Page 347 of 708 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Whatever that voice was, it most certainly was not human. Perhaps because it was...is a ghost, maybe. Having nonhuman ancestors is a bloody frightening, that much she does know.

"I do not think you did. The way he sounded, it seems that I will be hearing from him, and evidently his descendants as well."
    "Are you sure this is what you want? I mean, he sounded pretty intense, almost scary."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Are you sure this is what you want? I mean, he sounded pretty intense, almost scary."
    "It is too late to renege now. I have already agreed to undergo it with the first one."

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"You can enjoy it however you want. I've come to terms with being used as 'inspiration' years ago." She smiles and lets out a humored chuckle. "Not saying you would do that. Just wanted to make sure you knew."
    "Got it." He nodded.

Oh no, what have I gotten into this time?

Wordlessly, she moves down the few seats separating them, until she is only a foot from him.

She can feel her own heart beating in her chest. Is she really willing to go all the way if he asks her too? There are a few things she would do, but that... he wouldn't actually ask that of her, would he?

But them, why didn't she just say a definite no when he posited that possibility before?

Her own lust and desires, from before her change in preference, are becoming harder and harder to resist. And her being away from Maddy for so long hasn't helped.

If he does ask, would she oblige?
    Now that only a foot separated them, he found himself moving without any guidance from his mind.

Sloane stood up, eyes shining with desire. He was so close to making a move that he almost couldn't stop himself in time. His hands were unwillingly dragged back from their position near Ramilia's hips, returning to his own sides before they could make contact.

His heart pounded in his chest, yet it was not quite able to silence the thoughts that held him back from making a fatal mistake.

"Ramilia. Do you really want this?" His voice no longer shook with anxiety. It had been crushed down and discarded, all in the heat of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Got it." He nodded.

Now that only a foot separated them, he found himself moving without any guidance from his mind.

Sloane stood up, eyes shining with desire. He was so close to making a move that he almost couldn't stop himself in time. His hands were unwillingly dragged back from their position near Ramilia's hips, returning to his own sides before they could make contact.

His heart pounded in his chest, yet it was not quite able to silence the thoughts that held him back from making a fatal mistake.

"Ramilia. Do you really want this?" His voice no longer shook with anxiety. It had been crushed down and discarded, all in the heat of the moment.
    She looks up at him. The flames of lust and desire burn as brightly as the real sun in her violet eyes.

She wants this. She can't deny it any longer. The only thing stopping her from going all the way is the thought of how crushed Madelyn would be if she found out. It tears at her heartstrings to even think about what she's considering.

She professed to love this woman, swallowed all of her fear and apprehension about love and romance, and made love to her, with her so many times. They may not have been a "couple" by word, but they were in deed.

She can't do this. She's not going down as one of those people who use their circumstances as an excuse for infidelity.

With a deep breath, she looks in his eyes. She can see the struggle storming in his heart without him even letting on. It's unfair, what's she's doing. Unfair to him, and herself.

So it's time to stop.

"I do want this. I won't lie. I would let you have me right here, right now. And I'd probably enjoy it. No, not probably. I would definitely enjoy it, a lot. But I can't. I can't betray Maddy, and I won't lead you down a path you don't want to go. I hope you understand."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 12-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    It also, due to his increased weight, caused the ground around him to give way and explode upwards, resulting in both a loud tearing sound, and a shower of debris that could probably be seen and heard by the others.
    Something from afar pings against her tremor sense, almost like an earthquake. Something crashed into the ground almost a mile away. She looks around and sees a massive plume of dust and debris billowing into the sky.

She breaks off into a run in that direction, keeping her wits about her in case it is an attack.

He finally reappeared, after several quick teleportation, around eight miles above Eden, and a quarter mile away from the others.

It looked so small from this height, almost peaceful. Unfortunately he knew better. This view of his didn't last long, as gravity, something he's never really gotten the hang of, took over.

Falling, and picking up speed, he forced himself into his new body, this was, after all, the reason he'd teleported up here. Then shift was quicker than the last two times, but still tool enough time for him to have fallen a mile.

Falling into a dive, the fall itself didn't take very long, a few minutes. The time however, was enough for him to consider the possibility that he may have over-estimated his new form.

Guess we'll find out. He thought. The point of this was to find his breaking point, in this body, after all.

About a mile before impact, he willed the shadows around his form to solidify, creating a dark version of what he then did with his electromagnetic barrier. Seconds before he hit, he pulled out of the dive and rotated to feet-first.

He struck the ground a split second later.

The impact almost immediately caused the barriers he'd made to overload and break, the rest of the impact being absorbed by his new form. It also, due to his increased weight, caused the ground around him to give way and explode upwards, resulting I'm both a loud tearing sound, and a shower of debris that could probably be seen and heard by the others.
    Something from afar pings against her tremor sense, almost like an earthquake. Something crashed into the ground almost a mile away. She looks around and sees a massive plume of dust and debris billowing into the sky.

She breaks off into a run in that direction, keeping her wits about her in case it is an attack.
    Rivia raises her eyes briefly to the sky in an expression of exasperation, she then races just behind Maxana towards what she knew would be Cas getting into trouble again.

She looks up at him. The flames of lust and desire burn as brightly as the real sun in her violet eyes.

She wants this. She can't deny it any longer. The only thing stopping her from going all the way is the thought of how crushed Madelyn would be if she found out. It tears at her heartstrings to even think about what she's considering.

She professed to love this woman, swallowed all of her fear and apprehension about love and romance, and made love to her, with her so many times. They may not have been a "couple" by word, but they were in deed.

She can't do this. She's not going down as one of those people who use their circumstances as an excuse for infidelity.

With a deep breath, she looks in his eyes. She can see the struggle storming in his heart without him even letting on. It's unfair, what's she's doing. Unfair to him, and herself.

So it's time to stop.

"I do want this. I won't lie. I would let you have me right here, right now. And I'd probably enjoy it. No, not probably. I would definitely enjoy it, a lot. But I can't. I can't betray Maddy, and I won't lead you down a path you don't want to go. I hope you understand."
    Sloane closed his eyes. For a brief moment, his breathing slowed.

When he opened them back up, they were filled with relief, albeit with a hint of disappointment.

"... sorry. Not just for doing this. I really don't know if I could have stopped myself if you hadn't done that."

He eased himself back into his seat, still throbbing with unfulfilled desire. It was finally over.

"You're one of the best people I've ever known, Ramilia. But I couldn't resist you. How could I turn somebody as wonderful as you into... some cheap fantasy?"

He shook his head, the guilt kicking in to fill the gap.

"Aren't I just despicable? You're one of my best friends, and I... Skies, I'm terrible." He held his head.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Finishing all sixteen shards- which now lay around her, separated by function- she had opted to stay where she was a little while longer; the spot she found for herself was rather nice, and unless Robert and Takeshi were going to raid the Baads right now, there was no reason she would need to return immediately.

He finally reappeared, after several quick teleportation, around eight miles above Eden, and a quarter mile away from the others.

It looked so small from this height, almost peaceful. Unfortunately he knew better. This view of his didn't last long, as gravity, something he's never really gotten the hang of, took over.

Falling, and picking up speed, he forced himself into his new body, this was, after all, the reason he'd teleported up here. Then shift was quicker than the last two times, but still tool enough time for him to have fallen a mile.

Falling into a dive, the fall itself didn't take very long, a few minutes. The time however, was enough for him to consider the possibility that he may have over-estimated his new form.

Guess we'll find out. He thought. The point of this was to find his breaking point, in this body, after all.

About a mile before impact, he willed the shadows around his form to solidify, creating a dark version of what he then did with his electromagnetic barrier. Seconds before he hit, he pulled out of the dive and rotated to feet-first.

He struck the ground a split second later.

The impact almost immediately caused the barriers he'd made to overload and break, the rest of the impact being absorbed by his new form. It also, due to his increased weight, caused the ground around him to give way and explode upwards, resulting I'm both a loud tearing sound, and a shower of debris that could probably be seen and heard by the others.
    At least, that's what she thought before something- perhaps a crazy crash, or even an explosion- occured back near where the others were supposed to be.

Quickly, she dismissed all the shards- save two- into the same nonplace she kept the others; these last two- which boosted Durability (F) and Speed (W)- she used immediately.

Her perception of the world began to slow- and her form began to toughen- as the two shards began to take effect. Not taking things to chance, even as she was now, she readied a number of things simultaneously. By the time she was done, one could only expect- upon looking at her- that she was readying to wage war against someone- or something; by the time she had made it (hidden as best she could) to the estimated center of activity, not even 90 seconds had passed since she was moved to action.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Sloane closed his eyes. For a brief moment, his breathing slowed.

When he opened them back up, they were filled with relief, albeit with a hint of disappointment.

"... sorry. Not just for doing this. I really don't know if I could have stopped myself if you hadn't done that."

He eased himself back into his seat, still throbbing with unfulfilled desire. It was finally over.

"You're one of the best people I've ever known, Ramilia. But I couldn't resist you. How could I turn somebody as wonderful as you into... some cheap fantasy?"

He shook his head, the guilt kicking in to fill the gap.

"Aren't I just despicable? You're one of my best friends, and I... Skies, I'm terrible." He held his head.
    She sits down across from him, and crosses her legs. "You're human, Sloane. You have feelings for me and your mind ran with it. I know, because I did the exact same thing with Maddy. She was my best friend, and I secretly loved her. The only difference is that she was single, so we could be together with no problems."

She uncrosses her legs and leans forward. "You're still a good person, Sloane. The fact that you didn't try to persuade me into having sex proves that. Just because you love me doesn't make you evil, it just makes you human."

Casimir lay buried at the bottom of the crater, unmoving. But he wasn't unconscious. Just slightly surprised... He'd just survived an eight mile fall. Not only survived, either. He didn't even suffer any damage from the way he felt.

While mulling over what exactly this meant for him, he picked up three people entering the range of his senses. This should be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia raises her eyes briefly to the sky in an expression of exasperation, she then races just behind Maxana towards what she knew would be Cas getting into trouble again.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Finishing all sixteen shards- which now lay around her, separated by function- she had opted to stay where she was a little while longer; the spot she found for herself was rather nice, and unless Robert and Takeshi were going to raid the Baads right now, there was no reason she would need to return immediately.

At least, that's what she thought before something- perhaps a crazy crash, or even an explosion- occured back near where the others were supposed to be.

Quickly, she dismissed all the shards- save two- into the same nonplace she kept the others; these last two- which boosted Durability (F) and Speed (W)- she used immediately.

Her perception of the world began to slow- and her form began to toughen- as the two shards began to take effect. Not taking things to chance, even as she was now, she readied a number of things simultaneously. By the time she was done, one could only expect- upon looking at her- that she was readying to wage war against someone- or something; by the time she had made it (hidden as best she could) to the estimated center of activity, not even 90 seconds had passed since she was moved to action.
    When they reached the crater they'd find it wasn't a large one, only about fifty feet wide and just as deep. At the bottom they'd see the dirt and rock begin to move as he forced his way out from underneath it.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

She sits down across from him, and crosses her legs. "You're human, Sloane. You have feelings for me and your mind ran with it. I know, because I did the exact same thing with Maddy. She was my best friend, and I secretly loved her. The only difference is that she was single, so we could be together with no problems."

She uncrosses her legs and leans forward. "You're still a good person, Sloane. The fact that you didn't try to persuade me into having sex proves that. Just because you love me doesn't make you evil, it just makes you human."
    Ramilia was right, though Sloane had a lot to deal with anyways.

With Eisen, it had been struggling with his past. With her help, he had refound his humanity and moved past his days as the Snowblower. There were still parts that clung to him, but he was able to deal with it because she had been there for him. She had started the thaw that brought him back to society.

Now, it was him struggling with his desires. He had been so numb to them in the past. Why couldn't they stay that way? Life had its complications already, now there was just more he had to process. If he had known it would be so difficult, maybe he would have chosen to go back into the cold and hide away.

But he couldn't do that anymore. He had pledged to change, a remodeling that would make him more like them.

If this really was him as a good person, then why did it feel so terrible?

"Thanks."

He looked back up, a sullen look now replacing the guilt.

"I hope this doesn't change our friendship."

Rose would be disappointed in him. He was such a fool.

Casimir lay buried at the bottom of the crater, unmoving. But he wasn't unconscious. Just slightly surprised... He'd just survived an eight mile fall. Not only survived, either. He didn't even suffer any damage from the way he felt.

While mulling over what exactly this meant for him, he picked up three people entering the range of his senses. This should be amusing.

When they reached the crater they'd find it wasn't a large one, only about fifty feet wide and just as deep. At the bottom they'd see the dirt and rock begin to move as he forced his way out from underneath it.
    She can sense Casimir moving underground. "Idiot." She kicks the ground, and a stone pillar pushes him to the surface and propels him into the air.

"You bloody fool! What were you thinking?!"

Ramilia was right, though Sloane had a lot to deal with anyways.

With Eisen, it had been struggling with his past. With her help, he had refound his humanity and moved past his days as the Snowblower. There were still parts that clung to him, but he was able to deal with it because she had been there for him. She had started the thaw that brought him back to society.

Now, it was him struggling with his desires. He had been so numb to them in the past. Why couldn't they stay that way? Life had its complications already, now there was just more he had to process. If he had known it would be so difficult, maybe he would have chosen to go back into the cold and hide away.

But he couldn't do that anymore. He had pledged to change, a remodeling that would make him more like them.

If this really was him as a good person, then why did it feel so terrible?

"Thanks."

He looked back up, a sullen look now replacing the guilt.

"I hope this doesn't change our friendship."

Rose would be disappointed in him. He was such a fool.
    She frowns. He's angsting again. No matter what she says, it probably won't change how he feels about what he did.

She chalks it up to how he is as a person. He and Cas are cut from the same cloth in that regard. Whenever they make a mistake, they beat themselves up about it relentlessly.

This was just as much her fault as it was his. More so, since she's just so damn irresistible. Such is the burden of impossible, goddess-like beauty, she supposes.

"Your welcome, Sloane. And it won't change anything from where I'm sitting. I just hope it won't change it for you."

She can sense Casimir moving underground. "Idiot." She kicks the ground, and a stone pillar pushes him to the surface and propels him into the air.

The pillar launches him out of the crater so he rights himself gracefully, for his size, and lands feet first and looks down at the three of them, his gaze lingering longest on the Ice Knight Iriesia. Chuckling at the nickname, he returns his attention to Max.

"That I needed to test out this body before I use it in the upcoming battles." He replied simply.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

The pillar launches him out of the crater so he rights himself gracefully, for his size, and lands feet first and looks down at the three of them, his gaze lingering longest on the Ice Knight Iriesia. Chuckling at the nickname, he returns his attention to Max.

"That I needed to test out this body before I use it in the upcoming battles." He replied simply.
    Looking at the crater, she just shook her head, "That guy is going to be the death of us, I swear." Rivia then waits til Max excavates him before she calls to him, "I assume your still in one piece, right? Or do you need a doctor?"
    Last edited by Tami; 12-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.