a clock that doesn't move is right twice a day.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    Heart, Rush, and Deep Purple all should definitely go in. Public Enemy is deserving, IMO. Donna Summer will likely go in now that she's passed on.

It's extremely difficult to take the Hall of Fame seriously when one considers that ABBA and Guns N' Roses are in and KISS is not.
    Well to be fair here...Guns n Roses was deserving . They deserved to go in for what they accomplished in the years the band 1987-1993 existed. They were biggest band in the world. When they went in Rose disagreed with how the Hall was ran and what they wanted and he asked not to be inducted. Izzy Stradlin himself didn't show.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I'm guessing that Rush, Deep Purple, N.W.A., and Chic will be going in. If it were up to me, Rush and Chic wouldn't be going in, and Albert King and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band would be.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well to be fair here...Guns n Roses was deserving . They deserved to go in for what they accomplished in the years the band 1987-1993 existed. They were biggest band in the world. When they went in Rose disagreed with how the Hall was ran and what they wanted and he asked not to be inducted. Izzy Stradlin himself didn't show.
    Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Guns N' Roses. I even believe that they were deserving of induction into the Hall. But for them to be there before KISS, who are AT LEAST as deserving, if not more so, and should have been inducted years ago, is just wrong.
    Nobody's wrong ALL the time. Even a clock that doesn't move is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I'm guessing that Rush, Deep Purple, N.W.A., and Chic will be going in. If it were up to me, Rush and Chic wouldn't be going in, and Albert King and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band would be.
    I agree with you about Chic, but Rush definitely deserves to go in.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

KISS really need to be nominated already. When are Nirvana eligible? I'm guessing they'll get in on the first year possible.