Page 584 of 708 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 10619
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Sure thing!" Robert smiled. "Also."

A dirty dished smacked Sloane upside the head.

"Don't be sound so gloomy. We're the same age. Don't go speaking like a beaten old man."
    "Ugggh. It's not like I want to." Sloane rubbed his head. "But whenever I get thinking about finding somebody else, it feels like I'm devaluing Rosemary, like I'm saying that she's not worth my time. I wouldn't dismiss anybody like that, especially not my friends."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Well... yeah." Casimir didn't really know how to react to this one either. And despite the fact she was an ancestor of Max's, and kept referring to a 'Max' he wouldn't have understood the specific importance of the video other than it being a recording of the last few moments or days of someone from the old world.

Though, from what he heard before Max had changed the language to English, it was really very similar to a language he'd heard before. And in addition to the added incentive to kill Khal'ud and prevent this sort of thing from happening again... It reminded him that he had business to take care of himself.

Eventually.

"So.. Erm.. What do you think about this, love?"
    Sentiment. Every time she said 'Max, Maxana felt a small jolt in her chest, as if she were talking to her, and not whoever this Maximillian person is.

"Not sure," she finally answers. "Other than she looks somewhat just like me, this was mostly just a sentimental video." She shrugs and looks around. "Richard, is there any tech in this building? Erm, usable tech, that is."

:Yes. In the fortieth and forty-first floors, the only two stable floors of the R & D department.:

Maxana looks around and spies a staircase. The elevator probably does not work, so no used in wasting time looking for that. "Come on, luv, there is a staircase over there. Unless you want to teleport us there."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sentiment. Every time she said 'Max, Maxana felt a small jolt in her chest, as if she were talking to her, and not whoever this Maximillian person is.

"Not sure," she finally answers. "Other than she looks somewhat just like me, this was mostly just a sentimental video." She shrugs and looks around. "Richard, is there any tech in this building? Erm, usable tech, that is."

:Yes. In the fortieth and forty-first floors, the only two stable floors of the R & D department.:

Maxana looks around and spies a staircase. The elevator probably does not work, so no used in wasting time looking for that. "Come on, luv, there is a staircase over there. Unless you want to teleport us there."
    "Sounded more like her hoping future generations might be able to overcome and kill Khal'ud..." He sighed. "But yes, she looked at lot like you... you however are slightly more beautiful."

When Richard informed him that the floor was unstable pretty much everywhere except the fortieth and and forty-first he frowned. But nodded. "Yeah sure, I'll teleport us up. And Robert, is there anything worth getting on the other R&D floors?" All it took was a few seconds and a thought and they appeared on the fortieth floor.

"Ding."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy could hear her heart hammering, "People were dying! I couldn't stop them! I could have died!"

The room temperature was rapidly rising, "The Phoenix did what she had to- to save me! To save Skye!"
    "Cammy..." Skye says, touching the girl's shoulder to calm her down. "You're right, we did what we had to do. But it was us. You. Me. All of us. Don't dishonor the dead by denying responsibility."

"Sounded more like her hoping future generations might be able to overcome and kill Khal'ud..." He sighed. "But yes, she looked at lot like you... you however are slightly more beautiful."
    "Yes, that too. Well, whoever it is failed, or never bothered to try and just decided to cut his losses and move to Eden." When he comments about her being more beautiful than the woman, she smiles. "I am, am I not?"

As soon as she says this, Casimir would hear a woman's voice in his head. 'Bullshit.'

When Richard informed him that the floor was unstable pretty much everywhere except the fortieth and and forty-first he frowned. But nodded. "Yeah sure, I'll teleport us up. And Robert, is there anything worth getting on the other R&D floors?" All it took was a few seconds and a thought and they appeared on the fortieth floor.

"Ding."
    :Yes, there are several inconsequential offices and conference floors with nothing of note, as well as the CEO's floor. There is also an underground lab, but it is empty.:

Maxana looks around and smiles. Stacked very neatly inside open lockers are several weapons that look to be laser rifles, cannons, bombs, hand guns, and grenades. Along the wall opposite them are battle suits similar to the ones they saw in the video, as well as the jumpsuits. In the center of the room, lying on a table is a rectangular device with a large holographic console, as well as a odd looking pistol with a similar looking console.

Maxana heads over to the battle suits to inspect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Ugggh. It's not like I want to." Sloane rubbed his head. "But whenever I get thinking about finding somebody else, it feels like I'm devaluing Rosemary, like I'm saying that she's not worth my time. I wouldn't dismiss anybody like that, especially not my friends."
    "I get that it's tough, but if I had a credit for every time you talk about dying alone, then... well I'd have a lot of credits."

"Who's dying alone?" John Dalts asked as he walked back. "Food should get here soon."

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "Cammy..." Skye says, touching the girl's shoulder to calm her down. "You're right, we did what we had to do. But it was us. You. Me. All of us. Don't dishonor the dead by denying responsibility."
    Rivia sent a private telepathic message to Skye, "As long as Cammy is in denial she has no way to control her actions. You agree with me that she needs to overcome her fear and own up to what she did so that she can move on."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"Yes, that too. Well, whoever it is failed, or never bothered to try and just decided to cut his losses and move to Eden." When he comments about her being more beautiful than the woman, she smiles. "I am, am I not?"

As soon as she says this, Casimir would hear a woman's voice in his head. 'Bullshit.'

"Well then, guess we'll have to finish what they left off." He shrugged.

Then when he heard the voice in his head call 'bs' on Max being more beautiful he paused, and after some consideration about the source of the statement, reached out mentally. 'Says who?'

