Page 406 of 708 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 10619
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Didn't think she would find anyone else. Meaning that this thing could manipulate the air currents like Mack.

She stands tall. "Nope. It's not over just yet, but nice of you to underestimate me. Which is a mistake, now that I now your secret."

A bolt of Leyline energy suddenly streaks from her hand, invisible to Cas' eyes, and surges toward the shadows chest. This is followed by two more.
    The shadow simply fell backwards to avoid the blasts.

"Nice try."

It put its arms behind its head, laying on the ground as if it was trying to take a nap. At the same time, the invisible band wrapped around Ramilia's other leg and crushed it.

"You're a good deal faster than me with that boost, but you telegraph so much. What happened to that vaunted skill of yours, Orikagi? I'm disappointed."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    The shadow simply fell backwards to avoid the blasts.

"Nice try."

It put its arms behind its head, laying on the ground as if it was trying to take a nap. At the same time, the invisible band wrapped around Ramilia's other leg and crushed it.

"You're a good deal faster than me with that boost, but you telegraph so much. What happened to that vaunted skill of yours, Orikagi? I'm disappointed."
    Only for a foot to embed itself into its sternum. When it looked up, it would see a second Ramilia, while the first is kneeling a few yards away. "Did I telegraph that, too?"

OOC: New stats to reflect the split:

Speed: 66
    Strength: 40
    Durability: 20 (Suit)
    Stamina: 22
    Leyline: 45
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-15-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Having arrived at the entrance to the main armament depot, Rosemary looked to the others.

"So...who wants to do the honor of knocking in these doors?"
    "Looks like that'll be me." Skye says. As she approaches the door, it groans and creeks as it is weakened to the point that it can barely support it's own weight.

With her senses still very active, she tries to get an idea what is behind the door before she causes it to implode inward, showering the contents of the room with metal with as much strength as safety glass.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Shit... Try not to kill any of them until we figure out which one is ours."
    "I wasn't going to kill any of them," she replied. Not even after we found the one we knew, she kept to herself.

Now that she had taken care of all the sensors she could find, it was time to take care of everyone that wasn't Vi- or a clone thereof.

Well, she thought, as she renoticed what Robert was trying to do, at least those who didn't take the bait.

"Calor, Hikari."

As she called the two guardian by the names she had just thought up for them, the world around her became cold and dim- its heat and light being drawn towards her, to assist in the creation of those whose presence she requested. Combining the heat and light from the environment with that of the void in which she could- and had- stored reserves of both, she willed both energies into separate forms- each reminscent of that of the legendary phoenix:

As soon as the two phoenii had manifested, they began to act in accordance to Iriesia's will- spare her friends and those who held their shape, and destroy everyone and everything else. Irie herself went to find Takeshi, nevertheless keeping an eye out on Eisen and Robert, in case either needed assistance.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Only for a foot to embed itself into its sternum. When it looked up, it would see a second Ramilia, while the first is kneeling a few yards away. "Did I telegraph that, too?"

OOC: New stats to reflect the split:

Speed: 66
    Leyline: 45
    Ramilia could feel something snap under her feet. The shadow coughed up some blood, but then easily slid away as if it was on ice. There was a look of disdain in its eyes.

"You just had to show me that, didn't you? Now we all know about it."

The shadow tumbled back onto its feet, seemingly unaffected by the injury. With a snap of its fingers, three holes suddenly appeared in the second Ramilia's chest.

"Go on, then. If that's all you've got, then you can't stop me from winning."

Ramilia could feel something snap under her feet. The shadow coughed up some blood, but then easily slid away as if it was on ice. There was a look of disdain in its eyes.

"You just had to show me that, didn't you? Now we all know about it."

The shadow tumbled back onto its feet, seemingly unaffected by the injury. With a snap of its fingers, three holes suddenly appeared in the second Ramilia's chest.

"Go on, then. If that's all you've got, then you can't stop me from winning."
    As the copy drops to her knees, the real Ramilia reappears behind the shadow and launches a flurry of Leyline charged punches and kicks.

