Page 433 of 708 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Joey's smirk drops somewhat. "Yeah, you're point?"
    "You can't fault her if she did her job as best she could, but couldn't stop me," he replied.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

There was a conflagration that shook Sloane out of his mild trance.

"Camryn?"

The look on her face was horrid. Whatever had put her in that state had also made her into an engine of destruction. There wasn't any chance of them getting close, not with that intense heat.

"What are you doing? Are you out of control?" If she could hear him, he wanted to ease her back into sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy's aura pulsed and grew, the red marks on her face deepening, "You don't have to kill all these people! It's not right!"

He aura pulsed again, growing larger and more avian. It scorched rock and metal alike, protecting Cammy from any attack that came her way. She clutched at her chest, subconsciously trying to stop the burning that was growing in her chest, "Stop it, Skye! This isn't you!"

A flying elemanti had the poor fortune of swooping down in front of Cammy while she was trying to persuade Skye. He reared back, a swirling mix of ice and earth floating in his hand and ready to launch, "Die traitors!"

Something inside Camryn snapped.

She whipped her hand up and unleashed a superheated blast. The concussive force drove a massive trench across the battlefield, leaving nothing but smoldering ruin in its wake. Cammy stared, oblivous to the fact that the aura around her slowly but surely disintegrated her officers coat, leaving her in nothing but her flame resistant under-suit. She was confused, scared, angry, and oddly enough... elated.

Using power like that made her feel... alive. Alive and warm. Incredibly, comfortably warm.

She smiled.

When she did, her aura expanded outward. It didn't explode, but disintegrated everything it touched. Only Skye was spared. Like a new sun being born, it shown brightly, swirling in a sphere before rushing outwards, like great wings being stretched for the first time. Overwhelmed by sensation and emotion, Cammy floated into the sky, gleaming like a shining star. Beneath her, the earth boiled.

She let out an elated sigh. It just felt so... wonderful. It was a moment before she glanced down at the battlefield before her. Contentment soon turned to anger, and from anger, scorn. Stupid, idiot soldiers. Stupid soldiers and mean, cruel, Volkov. She growled, her rage and power coursing through her veins like nothing she had felt before.

She raised her hand.

Everything burned.

Earth gave way to molten chasms that leapt to life, spraying liquid rock gushing into the air. Thunderous blasts rained down from the sky, decimating the battlefield, and all the while she swooped overhead, her face twisted in ecstasy and malice.
    Skye marvels at the vision and whispers, "She's so beautiful."

"Go, Cammy, go!" She cheers on.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir nodded. "I definitely will steal more then, I could make use of a barrier that strong... And alright, good luck."

He trailed off, then smiled before adding, "have fun... Try using someone like a club."
    "What? Like this?" Amare asked, as she grabbed the first enemy she could reach and- picking her off the ground with insulting ease- began swinging her around like an overly enthusiastic batter at home plate.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "What? Like this?" Amare asked, as she grabbed the first enemy she could reach and- picking her off the ground with insulting ease- began swinging her around like an overly enthusiastic batter at home plate.
    "Pretty much." He nodded. "I've been using a guy as a club for the better part of an hour and it's been working great... It also seems to scare the others."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"You can't fault her if she did her job as best she could, but couldn't stop me," he replied.
    "Fair enough, I suppose. But, if someone who is an extension of my authority says no, then you being able to somehow beat her up shouldn't and doesn't matter."

"Pretty much." He nodded. "I've been using a guy as a club for the better part of an hour and it's been working great... It also seems to scare the others."
    "Everything seems to scare some of these people," Amare replied as she- preferring to use her own body to deliver pain- threw the now unconscious soldier as far as she could. "Even stuff like this." She then punched the ground, the force of the blow enough to cause a shockwave that sent those in its path flying. "It's like they never seen an Empowered before- which is ridiculous, given that some of them are Empowered."

OT: When I say she punched the ground, I actually meant she did this.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

"Fair enough, I suppose. But, if someone who is an extension of my authority says no, then you being able to somehow beat her up shouldn't and doesn't matter."
    "True." He shrugged. "I felt the same way. Took her awhile before she realized that I wasn't going to to stop trying until I'd won your daughters hand, so to speak."

