Page 441 of 708 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 10619
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    The heat from the Takeshi's attack blackens the armor and lightly burns his exposed skin. At the same time, his fists miss Carmen and strike Takeshi.

"Fucking idiot." Didn't know how to contain himself.

Changing tactics, Casimir converts the air around Carmen into pure hydrogen.
    She vanishes and reappears, standing on the ceiling several yards away. She looked at them upside down and grinned.

"That all?"
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Tell me what are these consequences? I don't see any as we have lived out there just fine for so long."
    "Heh. Have you thought about climate control, for one. Eden has a set pattern of weather and climate, made to order so humanity never has to worry. Outside, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, lightning storms, floods, landslides, mudslides, tsunamis, heat waves, they all exist. Another is the fact that humanity has existed in a bubble for a thousand years, most of our immune systems won't be compatible with diseases that exist outside. We won't have an immunity to them anymore. Beyond even those basic facts is the sheer mass panic of no longer being safe, of having everything exposed. Or how about, when people do migrate out, who has claim to what? How do they claim it? What law exists out there other than whoever can take it, takes it? Any of this crossed your mind yet? What about ancient tech? What happens when we rediscover that? A vast majority of it is very dangerous, yes?"
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She vanishes and reappears, standing on the ceiling several yards away. She looked at them upside down and grinned.

"That all?"
    "As much as I'd like to cut loose, you'd just redirect it and kill Grumpy the Dragon. So I'll wait for him. He can't kill me anyway."

Sighing, he increased his durability (35) wordlessly on the off chance he was wrong.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"Heh. Have you thought about climate control, for one. Eden has a set pattern of weather and climate, made to order so humanity never has to worry. Outside, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, lightning storms, floods, landslides, mudslides, tsunamis, heat waves, they all exist. Another is the fact that humanity has existed in a bubble for a thousand years, most of our immune systems won't be compatible with diseases that exist outside. We won't have an immunity to them anymore. Beyond even those basic facts is the sheer mass panic of no longer being safe, of having everything exposed. Or how about, when people do migrate out, who has claim to what? How do they claim it? What law exists out there other than whoever can take it, takes it? Any of this crossed your mind yet? What about ancient tech? What happens when we rediscover that? A vast majority of it is very dangerous, yes?"
    "Coward, wimp! Better to struggle to survive then to live here as lab rats and caged birds just waiting to die off."

He sits there, still smoking. He reaches up and scratches his head a bit before looking at her.

"Means to an end, huh? Sounds a lot like Bale to me. Yeah, yeah. I'm a murderer alright. Can't say I see much different between me and what your friend the fire starter did out here. Least my kills die quick, before they know what hit them. Some of those bastards outside burned for minutes before they died. But semantics, right? Fact is kid, we're all monsters. I'm just honest about it is all. At least I don't pretend to be human when I do terrible things."

He gets up and sighs, popping his neck back and forth.

"Your mind tricks won't work, kid. Bale's put mental blocks in both our heads to stop that kind of stuff, just in case." Sergei lets his hand drift to the hilt of his sword, touching it lightly.

"You still determined to go forward?"
    Shrugging her shoulders, "Worth a try. But yeah, that 's the way it is in life. You move forward or you stand still and die of boredom. Tell you what though, if we both survive, I'll give you a free pass to my first Art Gallery Open House." Rivia then eyed him coldly, "So don't waste my time." She suddenly glowed with a brilliant, blinding light and a blast of laser light shot out from her hands to his sword arm.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-02-2013 at 05:38 AM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"As much as I'd like to cut loose, you'd just redirect it and kill Grumpy the Dragon. So I'll wait for him. He can't kill me anyway."

Sighing, he increased his durability (35) wordlessly on the off chance he was wrong.
    Carmen pouts.

"Boo. And I thought you'd last longer than that. How boring."

She looks at Takeshi.

"Okay matchstick. You're up. Lite my world on fire, hmm?"
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

"Coward, wimp! Better to struggle to survive then to live here as lab rats and caged birds just waiting to die off."

Shrugging her shoulders, "Worth a try. But yeah, that 's the way it is in life. You move forward or you stand still and die of boredom. Tell you what though, if we both survive, I'll give you a free pass to my first Art Gallery Open House." Rivia then eyed him coldly, "So don't waste my time." She suddenly glowed with a brilliant, blinding light and a blast of laser light shot out from her hands to his sword arm.
    The beam is deflected by something unseen, slamming into a wall and breaking it. She cries out as her legs fall out from under her all of a sudden, blood spraying from her two severed Achilles tendons.