The Fists That Killed the Heavens

A sonic boom thunders as she reaches her full speed, her limbs slicing through the air like razors. After each punch, she teleports to a different spot, never appearing in the same position twice. If the shadow doesn't know where she'll appear next, then it can't start to form some kind of defense in advance. Unpredictablity is a fighter's greatest asset, next to skill, in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Though mentally she comes off strong and confident, her physical body is starting to show some signs of the strain of this battle. Seated on the floor where Max left her, her eyes closed and mind focused, her skin glistens from the sweat and has gone a shade paler than normal. Her breathing is slow, yet steady, for now. Though unseen to all but Rivia, she is surrounded by invisible Fairies. Unable to act without tapping into her powers, they still watch over her as best they can.
    "Okay, just be careful. And please make sure that thing does not hurt Ramilia." She can barely keep the emotions out of her voice before she can shut off the comm.

She reaches Rivia and frowns. The sweat glistening off her skin, the look of determination etched on her face, the pixie lights all hovering around her all reveal the epic battle raging in her head.

Two fights happening, and she is absolutely useless in both. Her frown deepening, she encloses the both of them in a glass dome and sits down beside her.
    Rivia can sense Max sitting next to her, but her focus on her opponent prevents her from reacting. A faint, barely visible form appears in front of Max, the nearly transparent image of Chloe flying gently through the air before fading out again.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

As the copy drops to her knees, the real Ramilia reappears behind the shadow and launches a flurry of Leyline charged punches and kicks.

The Fists That Killed the Heavens

A sonic boom thunders as she reaches her full speed, her limbs slicing through the air like razors. After each punch, she teleports to a different spot, never appearing in the same position twice. If the shadow doesn't know where she'll appear next, then it can't start to form some kind of defense in advance. Unpredictablity is a fighter's greatest asset, next to skill, in this instance.
    The shadow finally took on a look of surprise as Ramilia started her teleport barrage. Somehow, it could tell where the Skybreaker was when she attacked, but it had to try its hardest to dodge even though it had forewarning.

Finally, one of the blows grazed the shadow's ski mask, tearing half of it off. Ramilia was able to see a glimpse of a long scar running down the shadow's face before it stumbled back and fell to its knees, turned away from her.

"G... got me good that time."

She could feel something building up above the shadow, something that would detonate if she got too close.

The shadow finally took on a look of surprise as Ramilia started her teleport barrage. Somehow, it could tell where the Skybreaker was when she attacked, but it had to try its hardest to dodge even though it had forewarning.

Finally, one of the blows grazed the shadow's ski mask, tearing half of it off. Ramilia was able to see a glimpse of a long scar running down the shadow's face before it stumbled back and fell to its knees, turned away from her.

"G... got me good that time."

She could feel something building up above the shadow, something that would detonate if she got too close.
    Glancing warily at the shadow, she merges with the clone, and devotes as much power as she can to speed. The shadow knew where she was while she was hitting, so she's going to take away the brief fraction of a second it has to defend itself.

"Ready to give up? If not, I'm not responsible for what will happen to you."

OOC:

Speed: 84
    Leyline: 91

Glancing warily at the shadow, she merges with the clone, and devotes as much power as she can to speed. The shadow knew where she was while she was hitting, so she's going to take away the brief fraction of a second it has to defend itself.

"Ready to give up? If not, I'm not responsible for what will happen to you."

OOC:

Speed: 84
    Leyline: 91
    The shadow stood up, pulling away the remainders of its ski mask. Ramilia could see the figure's short, spiky red hair.

"Ya better ask yerself a question." It spoke in its old accent again. "Why would I let you notice an air-bomb buildin', when I can do all sorts without ya knowin' any bettah?"

Ramilia could now feel a light pressure all around her body, as if invisible ropes had wrapped around her. The bomb was a decoy.

"Ya had me good, but ya couldn'ta finished me even then."

The shadow stood up, pulling away the remainders of its ski mask. Ramilia could see the figure's short, spiky red hair.

"Ya better ask yerself a question." It spoke in its old accent again. "Why would I let you notice an air-bomb buildin', when I can do all sorts without ya knowin' any bettah?"

Ramilia could now feel a light pressure all around her body, as if invisible ropes had wrapped around her. The bomb was a decoy.

"Ya had me good, but ya couldn'ta finished me even then."
    Should've known the bomb was a decoy. No one would be that stupid.

She says nothing; this thing is doing all the talking for her. She now knows that it can control air, and tries to remember all the training she received for air elemantis.

She tries to teleport out of the air ropes' grasp and as high into the sky as she can.

Should've known the bomb was a decoy. No one would be that stupid.

She says nothing; this thing is doing all the talking for her. She now knows that it can control air, and tries to remember all the training she received for air elemantis.

She tries to teleport out of the air ropes' grasp and as high into the sky as she can.
    "Hey, ya betta be careful. I made one too many, so now they're all over tha place." The shadow laughed as she escaped from its invisible bonds.

There was only one bomb that was visible to everybody, and several only the assassin knew about.

Ramilia's options were severely limited now.

"Hey, ya betta be careful. I made one too many, so now they're all over tha place." The shadow laughed as she escaped from its invisible bonds.

There was only one bomb that was visible to everybody, and several only the assassin knew about.

Ramilia's options were severely limited now.
    She grunts in frustration. One of those bombs could kill her, undoubtedly. She doesn't want to destroy the city by spamming bolts all over the thing, but it's starting to look like she doesn't have a choice.

"Dammit, where's Mack when you need him?" she mutters as she charges up two Leyline bolts and fires them at the shadow, followed by nearly a dozen more.

Inside the building, Maxana remains sat next to Rivia. Through her Earth sense, she watches the fight between Ramilia and the shadow person. Frustration over not being able to help is building up in her chest, and she is getting fed up. Tired of this stupid person with his stupid powers interrupting their important work.

She breaks off a piece of the glass and replaces it quickly.

The fight with Rana did more than reveal just how well they all work together. During that fight, she and Casimir managed to do something that she has not done since. Obviously, Casimir is not here to do his part, but maybe she can accomplish that as well.

She wraps the strip of glass into a ball and compresses it into the size of a golf ball. She next ignited a small flame inside that ball, filling it up as much as she can.

Satisfied with her work, she focuses her ethereal power on the shadow, and the ball vanishes in a flash of gold light.

Glassblower.

"We will see if you are so cocky after I am done with you," she says with a smirk.

She grunts in frustration. One of those bombs could kill her, undoubtedly. She doesn't want to destroy the city by spamming bolts all over the thing, but it's starting to look like she doesn't have a choice.

"Dammit, where's Mack when you need him?" she mutters as she charges up two Leyline bolts and fires them at the shadow, followed by nearly a dozen more.
    The first two were dodged with ease, while the next twelve were pulled away as one of the bombs detonated.

There was a horrific sound as the vacuum diverted the blasts, allowing the shadow to jump over them.

Inside the building, Maxana remains sat next to Rivia. Through her Earth sense, she watches the fight between Ramilia and the shadow person. Frustration over not being able to help is building up in her chest, and she is getting fed up. Tired of this stupid person with his stupid powers interrupting their important work.

She breaks off a piece of the glass and replaces it quickly.

The fight with Rana did more than reveal just how well they all work together. During that fight, she and Casimir managed to do something that she has not done since. Obviously, Casimir is not here to do his part, but maybe she can accomplish that as well.

She wraps the strip of glass into a ball and compresses it into the size of a golf ball. She next ignited a small flame inside that ball, filling it up as much as she can.

Satisfied with her work, she focuses her ethereal power on the shadow, and the ball vanishes in a flash of gold light.

Glassblower.

"We will see if you are so cocky after I am done with you," she says with a smirk.
    The shadow was not stupid. It had seen the glass shards that Maxana had been using. When it felt the object appear inside of it, it knew what to do.

Compress. Vomit.

Blood and bile sprayed out of its mouth, along with a small ball of glass. The orb had been reduced to the size of a pea.

"FUCK."

The shadow wiped its mouth, finally losing its temper. It whirled around, showing her clearly what it looked like.

The assassin was a woman a few years younger than Ramilia. Though she could be described as pretty, the scar stretching from brow to lips parallel to her nose marred her features.

"I said one on one, fer fuck's sake! Ya wanna really get me mad?!"