Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Walking Dead: A TellTale Game (possible spoilers)

So I figured I'd make a thread for this amazing arcade series and a great companion piece to the Walking Dead World. So far there are only three out of five episodes are out right now and I wanted this to be a place for people to talk about what decisions they've made so far, who's alive, who's dead, who's traumatized at this point and so on. You can put spoiler tags if you want but what's great about this series is that there aren't really spoilers seeing as how, similar to the Mass Effect series, it can go in any possible direction.

I honestly walked away from the game from a bit Episode 3 just beat me up emotionally. I was shocked and upset when they killed the chick (The one you can save) but Duck.... man that killed me. I was thinking that, "Yeah, I'll put the kid down for my buddy Kenny" thinking it would be just a cut scene.... then they made me pull the trigger; man it was rough.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    I honestly walked away from the game from a bit Episode 3 just beat me up emotionally. I was shocked and upset when they killed the chick (The one you can save) but Duck.... man that killed me. I was thinking that, "Yeah, I'll put the kid down for my buddy Kenny" thinking it would be just a cut scene.... then they made me pull the trigger; man it was rough.
    In the beginning with that random chick in town? Yeah, that was a really tough choice to me, but it was so true to how that kind of world would be like. Someone has to die in order for others to survive. The whole Duck situation was really tough on me too. Sure he was annoying, but that was just heartbreaking. I don't know if this happened for you, but the mother (Katjia I think her name was) killed herself before I could put Duck down. I feel so bad for Kenny, especially because I had gotten into a few bad arguments and fights with him in the previous episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    In the beginning with that random chick in town? Yeah, that was a really tough choice to me, but it was so true to how that kind of world would be like. Someone has to die in order for others to survive. The whole Duck situation was really tough on me too. Sure he was annoying, but that was just heartbreaking. I don't know if this happened for you, but the mother (Katjia I think her name was) killed herself before I could put Duck down. I feel so bad for Kenny, especially because I had gotten into a few bad arguments and fights with him in the previous episodes.
    Carly... I forgot her name... But I got pissed when Lilly shot her. Didn't give it a second thought about leaving her behind.

I got gifted all 3 parts on steam, i played 5 minutes of one and was supremly annoyed the controls showed an xbox controller, i bought a new gamepad though, so maybe i will try again.
    For some reason the idea that i need to buy a gamepad to properly play an adventure game bugs the shit out of me, old school mentality or something i guess. PC games that don't let you remap keys in 2012 have no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Carly... I forgot her name... But I got pissed when Lilly shot her. Didn't give it a second thought about leaving her behind.
    I kept her on because I still felt bad for getting her dad killed by not stopping Kenny so I assumed she was still extremely upset and figure something out later. Then the bitch stole my RV, last time I'm showing mercy like that. Although I suppose it didn't matter seeing as how we got the train, but I assume if you still have the RV something else happens?

Is it possible to have Clementine die?

I've been intrigued bu this game since it cam out but have yet to pick it up :(
    just out of curiosity can I become a lone survivor or do I need to hang out with other people in order to survive?

Cool stuff. More an interactive story than really a video game but that's quite interesting to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I've been intrigued bu this game since it cam out but have yet to pick it up :(
    just out of curiosity can I become a lone survivor or do I need to hang out with other people in order to survive?
    You follow a set story. Things happen and people react differently to you based on the choices you make.

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    Is it possible to have Clementine die?
    Don't you even suggest that.... Clem is the best.

Seriously, this is one of the best gaming experiences ever.
    Even with that said though, I can wait for part 5. With Episodes 1-4, I feel emotionally spent.

I got bit and chose to hide it. Only Kenny is coming with me for the final episode. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Oh also, for the xbox version at least, don't start a new game until they've released all 5 episodes and you have beaten it. After I downloaded episode 4 and loaded my 1st save, it kept skipping down to my second save where i'm only on episode 1 and it gave me random story choices for when i started episode 4.

EDIT: Yeah it basically erased my sstory data. Don't start a new game while you already have a save.
    Last edited by Havok C.; 10-13-2012 at 09:04 AM.

I did not conceal the bite and Krista, Omid, and Ben are coming. I did not kill Larry, and Kenny got mad at my Lee on the train and started punching, and I saved Ben so my Kenny isn't happy, even though we started as friends.

how'd they react to the bite?