Sergei sheaths his blade with a clink, still sitting where he'd been, still smoking his cig. None of them had seen him move, draw his blade, or get back into position.

"Shame kid. You remind me of someone I used to know. Same bullheadedness, same fire. Last warning. You and your friends stay there, or my blade cuts more than your legs."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Carmen pouts.

"Boo. And I thought you'd last longer than that. How boring."

She looks at Takeshi.

"Okay matchstick. You're up. Lite my world on fire, hmm?"
    "Hey, don't mistake my unwillingness to help you kill Grumpy as my giving up." He replied. "You and I aren't finished playing."

"Hey, don't mistake my unwillingness to help you kill Grumpy as my giving up." He replied. "You and I aren't finished playing."
    She licks her lips and smiles at him lustfully.

"Promises promises."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

The beam is deflected by something unseen, slamming into a wall and breaking it. She cries out as her legs fall out from under her all of a sudden, blood spraying from her two severed Achilles tendons.

Sergei sheaths his blade with a clink, still sitting where he'd been, still smoking his cig. None of them had seen him move, draw his blade, or get back into position.

"Shame kid. You remind me of someone I used to know. Same bullheadedness, same fire. Last warning. You and your friends stay there, or my blade cuts more than your legs."
    Rivia vanished, as she did Sergei saw his sword turn into Swiss cheese, one tiny hole at a time. All around him he heard the sounds of invisible laughter, lots of invisible laughter from many tiny voices, then Rivia's voice,"Did you like my illusion? I mean, come on. Someone with my talent letting you get away with that? Haven't you figured out by now that I CAN SEE YOU?! Past, present and future!"
    Last edited by Tami; 02-02-2013 at 06:01 AM.

She licks her lips and smiles at him lustfully.

"Promises promises."
    He ignored the look as best he could, trying to remember that she was supposedly insane. But it was kind of hard given she was both female and attractive... In a dangerous way.

"Well, I always keep my promises." He replied with a slight smile.

OT: Hardest battle Cas has ever been in right here, Cleric

Rivia vanished, as she did Sergei saw his sword quickly turn into Swiss cheese, one hole at a time. All around him he heard the sounds of invisible laughter, lots of invisible laughter from many tiny voices, then Rivia's voice,"Did you like my illusion? I mean, come on. Someone with my talent letting you get away with that? Haven't you figured out by now that I CAN SEE YOU! Past, present and future!"
    Sergei nods as his sword reforms back to normal. He draws it, the blade flawless and shining.

"Sure, I see. Nice trick kid. But this sword is special, and I wasn't going all out. You want my best? Fine. I gave you your chance."

He closes his eyes, his sword in hand.

"Roar: White."

And he vanishes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

He ignored the look as best he could, trying to remember that she was supposedly insane. But it was kind of hard given she was both female and attractive... In a dangerous way.

"Well, I always keep my promises." He replied with a slight smile.

OT: Hardest battle Cas has ever been in right here, Cleric
    "Ohh, goodie. It's been awhile since I was....entertained. Don't let me down, handsome."

She winks, then turns back to Takeshi.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

"Ohh, goodie. It's been awhile since I was....entertained. Don't let me down, handsome."

She winks, then turns back to Takeshi.
    You bet your ass I won't. "Trust me, I won't." He winked back.

One of the few benefits to Takeshi interrupting... because he is angriest one there is, was that it gave him some time to figure out how to work around the portal redirecting she could do.

That and see what else she could do. Depending on how much of a fight Takeshi put up, of course.. Though he'd never really seen him in action either...

Huh. Go figure.

Sergei nods as his sword reforms back to normal. He draws it, the blade flawless and shining.

"Sure, I see. Nice trick kid. But this sword is special, and I wasn't going all out. You want my best? Fine. I gave you your chance."

He closes his eyes, his sword in hand.

"Roar: White."

And he vanishes.
    The voices went silent and remained invisible as Rivia spoke to Boss, Iresia, Mack, Sloane, Robert, Marko, and Skye telepathically, "Anyone gets the chance, make a run for it." She knew this sword, and what it can do. Her mind worked fast as she used her powers to SEE him and to predict his next move.

The voices went silent and remained invisible as Rivia spoke to Boss, Iresia, Mack, Sloane, Robert, Marko, and Skye telepathically, "Anyone gets the chance, make a run for it." She knew this sword, and what it can do. Her mind worked fast as she used her powers to SEE him and to predict his next move.
    She can't track him. The sheer speed he's moving is staggering. She can't register him anywhere.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR