Page 557 of 708 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 10619
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Me too, I'd be useless down there even if I had a way to go." Rivia looked thoughtful, "Maybe you, I and anyone else not going can get together and do something useful."
    "Like what," Ramilia asks. She has nothing to do but train, but is up for something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Like what," Ramilia asks. She has nothing to do but train, but is up for something useful.
    "Not sure yet." Looking towards Ramilia, "Figured I'd get some ideas at this meeting. Though, I have wondered about that stash of technology Volkov found, Kahl'ud's technology. Was wondering if it was still there and if there was anything left we could make use of."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"Not sure yet." Looking towards Ramilia, "Figured I'd get some ideas at this meeting. Though, I have wondered about that stash of technology Volkov found, Kahl'ud's technology. Was wondering if it was still there and if there was anything left we could make use of."
    "Well, the last thing I want near me is Kha'lud's shit, so count me out if that's what you plan. I do wonder what kind of Old World tech is still out there. Maybe if some of our smart guys can a hold of some, they can reverse engineer it or whatever and make more."

"Well, the last thing I want near me is Kha'lud's shit, so count me out if that's what you plan. I do wonder what kind of Old World tech is still out there. Maybe if some of our smart guys can a hold of some, they can reverse engineer it or whatever and make more."
    "True. Though, I just thought knowing more about Khal'ud's tech might give us an advantage in dealing with him. The more you know about your enemy, that kind of thing. But I understand how you feel." Rivia thought in this, "Maybe Hunter Snow has some suggestions."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"True. Though, I just thought knowing more about Khal'ud's tech might give us an advantage in dealing with him. The more you know about your enemy, that kind of thing. But I understand how you feel." Rivia thought in this, "Maybe Hunter Snow has some suggestions."
    "Yeah, we'll have something to work with while the others do their thing." Sloane waved.

"I know. Just don't want anyone getting mind controlled like One Eye. But I guess it can't hurt to study it, as long as we're careful. Though, that sounds like job for Boss."

The problem with AI, and "smart" AI in particular, with their ability to multitask, and process incredible amounts of information in a short time.. was simply a matter of available free time.

Now, for a traditional AI, that just meant that, for the most part, they were idle, patiently awaiting a time when they could be of some use to the one that programmed them.

But Aegis wasn't a traditional AI, and next to Hunter Snow, the most advanced AI on the planet. And she was bored.. Which was less than good news for the man she shared a body with.

Let's see what kind of stuff we can get up to if we integrate the rest of his powers with the suit. she mused.

While she tinkered she decided it would only be fitting to introduce herself to everyone.

She poked one of Ramilla's ears playfully. "Hey, Ramilla, introduce me."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    The problem with AI, and "smart" AI in particular, with their ability to multitask, and process incredible amounts of information in a short time.. was simply a matter of available free time.

Now, for a traditional AI, that just meant that, for the most part, they were idle, patiently awaiting a time when they could be of some use to the one that programmed them.

But Aegis wasn't a traditional AI, and next to Hunter Snow, the most advanced AI on the planet. And she was bored.. Which was less than good news for the man she shared a body with.

Let's see what kind of stuff we can get up to if we integrate the rest of his powers with the suit. she mused.

While she tinkered she decided it would only be fitting to introduce herself to everyone.

She poked one of Ramilla's ears playfully. "Hey, Ramilla, introduce me."
    She sighs silently. Great; couldn't she do it herself if she was so smart.

Clearing her throat loudly enough for everyone in the room to hear, "Um, excuse me, but this," she points to Aegis, "is Aegis. She's an AI that Casimir created with help from Mr. Lindström and his own AI. So, yeah....oh yeah, she's based on my brainwaves. Yeah....say hi, Mini Me."

She sighs silently. Great; couldn't she do it herself if she was so smart.

Clearing her throat loudly enough for everyone in the room to hear, "Um, excuse me, but this," she points to Aegis, "is Aegis. She's an AI that Casimir created with help from Mr. Lindström and his own AI. So, yeah....oh yeah, she's based on my brainwaves. Yeah....say hi, Mini Me."
    Still tinkering and writing in the code for the nanomachines she noted Ramilla's hesitant introduction and smiled softly.

Close enough. She flicked Ramilla's ear again. "Thank's mom," she disappeared then reappeared on the top of her head.

"Morning everyone, like Ramilla said, I'm Aegis and I'll be helping Sparky, help you all save the world." She looked at the lot of them, nicknames already coming to mind for the majority, based both on Casimir's memories of them, and Ramilla's own.

So he s Brick, and she's Steely Jane, and then we've got Shifty, the Captain, and Dr. Misty.. She chuckled again.

This one one messed up group, and the best part was they were the only ones that could save the planet.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Still tinkering and writing in the code for the nanomachines she noted Ramilla's hesitant introduction and smiled softly.

Close enough. She flicked Ramilla's ear again. "Thank's mom," she disappeared then reappeared on the top of her head.

"Morning everyone, like Ramilla said, I'm Aegis and I'll be helping Sparky, help you all save the world." She looked at the lot of them, nicknames already coming to mind for the majority, based both on Casimir's memories of them, and Ramilla's own.

So he s Brick, and she's Steely Jane, and then we've got Shifty, the Captain, and Dr. Misty.. She chuckled again.

This one one messed up group, and the best part was they were the only ones that could save the planet.
    "Your welcome, Mini Me," she says, flinching ever so slightly at being called 'mom'. It seems like the meeting won't be taking place for a few more minutes, so she takes this chance to close her eyes and meditate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

"I am sure we can. And it will only take a few minutes for you."

