Page 559 of 708 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Now:

Mack wolfed down his toast and raised a hand.

"Well, 'fore we get down ta business, talkin' 'bout how we're gonna prep fer what we're gonna do when Khal'ud attacks, I wanna bring up somethin' else: What we're doin fer before he attacks. We all have that crazy dream with Khal'ud and the ghosts, or did I just dream that 'erryone was there' part up myself?" He waited for confirmation from the other cadets before continuing.

"Yeah, thought so. Seems pretty clear Khal wanted ta mess with us, thow us off our game, yeah? He ain't waitin' the whole month ta get started beatin' us, an' I'm thinkin' just 'cause the first thing he tried di'n't make us all fall all over ourselves beggin' ta be th' first ta surrender don't mean he ain't gonna try messin' with us again. I'm thinkin' we got ta be worryin' 'bout two things: Him doin' that crap again, screwin' with our minds the whole time, an' him doin' somethin' different, tryin' ta hit us where we ain't lookin'.

"Fer the first, I'm thinkin' we need some sorta... mind shields 'r somethin'. I mean, besides sleepin' with our psycho bracelets on from now on, which is somethin' I'm gonna say we should be doin' now. An' fer the other, I think we need ta figger out what else the guy c'n do all the way from over there ta hit us here, so we can nip that shit inna bud. So, uh, whadda y'all think? Got any good ideas?"

"I'm sure I could come up with something if I had an extra psi-blocker or two..." Boss mused. "Shit, just give me a brain mapping of any psychic wavelengths and I should be able to whip one up from scratch myself, given that I could just disregard the telepathic aura through different parameters of psionic discharge radiation..." Boss began to trail off, tapping buttons on a pad as two holographic screens drew up in front of him, one of them displaying a view of the ocean.

"But yeah, I can pretty much easily make a powerful psychic blocker with the knowledge I have now. And since we got our own psychic power of our own on the team I can use that to strengthen our mental defenses. I can form it into a sort of helmet or something," Boss continued.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I'm sure I could come up with something if I had an extra psi-blocker or two..." Boss mused. "Shit, just give me a brain mapping of any psychic wavelengths and I should be able to whip one up from scratch myself, given that I could just disregard the telepathic aura through different parameters of psionic discharge radiation..." Boss began to trail off, tapping buttons on a pad as two holographic screens drew up in front of him, one of them displaying a view of the ocean.

"But yeah, I can pretty much easily make a powerful psychic blocker with the knowledge I have now. And since we got our own psychic power of our own on the team I can use that to strengthen our mental defenses. I can form it into a sort of helmet or something," Boss continued.
    Maxana has no clue what he said as far as technicalities, but she nods. She looks at Ramilia, who slips off her bracelet and slides it toward him. "Do you require any sort of special equipment to do that," Maxana says.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia wished there was something more she could do for Skye, but maybe what she can do will help a little. But first she needed to find Cammy, was she late?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy stood near Skye, looking extremely uncertain, not quite sure how to reach out to Skye.
    Seeing them together, Rivia stands up and walks over to them, "Cammy, Skye, may I talk to you both? "
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maxana has no clue what he said as far as technicalities, but she nods. She looks at Ramilia, who slips off her bracelet and slides it toward him. "Do you require any sort of special equipment to do that," Maxana says.
    "Nah, I got everything I need," Boss shook his head. "Hopefully, I'll get the chance to run a few tests before we head out to battle Khal'Ud, though."

Cammy stood near Skye, looking extremely uncertain, not quite sure how to reach out to Skye.
    She's all I have left. Skye thinks to herself.

Seeing them together, Rivia stands up and walks over to them, "Cammy, Skye, may I talk to you both? "
    Skye forces a small smile. "What's up, Rivia?"

"Nah, I got everything I need," Boss shook his head. "Hopefully, I'll get the chance to run a few tests before we head out to battle Khal'Ud, though."
    Drat. She was hoping he did not so she would have an excuse to invite him to her house. Daddy would absolutely adore a mind like his.

Oh well.

Nodding, she smiles. "Okay. I hope it works out, and quickly."

OOC: What you said...:
    Drat. She was hoping he did not so she would have an excuse to invite him to her house. Daddy would absolutely adore a mind like his.

Oh well.

Nodding, she smiles. "Okay. I hope it works out, and quickly."
    What I read...

What's that, Boss?! You don't want to meet with a genius billionaire who you can intern with and get the resources to build any invention of your wildest dreams!? Oh, you don't?! WELL ALRIGHT SON!

*Takes offer and sets in on fire before tossing it into the sun*
    8P

Rivia wished there was something more she could do for Skye, but maybe what she can do will help a little. But first she needed to find Cammy, was she late?
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    She's all I have left. Skye thinks to herself.

Skye forces a small smile. "What's up, Rivia?"
    Rivia reaches into her shoulder bag and pulls out two small objects. One is an ancient looking, dark metal pendant on a chain. The pendant had the appearance of a tiny hand mirror, and where the reflective glass normally would be was an inlade opal that shone with a faint, multicolor light. The other object was a gold ring, slightly battered but inscribed with ancient symbols or runes.

Holding them out for Skye and Cammy to see, "I found these hidden away at my Uncle's home. As soon as I touched them I could sense that they were powerful, though I'm not yet sure what they do. I am pretty sure that the ring channels Either energy, and the pendant has a connection to Leyline energy. I would like for each of you to have one. My intuition tells me that these have the power to help protect you during our fight with Khal'ud."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

OOC: What you said...:

What I read...

8P
    OOC: lol. It's not too late. He'll probably need a better place to work than a warehouse.

OOC: lol. It's not too late. He'll probably need a better place to work than a warehouse.
    OOC: I'm sure I'll think of a way for him to suddenly remember Maxana comes from a billionaire genius family with tons of resources that can assist Boss in future inventions.

BIC: "Hey, Maxana!" Boss suddenly remembered. "Don't you come from a billionaire genius family with tons of resources that can assist me in future inventions?"

OOC: I'm sure I'll think of a way for him to suddenly remember Maxana comes from a billionaire genius family with tons of resources that can assist Boss in future inventions.

BIC: "Hey, Maxana!" Boss suddenly remembered. "Don't you come from a billionaire genius family with tons of resources that can assist me in future inventions?"
    OOC: Ha! :P

IC: She grins brightly.

The plan lives once more.

"Why yes, Boss, yes I do. My home has a Lab in it where you can work in peace, as well."

OOC: Ha! :P

IC: She grins brightly.

The plan lives once more.

"Why yes, Boss, yes I do. My home has a Lab in it where you can work in peace, as well."
    "Well, it'd be a great deal better working in that warehouse...not as homey though," Boss shrugged. "Well, once I get a chance, I'll see if I can stop by."

"Well, it'd be a great deal better working in that warehouse...not as homey though," Boss shrugged. "Well, once I get a chance, I'll see if I can stop by."
    She smirks. "Oh, I believe you will feel right at home there." She also believes that he will be more than anxious to stop by.

She smirks. "Oh, I believe you will feel right at home there." She also believes that he will be more than anxious to stop by.
    "Well..." Boss shrugged, scratching the back of his head. "If you say so. Oh and do you think there's enough room for the ten dreadnoughts I've got?" he asked. "Well...there's really eleven but I don't think there's any room for the last one..."

"Well..." Boss shrugged, scratching the back of his head. "If you say so. Oh and do you think there's enough room for the ten dreadnoughts I've got?" he asked. "Well...there's really eleven but I don't think there's any room for the last one..."
    She scratches her head and visualizes it in her head. "No, probably not. But Lindcorp's underground R&D lab in Two is larger than my home, so I think there is more than enough room for your Dreadnaughts."