"Everything seems to scare some of these people," Amare replied as she- preferring to use her own body to deliver pain- threw the now unconscious soldier as far as she could. "Even stuff like this." She then punched the ground, the force of the blow enough to cause a shockwave that sent those in its path flying. "It's like they never seen an Empowered before- which is ridiculous, given that some of them are Empowered."

OT: When I say she punched the ground, I actually meant she did this.
    "Well.. I know in my case they've never seen someone kill or maim as many people as I have solo. Though I've never seen someone do what you just did.. Really rather kinda awesome." He nodded. "But as far as empowered go, they've never seen anyone nearly as strong as we are. And so far, they've all been unimpressive."

"True." He shrugged. "I felt the same way. Took her awhile before she realized that I wasn't going to to stop trying until I'd won your daughters hand, so to speak."
    Oh boy, this is one of those guys. He resists the urge to roll his eyes.

Since when did Ramilia become so soft? Where was the woman who kicked a kid in the balls because he couldn't take no for an answer?

He watches Max walk over and stand next to Casimir. The smile on her face is nearly blinding. She looks happy, and he's not dead, so apparently Ramilia actually trusts him instead of constantly fighting him until one of them died.

He shrugs. No point in him getting distracted ; he can just let Norda handle this, like she usually does. A knowing smirk touches his lips and he glances over at the two lovebirds.

"Well.. I know in my case they've never seen someone kill or maim as many people as I have solo. Though I've never seen someone do what you just did.. Really rather kinda awesome." He nodded. "But as far as empowered go, they've never seen anyone nearly as strong as we are. And so far, they've all been unimpressive."
    "What I just did was nothing special, just a trick I learned back when I had to learn how to quickly get rid of excess energy. My old man hates it, so even after I figured out how to keep myself in check I kept practicing it. And it's a good thing I did too, otherwise I wouldn't have a thing to deal with those damn speedy types."

Like the bastard up there, Amare thought as she once again noticed something zip by, just within the scope of her peripheral vision. She was a bit too preoccupied at present to deal with the annoyance properly, but it was only a matter of time...

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Oh boy, this is one of those guys. He resists the urge to roll his eyes.

Since when did Ramilia become so soft? Where was the woman who kicked a kid in the balls because he couldn't take no for an answer?

He watches Max walk over and stand next to Casimir. The smile on her face is nearly blinding. She looks happy, and he's not dead, so apparently Ramilia actually trusts him instead of constantly fighting him until one of them died.

He shrugs. No point in him getting distracted ; he can just let Norda handle this, like she usually does. A knowing smirk touches his lips and he glances over at the two lovebirds.
    That's it? Didn't feel right, but he wasn't going to complain.

When Max walked over he wrapped his arm around her and tried to think of something to say.

"So, I, uh... Do we need to get to the..."

He was smooth alright.

"What I just did was nothing special, just a trick I learned back when I had to learn how to quickly get rid of excess energy. My old man hates it, so even after I figured out how to keep myself in check I kept practicing it. And it's a good thing I did too, otherwise I wouldn't have a thing to deal with those damn speedy types."

Like the bastard up there, Amare thought as she once again noticed something zip by, just within the scope of her peripheral vision. She was a bit too preoccupied at present to deal with the annoyance properly, but it was only a matter of time...
    "Huh. Well it's a good thing you did." He paused. "I just tampered with my body's electrical impulses until I was faster and converted my bones into diamond... It's worked so far."

He sniffed and looked around. "Jeeze, kind of scared everyone away with the electeical explosion, huh?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh; 02-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.

That's it? Didn't feel right, but he wasn't going to complain.

When Max walked over he wrapped his arm around her and tried to think of something to say.

"So, I, uh... Do we need to get to the..."

He was smooth alright.
    Smooth as silk, this guy. "What was that," he asks, his smirk never faltering.

Smooth as silk, this guy. "What was that," he asks, his smirk never faltering.
    "Are you, uh, going with us to put down Volkov?" He clarified.