Talking to Skye is like walking on eggshells. Any word, even well meaning could set her off. She had noticed she had become increasingly quiet and closed in. Which she is sure is not a good thing.

But again, walking on eggshells.

Already sitting Maxana nods at all of them. "Commander Agnar, how many people are still without power thanks to the Industrial explosion?"
    "Roughly 300,000, but the engineers working on the problem assure me they can get power back there within a day, two tops."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Hunter snow looks at a display on her wrist and smiles slightly.

"Before we begin, we have a guest arriving in a few moments. I think you'll all be quite pleased."

Marko looks mildly intrigued from his own spot. He'd spent much of his time taking rioters down and keeping the peace as best he could, and the nightmare hadn't done him much good. He looked tired and worn, but determined. Now that Volkov was defeated, his main goal of avenging his father's murder had been accomplished, and the others had noticed that he seemed more.....at peace. Fulfilled.

Eisen looks over at Hunter Snow and smiles, in on the secret. Eisen had spent all her time taking care of the injured, healing as many as she could. It had been a trying time, because even her healing ray couldn't save everyone.

"Ja, it will be good to see them."

Selma looks curiously between them, not getting it right away. Her time had been spent helping Kirby subdue the warring factions of Volkov's supporters and making sure her family was okay. Luckily, nothing had happened aside from some bumps and bruises as far as they were concerned.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

"Before we begin, we have a guest arriving in a few moments. I think you'll all be quite pleased."

Marko looks mildly intrigued from his own spot. He'd spent much of his time taking rioters down and keeping the peace as best he could, and the nightmare hadn't done him much good. He looked tired and worn, but determined. Now that Volkov was defeated, his main goal of avenging his father's murder had been accomplished, and the others had noticed that he seemed more.....at peace. Fulfilled.

Eisen looks over at Hunter Snow and smiles, in on the secret. Eisen had spent all her time taking care of the injured, healing as many as she could. It had been a trying time, because even her healing ray couldn't save everyone.

Selma looks curiously between them, not getting it right away. Her time had been spent helping Kirby subdue the warring factions of Volkov's supporters and making sure her family was okay. Luckily, nothing had happened aside from some bumps and bruises as far as they were concerned.
    Rivia pulled out her amulet from under her shirt, the one she found in her uncle's barn, and stared down at it. It was beautiful, and ancient, and she could sense it's power, but, like the dagger she given to Sloane, she had no idea how it worked. In the shoulderbag were her tablet pc, a few other things, and two more objects of power. Thinking on them, she wondered if these objects once belonged to this Merlin guy, and how on earth her family ended up with them.

"Roughly 300,000, but the engineers working on the problem assure me they can get power back there within a day, two tops."
    "Oh good. Maybe this will help speed things up." She rolls a cylindrical metal device toward the commander, the stylized Lindcorp logo facing upward. "It is a power generator that should restore power to at least some of thosr people."

Curious, both Maxana and Ramilia look to see who it is.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Day 1: Pangaean Project Headquarters, 30000 ft below Eden

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Takeshi follows her, resisting the urge to keep his hands on his weapons.
    As she quickly led him down a long series of passageways- tunnels carved into the earth and reinforced with both technology and empowered craft- both intuition and his Dragon's Sight informed him of various things running along- and within- the walls.

"Remember when I told that you wear the metal ring at all times?" she asked as she came to a large set of doors that looked tough enough to withstand assault from anything short of the end of the world. What lay beyond the door was unknown; his sight failing to pick up anything. Placing her left hand towards it, she concentrated for a moment- a glow becoming manifest around her as she seemingly communicated with the door itself. "Janias, my son, designed this place. He put his all into its creation- hiding himself away the world and- with the exception of his father and I- his family. Somehow in the years he worked to bring this place into being, he's managed to imbue the very earth in which we will soon walk with its own spirit. Her name is Carnelia, and she's fond of him, just as you claim to be fond of my daughter. Unfortunately, she's rather unfond of strangers and those not of the blood. So much so, that my son and husband had to design and craft devices- like that metal ring- to mark those wearing them as friends of the family- that way, she'd leave them mostly alone."

The seeming communication stopped; and the door began to unlock and open itself. As it did so, the reason why nothing could be sensed beyond the door became apparent. His Dragon's Sight was overwhelmed immediately; unlike the relative dead zone of activity that was his entry point into the underground facility, here the very walls seemed to overflow with the four powers which together composed the totality of Empowered might. There was a great power here, that even the most insensitive of individuals could feel; an familiar yet alien presence could be felt manipulating the energy, possessed of a mind and will of its own, and unfortunately, the mind had a mind to throughly examine the unfamiliar presence in its midst. As it attempted to do so, the ring began to emit an aura that interacted with Carnelia's probes. Satisfied- for now- with what the ring told her, Carnelia backed off- though that did nothing to assuage his senses.

"It looks like everything is working as it should," Galimany said, as she started walking anew, motioning for him to follow. A minute- and a shorter series of tunnels- later, and she stopped again, this time before a window. Should he peer inside, he would see a medical facility- a sickbay expanded to ridiculous proportions, filled with both familiar and potentially unknown equipment (some of which were recognizably state of the art and others seemingly beyond that, despite it technically being technology of an older age). But more importantly, she would she Iriesia- alone, but definitely monitored- asleep in one of the beds. From what he could see, she appeared to be in good- if not perfect- health.

"Well," she said, as she pointed to a pair of sliding doors, "here she is; not knowing if you wanted to deal with other people, I asked everyone to leave her alone for a bit. If you need or want anything, just ask aloud, and Carnelia will direct you to it. Is there anything you'd like to ask me, before I go?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras