Page 354 of 708 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 10619

"Mr. Raveneye, just how much time do you estimate we have until we are fully ready? I have a bit of training left to complete and I want to be fully prepared before we begin all of this?"
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "I'm not worried about myself." Casimir replied.

"With no time to rest, or recover, you'll be 'mobbing' Volkov tired and possibly injured. Unless you tax one of the others with fixing everyone."

"You give him warning that we're coming, and it won't just be Volkov and his body guards we have to wade through."
    "You go as a small unit and you'll be an easy fight for the forces he does have with him. I don't think many of us have high resistance to telepathy, or whatever Volkov has going for him. Are you," she counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Mack shrugged. "I dunno. Seems ta me he'll know what's up if we do it that way. Might be better ta hit 'im at the same time as the others. Catch 'im unawares an' stick the knife in the back o' his neck, y'know?"

Mack leaned back against a shelf. "'Sides, I don't think we're all gonna be needed fer one guy, even if he is some crazy with super-psycho powers. I mean, a few o' you guys had all that trainin' with the Governor o' Mars an' did okay, right? So we send those guys ta take out Volkov. He can't be that much more powerful'n' Matt, an' even if he is, you guys all got a lot stronger since then too, yeah?"
    Casimir looked at Mack. He'd both understood what he was trying to get across, and had given them a plan of attack.

"Thank you, Mack."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "You go as a small unit and you'll be an easy fight for the forces he does have with him. I don't think many of us have high resistance to telepathy, or whatever Volkov has going for him. Are you," she counters.
    "Four of us trained in resisting telepathic assault with a high level telepath on Mars." He paused. "I'm also sure several of us still have the bracelets we were given to help protect us from the same."

He paused. "I do."

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"With no time to rest, or recover, you'll be 'mobbing' Volkov tired and possibly injured. Unless you tax one of the others with fixing everyone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Mack shrugged. "I dunno. Seems ta me he'll know what's up if we do it that way. Might be better ta hit 'im at the same time as the others. Catch 'im unawares an' stick the knife in the back o' his neck, y'know?"

Mack leaned back against a shelf. "'Sides, I don't think we're all gonna be needed fer one guy, even if he is some crazy with super-psycho powers. I mean, a few o' you guys had all that trainin' with the Governor o' Mars an' did okay, right? So we send those guys ta take out Volkov. He can't be that much more powerful'n' Matt, an' even if he is, you guys all got a lot stronger since then too, yeah?"
    "Fine, whatever. Just take him down, then. If you're still fighting him by the time we're done, hold out until we get there."

"Four of us trained in resisting telepathic assault with a high level telepath on Mars." He paused. "I'm also sure several of us still have the bracelets we were given to help protect us from the same."

He paused. "I do."
    "Oh," is all she said. She had forgotten about the training, and the bracelets that psychic guy had given them to block telepathy. She hopes they're strong enough to work against Bale. They'll need it.

She walks out of the room without another word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Fine, whatever. Just take him down, then. If you're still fighting him by the time we're done, hold out until we get there."
    "Oh," is all she said. She had forgotten about their training, and the bracelets that psychic guy had given them to block telepathy. She hopes they're strong enough to work against Bale. They'll need it.

She walks out of the room without another word.
    Strange. Sloane had just conceded the point, and Ramilla's been off since the barge. Probably the jitters for the former... But Ramilla..

"She needs a drink." With that Casimir turned into the kitchen.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Strange. Sloane had just conceded the point, and Ramilla's been off since the barge. Probably the jitters for the former... But Ramilla..

"Wait up. I refuse to die without a good last meal." Sloane followed him.

If it ain't gonna be solid, might as well have some fine booze.

He would find, not Ramilia, but Maxana in the kitchen, standing on her tiptoes to find a few ice cubes that will not instantly melt in her hand. "Come on...you frozen buggers..."

On the island behind her, there is a bottle of twelve year old rum, and three glass next to it. He would also find that she has switched out of her suit, and is instead wearing a blue sweater dress with a black belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Wait up. I refuse to die without a good last meal." Sloane followed him.

If it ain't gonna be solid, might as well have some fine booze.
    "You mean drink."

He would find, not Ramilia, but Maxana in the kitchen, standing on her tiptoes to find a few ice cubes that will not instantly melt in her hand. "Come on...you frozen buggers..."

On the island behind her, there is a bottle of twelve year old rum, and three glass next to it. He would also find that she has switched out of her suit, and is instead wearing a blue sweater dress with a black belt.
    "Need help with the ice, love?" Casimir asked as he eyed his fiance's form. The sweater dress was one of the nicer things he'd seen her wear, after all.

"Need help with the ice, love?" Casimir asked as he eyed his fiance's form. The sweater dress was one of the nicer things he'd seen her wear, after all.
    "Ah ha! Got you, you little - Oh hi luv, Sloane. No, I finally got a few. Care to join me for drinks." She smiles as she feels him look her over. She knew he would like this dress, which is why she bought it.

A few moment later, Ramilia stalks into the room and immediately begins rummaging in the refrigerator.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Casimir looked at Mack. He'd both understood what he was trying to get across, and had given them a plan of attack.

"Thank you, Mack."
    Mack nodded acknowledgement and watched as Casimir, Sloane, and Max left the room.

"As fer myself, I'll go deal with the media center," he volunteered to Raveneye.

They said the winners wrote the history books, but in this case Mack thought it would be more likely that those who wrote the history books would be the ones who ended up winning. The media center would be an essential chokepoint for information flow during the coup - and Mack was resolved to be the one in control of that flow at such an essential time.

"Ah ha! Got you, you little - Oh hi luv, Sloane. No, I finally got a few. Care to join me for drinks." She smiles as she feels him look her over. She knew he would like this dress, which is why she bought it.

A few moment later, Ramilia stalks into the room and immediately begins rummaging in the refrigerator.
    He nods. "Yeah, I could go for one." Then when Ramilla barges into the room he chuckles and grabs another glass, and calls out at her over his shoulder. "Ramilla. Come drink with us."

He nods. "Yeah, I could go for one." Then when Ramilla barges into the room he chuckles and grabs another glass, and calls out at her over his shoulder. "Ramilla. Come drink with us."
    Maxana smiles happily and slides the bottle over to him after pouting herself a glass.

Ramilia peers at him out of the corner of her eye before silently walking over to take the glass. She deliberately avoids making eye contact with Sloane. Mostly for his sake, and a little for her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The archway vanished once Raveneye, Hilda, and Durand, the last of the group, passed through. The archway took everyone to a nice looking study, with a high vaulted ceiling and comfortable looking chairs about the place.

Once there, however, the study no longer looked like a normal one. Brass and chrome tech pieces lay about the place, and antique looking works were scttered everywhere. A large, golden metallic desk say nearby, and Xaric went overt o it and began typing at a computer terminal, scanning the information it displayed.

"I'm sending out a coded message to all the members of our resistance. It will take a few hours before I'll get a safe response back from all of them. We can't make our next step until they confirm in. Why don't you all at least get some food while we wait? The door to the left there leads into a kitchen area where there should be something to eat."

He looks at another display and nods.

"We'll also need to see who's going after Baad Industries, who's hitting the media station, his armory/barracks, and who will be assualting Volkov directly."
    After looking around, Rivia found a comfortable seat and sat down. From a deep pocket in her jacket she pulled out the ancient journal and began reading it again, intently.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe