Page 529 of 708 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 10619
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Madelyn frowns sadly. Maybe that wasn't a good thing to ask. "Oh...well, you made it.... So, are you one of Ramilia's friends?"
    "Yes. Cas and I are Ramilia's friends." Sloane confirmed. "To be honest, I didn't expect a famous personage like her would associate with us. But it happened, and now here we are."

He had to steer this conversation away from the more depressing parts of what he had just said.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    An interesting question, one that he wasn't really sure how to answer. His life and upbringing were a tangled mass of confusion and bad experiences. Physical and emotional pain, being the most recent.

"Well, let's see..." He trailed off, and in the span of only a few seconds managed to form what he felt would be an okay answer.

"I was born and raised in Sector 8 by my Uncle, before being enrolled in the Arcadia Academy," he started. "When I was younger I devoted a considerable amount of time to my studies and martial arts, and was also in training to become a blacksmith before my.. gifts actually started to manifest themselves," he paused. "But since my trip to Mars I have developed a strong interest in technology, and most of my focus has been on learning that, along with mastering my other... gifts."
    Norda and Joey both nod appreciatively. "What is it like in Sector Eight like? Quiet, I imagine."

"And also," Joey adds, "what are these gifts of yours?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Yes. Cas and I are Ramilia's friends." Sloane confirmed. "To be honest, I didn't expect a famous personage like her would associate with us. But it happened, and now here we are."

He had to steer this conversation away from the more depressing parts of what he had just said.
    "I could hardly believe that she wanted to be my friend, eizer, but zat happened too." She smiles fondly.

"I could hardly believe that she wanted to be my friend, eizer, but zat happened too." She smiles fondly.
    "Well, Ramilia made the right choice. I'm happy for you two." Sloane said with a slight nod.

That should be the right thing to say.

Norda and Joey both nod appreciatively. "What is it like in Sector Eight like? Quiet, I imagine."
    "It was, probably helped that I was raised in a more rural area of the Sector." He replied.

"And also," Joey adds, "what are these gifts of yours?"
    "Well, when I first started out it was speed and durability. Later it branched out and grew into elemental abilities primarily fire and diamond creation and manipulation.. and later things like electromagnetic manipulation, transmutation, teleportation.. and a few other, stranger abilities." He paused, "I can show you if you'd prefer that to an explanation." He offered.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"Well, Ramilia made the right choice. I'm happy for you two." Sloane said with a slight nod.

That should be the right thing to say.
    She smiles brightly. "Merci beaucoup. I have never known happiness until I met her." Ramilia says nothing but smiles.

"It was, probably helped that I was raised in a more rural area of the Sector." He replied.
    "So, you're a country bumpkin," Joey says, only to receive a futile elbow to his arm from how wife. "What? It's a valid question."

"Well, when I first started out it was speed and durability. Later it branched out and grew into elemental abilities primarily fire and diamond creation and manipulation.. and later things like electromagnetic manipulation, transmutation, teleportation.. and a few other, stranger abilities." He paused, "I can show you if you'd prefer that to an explanation." He offered.
    "Branched out thanks to...Tabia, correct?" Norda asks. "Yes, I would love a demonstration."

She smiles brightly. "Merci beaucoup. I have never known happiness until I met her." Ramilia says nothing but smiles.
    Huh, wonder what she means?

"Tell us about yourself, Madelyn. Surely you've had a good upbringing?" He asked with a smile.

"So, you're a country bumpkin," Joey says, only to receive a futile elbow to his arm from how wife. "What? It's a valid question."
    "Not if you've ever met a country bumpkin." He smiled. "I wasn't raised on a farm, just raised where it was quiet." The reason for why made sense.. his Uncle had been afraid he was like his parents.

He'd been right, in a way.

"Branched out thanks to...Tabia, correct?" Norda asks. "Yes, I would love a demonstration."
    "Yes, she started it. But some of my abilities came from elsewhere." He nodded when she asked for a display and picked up one of the forks.

"So, this fork is made of silver, right?"

Huh, wonder what she means?

"Tell us about yourself, Madelyn. Surely you've had a good upbringing?" He asked with a smile.
    She smiles. "Oui, I did. I was born in Seven, and had a fairly normal childhood, as in nozing too tragic happened. Um, I discovered my abilities, Stamina and Durability, when I was fifteen, went to Arcadia, and when I graduated, I applied for a job here."

"Not if you've ever met a country bumpkin." He smiled. "I wasn't raised on a farm, just raised where it was quiet." The reason for why made sense.. his Uncle had been afraid he was like his parents.

He'd been right, in a way.
    "I got ya. Guess you wouldn't last too long here in One, then. It's pretty loud and busy."

"Yes, she started it. But some of my abilities came from elsewhere." He nodded when she asked for a display and picked up one of the forks.

"So, this fork is made of silver, right?"
    Since he did not elaborate, Norda decides not to follow up on the other origin of his abilities. She nods. "Yes, pure silver."

She smiles. "Oui, I did. I was born in Seven, and had a fairly normal childhood, as in nozing too tragic happened. Um, I discovered my abilities, Stamina and Durability, when I was fifteen, went to Arcadia, and when I graduated, I applied for a job here."
    "Oh, and then you met Ramilia. Best moment of your life, right?" Sloane knew it was a rhetorical question, but he figured it was going to be pleasing to them.

"Oh, and then you met Ramilia. Best moment of your life, right?" Sloane knew it was a rhetorical question, but he figured it was going to be pleasing to them.
    She nods. "And every day with her has been better zan the ze one before it."

"I got ya. Guess you wouldn't last too long here in One, then. It's pretty loud and busy."
    "Depends on how the people in this sector are when it comes to empowered." He replied simply.

Since he did not elaborate, Norda decides not to follow up on the other origin of his abilities. She nods. "Yes, pure silver."
    The hand holding the fork glowed brightly, and the fork wasn't silver. "Now it's gold." Another flash and it was quite obviously diamond. "Now it's diamond."

She nods. "And every day with her has been better zan the ze one before it."
    "I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. If only I could be so blessed...."

The hand holding the fork glowed brightly, and the fork wasn't silver. "Now it's gold." Another flash and it was quite obviously diamond. "Now it's diamond."
    "Ah. I didn't know you could do gold. That must be recent." Sloane noted.

"Depends on how the people in this sector are when it comes to empowered." He replied simply.
    He shrugs. "They're okay with me, so far as I know. They should be okay with you."

Her eyes brighten as they fork changes from silver to gold to diamond. "How did you do that?"