:Yes, there are several inconsequential offices and conference floors with nothing of note, as well as the CEO's floor. There is also an underground lab, but it is empty.:

Maxana looks around and smiles. Stacked very neatly inside open lockers are several weapons that look to be laser rifles, cannons, bombs, hand guns, and grenades. Along the wall opposite them are battle suits similar to the ones they saw in the video, as well as the jumpsuits. In the center of the room, lying on a table is a rectangular device with a large holographic console, as well as a odd looking pistol with a similar looking console.

Maxana heads over to the battle suits to inspect them.
    "Huh. Think it s worth fixing the floor, then?" He asked as he looked around the room, and, after considering his options went over to check out rectangular device.

"Well then, guess we'll have to finish what they left off." He shrugged.

Then when he heard the voice in his head call 'bs' on Max being more beautiful he paused, and after some consideration about the source of the statement, reached out mentally. 'Says who?'
    'Says me. Face it, hot stuff, we both know you only said that because she was standing right next to you. But now you can admit that I'm the most beautiful woman you've ever laid eyes on and would totally jump in a time machine for a chance at all this.'

"Huh. Think it s worth fixing the floor, then?" He asked as he looked around the room, and, after considering his options went over to check out rectangular device.
    :As far as I can tell, no.:He would find that the console is turned off with the exception of a blinking blue button.

:That right there is a Hyper Portal Terminal. The blue button there activates a tunnel in the space-time continuum called a wormhole that can be attuned to specific coordinates around the planet, or even fixed points in space.:

"I get that it's tough, but if I had a credit for every time you talk about dying alone, then... well I'd have a lot of credits."

"Who's dying alone?" John Dalts asked as he walked back. "Food should get here soon."
    "Ugh. Yeah, I shouldn't even be doing this. Not when Skye's... The girl's got more problems than I do, that's for sure." Sloane shook his head. "Complaining when she's just lost her family is just messed up."

'Says me. Face it, hot stuff, we both know you only said that because she was standing right next to you. But now you can admit that I'm the most beautiful woman you've ever laid eyes on and would totally jump in a time machine for a chance at all this.'
    Well then. Either he was speaking with a 'dead' Ether Lord, or he'd finally lost it. Probably the latter. He sighed.

"So, uh... Yeah. Are you another one of those 'voices' in my head type things? Because the last one tried to kill me and a few other people... and I can't really have that happen again." He paused. "But yeah, you're about Ramilla level if not higher... And assuming you're not another voice... are you really coming on to me psychically?"

Couldn't be any worse than Ms. Saito was back at the prison, really.

:As far as I can tell, no.:He would find that the console is turned off with the exception of a blinking blue button.

:That right there is a Hyper Portal Terminal. The blue button there activates a tunnel in the space-time continuum called a wormhole that can be attuned to specific coordinates around the planet, or even fixed points in space.:
    "Hum. Wormhole..." He flipped the device over and found the button. "So it's like a more advanced version of my teleportation, only Compresses two points in space down to navigable distances by breaking down and flinging a person's particles at speeds exceeding light... or something?" He asked, literally taking a shot in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Ugh. Yeah, I shouldn't even be doing this. Not when Skye's... The girl's got more problems than I do, that's for sure." Sloane shook his head. "Complaining when she's just lost her family is just messed up."
    There was a moment of silence on the other side.

"What?" Robert asked, head poking through the floor.

Well then. Either he was speaking with a 'dead' Ether Lord, or he'd finally lost it. Probably the latter. He sighed.

"So, uh... Yeah. Are you another one of those 'voices' in my head type things? Because the last one tried to kill me and a few other people... and I can't really have that happen again." He paused. "But yeah, you're about Ramilla level if not higher... And assuming you're not another voice... are you really coming on to me psychically?"

Couldn't be any worse than Ms. Saito was back at the prison, really.
    'Fine, I'll take that. I'm not a voice, but a ghost of sorts, speaking to you from the Astral Plane, don't ask. Don't worry, I don't bite.'

"Hum. Wormhole..." He flipped the device over and found the button. "So it's like a more advanced version of my teleportation, only Compresses two points in space down to navigable distances by breaking down and flinging a person's particles at speeds exceeding light... or something?" He asked, literally taking a shot in the dark.
    Before Richard can respond, the hard light imaging system flickers on. Different colored beams shoot out of the walls and converge in on point on the table. Slowly, a person's form begins to take shape, until she is sitting cross-legged on the table.

"In short, yes. Quick, painless and hella fun, which is the most important thing." She gives him a playful wink as he would recognise her from the video.

'Fine, I'll take that. I'm not a voice, but a ghost of sorts, speaking to you from the Astral Plane, don't ask. Don't worry, I don't bite.'
    "Oh." He thought back simply. "I have an idea about what you are then.. but ghosts hardly talk back, they just leave imprints of memories. Which means you're probably not really 'dead' you're just dead." He concluded. Then after a second added. "And I really don't mind biting. Don't usually feel it, after all."

Before Richard can respond, the hard light imaging system flickers on. Different colored beams shoot out of the walls and converge in on point on the table. Slowly, a person's form begins to take shape, until she is sitting cross-legged on the table.

"In short, yes. Quick, painless and hella fun, which is the most important thing." She gives him a playful wink as he would recognise her from the video.
    "Called it." He said simply, with a playful smile and wink of his own.

There was a moment of silence on the other side.

"What?" Robert asked, head poking through the floor.
    "Yeah, Skye's family was in the Industrial Sector when Kha'lud made his demonstration. Fuck, she's got every right to be a mess right now." Sloane said mournfully. "She's still at the Lindström Manor, working her issues out. Skies above, she needs it more than anyone."