Page 528 of 708 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maxana is greet at the dining room by the smell of perfectly grilled pork steaks and creamy mashed potatoes sided with green beans. Tandra is already ladling out gravy onto the potatoes when Maxana sits down next to her sister, with her Mum sitting across from her. The food has already been placed on the beautifully crafted and decorated porcelain plates, with white wine, or sparkling cider for Savannah, poured in the sparkling glasses.

All that is waiting is for everyone to arrive.
    Casimir takes a seat next to Max and waits patiently for everyone else.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Maxana is greet at the dining room by the smell of perfectly grilled pork steaks and creamy mashed potatoes sided with green beans. Tandra is already ladling out gravy onto the potatoes when Maxana sits down next to her sister, with her Mum sitting across from her. The food has already been placed on the beautifully crafted and decorated porcelain plates, with white wine, or sparkling cider for Savannah, poured in the sparkling glasses.

All that is waiting is for everyone to arrive.
    "It looks splendid." Aside from the plates and glasses, it was tolerable.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

~Still standing building, Ruins of the Industrial Sector~

Ten minutes.

That was how much time passed for Takeshi- still seated where he was- before his Dragon's Sight alerted him to her return.

"Well, have you had enough time to reflect?" Galimany asked, the sound of her voice coming from the water she had left behind.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy recoiled and put her hands up defensively, "I, uh... just myself."

"It's, uh, something I do when I'm stressed", she finished lamely, hoping they didn't see through the weak lie, "Why did you think it was a fairy?"
    "Cause they are real, and they like it when we talk to them, and they're all around us even if we can't always see them. Rivia introduced me to them, she has this cool power that let me be a fairy, kinda, for a little while. That's when I saw them, they're so beautiful. If you have someone looking out for you then your real lucky, bet whoever it is is real beautiful as well. The good guys usually are, not always, I mean you can be a good guy and look ugly on the outside, but if your really good then you are always beautiful on the inside. Know what I mean?" Brandy looked wistfully at her.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir takes a seat next to Max and waits patiently for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "It looks splendid." Aside from the plates and glasses, it was tolerable.
    It would be a few more minutes before a noticeably more relaxed Ramilia and Madelyn, with Joey snickering behind them, arrive and take their seats.

"Grumpy, Sloane, glad you two could join us," he says with his ever present smirk.

It would be a few more minutes before a noticeably more relaxed Ramilia and Madelyn, with Joey snickering behind them, arrive and take their seats.

"Grumpy, Sloane, glad you two could join us," he says with his ever present smirk.
    "Thanks for having us."

He looked at Joey, then glanced at Ramilla and Madelyn before looking at the dinner spread with slight disinterest.

"Hello, Mr. Lindström. It's nice to meet you." Sloane smiled. This guy, oh this guy was a tricky one. He liked that, even if the splendour of Joey's housing made him want to strangle the man.

"And glad to see you two are feelin' better." He addressed Ramilia and Madelyn.

"Thanks for having us."

He looked at Joey, then glanced at Ramilla and Madelyn before looking at the dinner spread with slight disinterest.
    Nodding, Joey takes a bite of steak and says, "So, you're Max's boyfriend, right?"

Ramilia flinched involuntarily.

"Hello, Mr. Lindström. It's nice to meet you." Sloane smiled. This guy, oh this guy was a tricky one. He liked that, even if the splendour of Joey's housing made him want to strangle the man.
    "You too, Sloane."

[QUOTE=Eternal Torment;16657581"And glad to see you two are feelin' better." He addressed Ramilia and Madelyn.[/QUOTE]
    Ramilia nods once, too busy eating to talk. So Madelyn speaks up for her. "Oui, she was in a very sour mood, but I calmed her down. She also told me about your adventures outside ze dome. Very interesting."

Nodding, Joey takes a bite of steak and says, "So, you're Max's boyfriend, right?"

"Yes." He nods.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    ~Still standing building, Ruins of the Industrial Sector~

Ten minutes.

That was how much time passed for Takeshi- still seated where he was- before his Dragon's Sight alerted him to her return.

"Well, have you had enough time to reflect?" Galimany asked, the sound of her voice coming from the water she had left behind.
    "Self-loathing is my usual forte, but yes. I apologize."
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

"You too, Sloane."
    Sloane nodded and smiled. Just as he was about to pick up a fork....

Wait, I don't know about formal etiquette.

He was stuck staring at the cutlery for a minute or two before he figured out what to do. He simply looked at Joey, then followed what he was doing. He sighed in relief as the anxiety started to subside.

Ramilia nods once, too busy eating to talk. So Madelyn speaks up for her. "Oui, she was in a very sour mood, but I calmed her down. She also told me about your adventures outside ze dome. Very interesting."
    "Y- yeah." He didn't eat quite yet. If he remembered this right, eating with food in your mouth- No, talking with food in your mouth was bad manners. Skies, he had to get his focus back.

He cleared his throat, going through the usual motions to regain mental balance.

"It was really dangerous. I can't believe we pulled through so well, given the surprising things we had to face."

"Yes." He nods.
    Before Joey can ask a question, Norda cuts him off. "Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?"

"Y- yeah." He didn't eat quite yet. If he remembered this right, eating with food in your mouth- No, talking with food in your mouth was bad manners. Skies, he had to get his focus back.

He cleared his throat, going through the usual motions to regain mental balance.

"It was really dangerous. I can't believe we pulled through so well, given the surprising things we had to face."
    "And zere were zings eat she wasn't zere for, on....Mars. What was zat like?" she follows up while adjusting her lowcut top.

"And zere were zings eat she wasn't zere for, on....Mars. What was zat like?" she follows up while adjusting her lowcut top.
    Luckily for Sloane, he had developed the healthy habit of making eye contact before anything untowards could happen.

"Well, there was a crisis when one of those Dreadnoughts destroyed one of the colonies of Mars. It was a terrible tragedy. Rana, the construct, had awakened to kill us. The destruction of the colony of Vulcan was her way of getting our attention. We defeated her, but it was the leader of Mars who finished her off." He shook his head.

It didn't feel right to eat when speaking about horrible things like that.

Before Joey can ask a question, Norda cuts him off. "Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?"
    An interesting question, one that he wasn't really sure how to answer. His life and upbringing were a tangled mass of confusion and bad experiences. Physical and emotional pain, being the most recent.

"Well, let's see..." He trailed off, and in the span of only a few seconds managed to form what he felt would be an okay answer.

"I was born and raised in Sector 8 by my Uncle, before being enrolled in the Arcadia Academy," he started. "When I was younger I devoted a considerable amount of time to my studies and martial arts, and was also in training to become a blacksmith before my.. gifts actually started to manifest themselves," he paused. "But since my trip to Mars I have developed a strong interest in technology, and most of my focus has been on learning that, along with mastering my other... gifts."

Luckily for Sloane, he had developed the healthy habit of making eye contact before anything untowards could happen.

"Well, there was a crisis when one of those Dreadnoughts destroyed one of the colonies of Mars. It was a terrible tragedy. Rana, the construct, had awakened to kill us. The destruction of the colony of Vulcan was her way of getting our attention. We defeated her, but it was the leader of Mars who finished her off." He shook his head.

It didn't feel right to eat when speaking about horrible things like that.
    Madelyn frowns sadly. Maybe that wasn't a good thing to ask. "Oh...well, you made it.... So, are you one of Ramilia's friends?"