Page 445 of 708 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 10619
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    No, from what his limited senses could tell, they were all the real Sergei.
    Mack grimaced. East Wind was out - he couldn't trade for all of those swords at once. His own duplication skill wasn't going to work against someone as fast as Sergei - he'd just hit all of the quantum duplicates at the same time, not to mention whatever the temporal energies flooding the building would do to the effect. Mack's eyebrow rose - he might have to try it out just to see the effect.

Well, there was still one decent trick he had up his sleeve, and hopefully Sergei wouldn't be able to tell Mack was behind it.

Mack activated West Wind targeting Sloane, Skye, Robert, and Iresia, settling an inch to the floor. Their perceptions sped up even further as the now-familiar breeze wafted over them.

OOC: That's a plus 35 to Speed, as well as the usual 'everybody shares' bonuses from West Wind. Hopefully that will help put Sloane and Speed!Robert on a more equal Speed footing with Sergei.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    OOC: You'd never let me win on brute power alone... what devilry are you hiding, Cleric?
    IC:

Cammy returned to examine her work, rage and fury still evident on her face. When she saw moting but the splattered remains, however, he face split into a smile so wide that it nearly split her face from ear to ear, "We did it! We won!"

Her aura seemed to shimmer with pure exuberance, "Cas! Max! We got her!"

It was like she didn't even realize she had just murdered a woman... or taken Casimir's hand off. She twirled through the air, radiating glee as fire twisted and circled around her.
    "Did you really?" Casimir coughed, anger replacing shock of losing his hand. He struggled to his feet and staggered over to her. "Do you have any idea what you just did. What you almost did?" He wasn't shouting, he couldn't. But his tone made it clear he was nowhere near composed.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    The fact he's trying not to kill us somehow makes this more annoying than normal, Irie mused, even as she teleported recovery shards from the void to those struck by Sergei.

"We don't have time for this," Iriesia tried to send to Rivia, hoping that she would respond.
    "Then we take him out and get going. Gestalt?" Rivia remained hidden, then to the others, "Lend me your powers."

As she spoke, her body transformed into her Wolf Form

OOC:

Strength (10 + 2 = 12)
    Ether (20 + 5 = 25)
    Durability (15 + 4= 19)
    Speed (10 + 25 + 9 = 44)
    Leyline (20 + 5 = 25)

Soul Fire Boost 25%
    Last edited by Tami; 02-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Camryn's aura widened, "Don't talk about me like that!"

She was quivering in rage, but she looked like she was ready to burst into tears, "I... I'll...

Cammy's face was a terrible mix, pure sorrow and rage, "Y-you... you bitch!"

Anger, sorrow, and humiliation surged through her veins. She felt like an impotent goddess- nothing she did could hurt this woman.

She let out a frustrated whine, before rocketing forward, trying to wipe Carmen from existence.

OOC: Flying at Carmen with 150 speed, using the disintigration aura as a weapon.
    And then something happened. Carmen is splattered across the back of the room as Cammy flies through her, her aura burning right through Altero. Most of her body is vaporized on impact, with only a few remnants being thrown clear of Cammy.
    OOC: You'd never let me win on brute power alone... what devilry are you hiding, Cleric?
    IC:

Cammy returned to examine her work, rage and fury still evident on her face. When she saw moting but the splattered remains, however, he face split into a smile so wide that it nearly split her face from ear to ear, "We did it! We won!"

Her aura seemed to shimmer with pure exuberance, "Cas! Max! We got her!"

It was like she didn't even realize she had just murdered a woman... or taken Casimir's hand off. She twirled through the air, radiating glee as fire twisted and circled around her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Did you really?" Casimir coughed, anger replacing shock of losing his hand. He struggled to his feet and staggered over to her. "Do you have any idea what you just did. What you almost did?" He wasn't shouting, he couldn't. But his tone made it clear he was nowhere near composed.
    She looks in shock as Carmen is splattered across the back wall. She sinks to her knees, and takes several shaky breaths. "I… I think it is over now. We should wait for the others to finish with the other one."

She glances at Casimir and turns deathly pale. "Casimir, your hand...," she says in a voice barely above a whisper.

Impressively, this does seem to slow his assault down on Robert.

Marko steps in and uses Shield of the Just, amping his durability as he wades in. Sight beyond sight also kicked in, amping his various electronic senses up, trying to find Sergei.

'Robert, get him in closer to me.'
    Thank you Sloane.

Robert grinned and gave the guy thumps up at superspeed.

Robert then allowed a humorless grin as he received Marko's message.

"Get him closer he says," He muttered as his eyes tried to catch whatever faint image he could of the faster man.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Well, there was still one decent trick he had up his sleeve, and hopefully Sergei wouldn't be able to tell Mack was behind it.

Mack activated West Wind targeting Sloane, Skye, Robert, and Iresia, settling an inch to the floor. Their perceptions sped up even further as the now-familiar breeze wafted over them.

OOC: That's a plus 35 to Speed, as well as the usual 'everybody shares' bonuses from West Wind. Hopefully that will help put Sloane and Speed!Robert on a more equal Speed footing with Sergei.
    The world slows down even further and it hits him like a train. His entire body vibrates, constantly in motion.

This much speed was dangerous, but at least he could see the man now.

Robert moved.

He dashed close to Sergei and sent Dust Bullet after Dust Bullet at him, each with the intention of making him dodge close to Marko.
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She looks in shock as Carmen is splattered across the back wall. She sinks to her knees, and takes several shaky breaths. "I… I think it is over now. We should wait for the others to finish with the other one."

