Page 362 of 708 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The bullet struck, sending a faint mist of black smoke from Lunarius' body; unfortunately, this did nothing to stop him from gathering energy. Although gathering at a lazy pace, the navy blue energy had managed to finally form the rough shape of sphere. Shortly after, it had gathered enough to form a stable change, resulting in a color change to a almost blindingly bright sickly green hue. Those close enough would begin to feel their bodies heating up from within, almost as if the fluids within were beginning to boil.

To those who had lived their lives unable to learn of the Old World, the dangers of nuclear energy and radiation might have been nonexistent, yet perhaps instinct might have told them that what he possessed had to be stopped as soon as possible.
    Rivia threw up an entrapment barrier around this Lunarius, to buy Sloane time by keeping the attack from happening.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

The bullet struck, sending a faint mist of black smoke from Lunarius' body; unfortunately, this did nothing to stop him from gathering energy. Although gathering at a lazy pace, the navy blue energy had managed to finally form the rough shape of sphere. Shortly after, it had gathered enough to form a stable change, resulting in a color change to a almost blindingly bright sickly green hue. Those close enough would begin to feel their bodies heating up from within, almost as if the fluids within were beginning to boil.

To those who had lived their lives unable to learn of the Old World, the dangers of nuclear energy and radiation might have been nonexistent, yet perhaps instinct might have told them that what he possessed had to be stopped as soon as possible.
    Ah, the guy was all misty. He probably wasn't going to be of much use here.

And that green thing looked dangerous.

Screw it.

WBX!

And explosion of dust rocked the room.

And provided a nice cloud of dust to give the others time to regroup. Hopefully.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Bang!

The loud sound echoed across the room as Robert launched a dust bullet towards the man.

"Yeah so, sorry but I kind of want to butt in now," he said.

"Sorry Sloane. You probably had something planned and all, but I can't just stand and watch," Robert said, scratching the back of his head with a guilty look on his face.

"Anyway, cheers!" He said, raising his bottle in Lunarius direction.
    The sound of Robert's attack finally draws Maxana to the location of the fight, after several minutes of aimless wandering and searching. "Finally, I found you lot."

She looks over and sees a strange man standing in the middle of the hall, a unnerving green energy ball forming above him. "Who the hell is this?"

Through the clouds of dust came streams of green light from Lunarius' sphere, persistent to overwhelm them all with its radiance. Growing in length and width, it finally made contact with Rivia's barrier and while the entrapment held, it was quickly becoming distorted. The hallway began to tremble, cracks forming across the floors, walls, and ceilings before it all ceased with a casual swipe from the Sword of Sorrows. Like fragile glass, Rivia's barrier shattered and like a puff of smoke, Robert's dust screen cleared away, leaving only the spirit with his sphere of destruction. Stabbing his weapon once more into the floor, Lunarius greeted those assembled with a smile.

"Looks like we're all getting restless. Well then, shall we lower the curtains on this affair?"
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Through the clouds of dust came streams of green light from Lunarius' sphere, persistent to overwhelm them all with its radiance. Growing in length and width, it finally made contact with Rivia's barrier and while the entrapment held, it was quickly becoming distorted. The hallway began to tremble, cracks forming across the floors, walls, and ceilings before it all ceased with a casual swipe from the Sword of Sorrows. Like fragile glass, Rivia's barrier shattered and like a puff of smoke, Robert's dust screen cleared away, leaving only the spirit with his sphere of destruction. Stabbing his weapon once more into the floor, Lunarius greeted those assembled with a smile.

"Looks like we're all getting restless. Well then, shall we lower the curtains on this affair?"
    Skye quickdraws STABBY and the green light is absorbed into the blade. "Who's your friend?" She asks the gathered students.

"And here I thought were just starting at the climax," Robert quipped.

Still, this wasn't the time for it. There were questions. Several question in his head. Like who the hell was this guy?

Not the time though. Not important. He had thought it before. Great personal truths and all that. Maybe this was it.

Saving people was way more important than understanding them.

Scarves extended from his hands and wrapped around each other forming a dome around Lunarious.

Now squeeze.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Obviously what Lunarius was planning to do was kill everyone. There were a few problems with that. Casimir allowed Tenebrous to take the energy he needed and called out to Rivia telepathically.

'Can I teleport inside your barrier?'
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Sloane pulled himself to his feet, coughing and groaning with the exertion. That last part fucking hurt, and he wasn't about to carry on another extended fight.

There was about a few minutes left for him before he gassed out, and he didn't believe that he'd be able to land a good strike on Lunarius without some help.

Rubbing his damaged chin with the back of his hand, he considered his options. Looks like he'd have to be support rather than lead, just like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Obviously what Lunarius was planning to do was kill everyone. There were a few problems with that. Casimir allowed Tenebrous to take the energy he needed and called out to Rivia telepathically.

'Can I teleport inside your barrier?'
    "I can create another barrier that will only let you in, nothing else out. But he destroyed my first one easily." Rivia replied.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Another tremor rocked the hallway, jarring loose pieces of wall and ceiling before the outer wall fell over much more easily than it should have. To those who took a moment to look outside, they would find the familiar red soil of Mars in place of Eden's horizon. Parts of the floor jutted upward before breaking up the strain, releasing the trees that had instantly grown beneath and proceeded to break through the ceiling into the sky, followed by flowers sprouting and blooming across the broken remains of the ceiling and floor.

Within the scarf-made barrier that had sealed him from the outside, the spirit could only smile to himself. "Looks like we're too late."

Another light began to seep out from Robert's barrier, but it was impossible to tell what the source was with it up.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”

Another tremor rocked the hallway, jarring loose pieces of wall and ceiling before the outer wall fell over much more easily than it should have. To those who took a moment to look outside, they would find the familiar red soil of Mars in place of Eden's horizon. Parts of the floor jutted upward before breaking up the strain, releasing the trees that had instantly grown beneath and proceeded to break through the ceiling into the sky, followed by flowers sprouting and blooming across the broken remains of the ceiling and floor.

Within the scarf-made barrier that had sealed him from the outside, the spirit could only smile to himself. "Looks like we're too late."

Another light began to seep out from Robert's barrier, but it was impossible to tell what the source was with it up.
    Sloane just looked at the dome with interest.

Did Rosemary take Lunarius by surprise?

He didn't know, but the flowers and the messed up Mars landscape were kind of freaking him out. Just how powerful was this new disturbance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I can create another barrier that will only let you in, nothing else out. But he destroyed my first one easily." Rivia replied.
    'Make it as strong as you can. I don't need it to contain Lunarius.. Just an attack from my sword.'

He looked over at Sloane then, who'd managed to pick himself up off the floor. Misguided idiot... But he always tried to do the right thing. Couldn't fault him that.

"Not bad. The tackle could use some work." He commented with a touch of humor.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Skye focuses on the sword. With a wave of her hand, a box of cold iron forms around it, isolating it from El Espíritu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    'Make it as strong as you can. I don't need it to contain Lunarius.. Just an attack from my sword.'

He looked over at Sloane then, who'd managed to pick himself up off the floor. Misguided idiot... But he always tried to do the right thing. Couldn't fault him that.

"Not bad. The tackle could use some work." He commented with a touch of humor.
    "Supposed to be a feint..." Sloane forced out, blood dripping from his mouth.

He wiped it away, the pain making his sour mood even worse. Not only had he failed to do anything of note to Lunarius, but he had been humiliated by the bastard.

To top it off, he couldn't even get a moment of happiness without it being stepped on like it was worthless.

If Lunarius had been going for fury rather than despair, he would've succeeded greatly.

BGM: Iuchi Maiko "Yasashii Ketsumatsu"

Skye would find that her iron box would wrap around nothing more than air as the Sword of Sorrow pierced through the barrier of scarves, and with it came the streams of green and white lights that had filled its interior. Little by the little, the dome fell, revealing Lunarius once more although the spirit seemed to have a bit of trouble now. This could be traced to the hand that had ruptured from his chest and was the source of the white light that spilled forth.

Using his weapon to brace himself, he gave a small chuckle. "I was hoping to show you an tragic epilogue, but it seems I've read my last lines." Four more hands, comprised of each element, broke forth from his torso and pulled at the initial one, no doubt seeking to enlarge the first injury, sending cracks throughout his physical form. The first hand took hold of the sword's hilt and with a twist, shattered the Sword of Sorrows and with it, Lunarius. With the black mist that had once brought Lunarius into this world vanishing, all that was left was Rosemary and the broken half of the Sword of Sorrows, which had now lost its pitch black hue.

----------
    [Lost Artifact:
    -False Sword of Sorrows

Lost Abilities:
    -The Sword of Sorrows: "Madidus Point", ""Firmus Edge", and "Nidor Pommel"

Gained Abilities:
    -Apocryphal Matter: "Solidify", "Vaporate", and "Condensate"
    -Fictional Reality

Gained Artifact:
    -Sword of Absolution]
    Quote of the Month