She glances at Casimir and turns deathly pale. "Casimir, your hand...," she says in a voice barely above a whisper.
    He doesn't bother turning, and continues moving closer to Cammy. "What hand, Max?" He knew full well it was gone.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He doesn't bother turning, and continues moving closer to Cammy. "What hand, Max?" He knew full well it was gone.
    "The hand that used to be on your arm!" she all but yells out. "Did Carmen do that?!"

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Thank you Sloane.

Robert grinned and gave the guy thumps up at superspeed.

Robert then allowed a humorless grin as he received Marko's message.

"Get him closer he says," He muttered as his eyes tried to catch whatever faint image he could of the faster man.

The world slows down even further and it hits him like a train. His entire body vibrates, constantly in motion.

This much speed was dangerous, but at least he could see the man now.

Robert moved.

He dashed close to Sergei and sent Dust Bullet after Dust Bullet at him, each with the intention of making him dodge close to Marko.
    Sloane watched Robert's barrage, reflecting on his own inability to blast things.

Ah, well. Once Marko got Sergei, the attack could being in earnest.

Cammy looked over at Cas, a confused look coming over her, "I... what do you mean?"
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "The hand that used to be on your arm!" she all but yells out. "Did Carmen do that?!"
    Cammy looked over at Cas, a confused look coming over her, "I... what do you mean?"
    "Carmen?" He paused. "Everything was going fucking wonderful with Carmen until the fucking Dragon Boy and Lava Girl couldn't help but take their shot." He was actually yelling now, pointing his stump at Cammy he continued his rant. "You were going to hurt us. All of us. I tried to help and you almost killed me a third time. You think your splattering of Carmen was justified?!"

He took a deep breath and calmed down a little, before continuing. "You really think she's dead anyway?"

"Carmen?" He paused. "Everything was going fucking wonderful with Carmen until the fucking Dragon Boy and Lava Girl couldn't help but take their shot." He was actually yelling now, pointing his stump at Cammy he continued his rant. "You were going to hurt us. All of us. I tried to help and you almost killed me a third time. You think your splattering of Carmen was justified?!"

He took a deep breath and calmed down a little, before continuing. "You really think she's dead anyway?"
    More mixed emotions battled across Cammy's face, "I... I wasn't going to hurt you!

Her eyes narrowed, "And yes- it was! You saw what she did! You heard what she said! I..."

Her aura wilted again, "I just got so mad..."

A dry heave erupted from her throat and she almost fell down, unable to cry but trying desperately, "She said those awful things, and... and I... your hand..."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Reached Demon-God Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Then we take him out and get going. Gestalt?" Rivia remained hidden, then to the others, "Lend me your powers."

OOC:

Strength (10 + 2 = 12)
    Ether (20 + 5 = 25)
    Durability (15 + 4= 19)
    Speed (10 + 25 + 9 = 44)
    Leyline (20 + 5 = 25)

Soul Fire Boost 25%
    Without their cooperation, Rivia couldn't use gestalt, and she realized the reluctance. All she could do was hope her own speed boost would be enough.

Impressively, this does seem to slow his assault down on Robert.

Marko steps in and uses Shield of the Just, amping his durability as he wades in. Sight beyond sight also kicked in, amping his various electronic senses up, trying to find Sergei.

'Robert, get him in closer to me.'

OOC:

Strength (10 + 2 = 12)
    Ether (20 + 5 = 25)
    Durability (15 + 4= 19)
    Speed (10 + 25 + 9 = 44)
    Leyline (20 + 5 = 25)

Soul Fire Boost 25%
    Without their cooperation, Rivia couldn't use gestalt, and she realized, understood their reluctance. All she could do was hope her own speed boost would be enough.
    Wolf-Rivia watched carefully, waiting for the right moment to strike.

More mixed emotions battled across Cammy's face, "I... I wasn't going to hurt you!

Her eyes narrowed, "And yes- it was! You saw what she did! You heard what she said! I..."

Her aura wilted again, "I just got so mad..."

A dry heave erupted from her throat and she almost fell down, unable to cry but trying desperately, "She said those awful things, and... and I... your hand..."
    "You weren't going to hurt me the last time either." He growled. "But what did she do? All Carmen did was redirect an attack you fired at her, even though you knew she could redirect it."

"My hand is gone, because you couldn't keep it together after she said some mean things... My hand is gone because I tried to help, and that's all I've ever done. Because you're my friend. We all are. But you've got to fucking trust us, gods damn it, and think about someone other than yourself."

He dropped to his ass, and started shaking slightly, the extent of the damage done finally catching up.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh; 02-02-2013 at 04:29 PM.

"You weren't going to hurt me the last time either." He growled. "But what did she do? All Carmen did was redirect an attack you fired at her, even though you knew she could redirect it."

"My hand is gone, because you couldn't keep it together after she said some mean things... My hand is gone because I tried to help, and that's all I've ever done. Because you're my friend. We all are. But you've got to fucking trust us, gods damn it, and think about someone other than yourself."

He dropped to his ass, and started shaking slightly, the extent of the damage done finally catching up.
    Cammy was reduced to a mess, her aura wilting to the point of nonexistence.

She curled up in a ball and floated inches of the ground, choking and sniffling into her legs, "I... I did my best..."

Reached Demon-God Status