Page 345 of 708 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I am not sure. But it is good to assume he is and he pleasantly surprised if he is not." She remembers the bracelet Matthew gave her to block out telepathy. "I still have that bracelet. Maybe someone could amplify it to make sure it blocks out Ether Lords."
    "You should show the bracelet to one of the guys, Boss, Elewa or even Cas. Maybe they can do something with it."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You should show the bracelet to one of the guys, Boss, Elewa or even Cas. Maybe they can do something with it."
    "I will do that. But even then, we will not know if it worked until he fight him. Oh well, guess it would not hurt."

"I will do that. But even then, we will not know if it worked until he fight him. Oh well, guess it would not hurt."
    "Kind of scary to think someone has the kind of power that can help them track you down anywhere. I mean. how do we even know that Volkov doesn't know we're here?" Rivia looked worried.

"Kind of scary to think someone has the kind of power that can help them track you down anywhere. I mean. how do we even know that Volkov doesn't know we're here?" Rivia looked worried.
    She frowns. "I assume he wouldn't feel the need to feel around for us, since his trusted right hand woman did us herself." She smirks. "I cannot wait to see the look on her stupid face."

She frowns. "I assume he wouldn't feel the need to feel around for us, since his trusted right hand woman did us herself." She smirks. "I cannot wait to see the look on her stupid face."
    "Yeah, I can't wait to shove her stupid face into the earth, with extreme prejudice." Smirking as well.

"Yeah, I can't wait to shove her stupid face into the earth, with extreme prejudice." Smirking as well.
    "Maybe I will step on her glasses so she will not be able to see," she says with a chuckle.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    He tackled the easiest problem first; mending Ramilla's suit.

The sleeve on the arm that had been bitten into had been shredded, which proved just how important it was for him to fix and possibly improve the suit. It didn't take long to mend all the tears, and when he was done he set it aside, pulling up the heavy suit he'd made for her. After a seconds hesitation he did what needed to be done. Dismantling it quickly, he set aside various components for use both in the repair of hers, and the overhaul he needed on his.

That done he began re-fitting and upgrading the plating on the suit, adding light armor plating to the thighs, forearms, and shins to increase durability without limiting movement. He then added heavier plating to her chest, spine, feet and knuckles, the former to increase durability enough to withstand more than a glancing blow, and the latter to increase the force of her strikes.

He finally testes to make sure everything was up and running, and after being satisfied with the results finalized the job and linked the suit with the scanner.

Setting it aside, he turned and began the difficult task of repairing his own suit, which happened to be nothing more than legs, bits of torso and a ruined helmet...

He set to work with focused determination.
    By the time he'd finished with his own suit, almost two hours had passed.

He ran some last minute checks on the suit before slapping his scanner back on, and looked up.

For the past hour and a half he'd been stewing on an idea he had for testing his new body's power. It was definitely tempting, matter of fact... He started building up a charge.

That done, he teleported inside the barge and drew the shadows towards him, blanketing himself in the dark. Several seconds later there was a muted flash of gold as he teleported back out.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"Maybe I will step on her glasses so she will not be able to see," she says with a chuckle.
    "Maybe I'll rip her eyes out so she can never see anything ever again. You can have the tongue and the ears of you want." Rivia's eyes flashed with hidden anger.

"Maybe I'll rip her eyes out so she can never see anything ever again. You can have the tongue and the ears of you want." Rivia's eyes flashed with hidden anger.
    "As long as I get to cut her head off, I will be fine." An uncharacteristically savage grin spreads across her face as she says this.

"As long as I get to cut her head off, I will be fine." An uncharacteristically savage grin spreads across her face as she says this.
    "Knock yourself out." Rivia smirked, then sighed, "Why do I feel it won't be that easy?"

"Knock yourself out." Rivia smirked, then sighed, "Why do I feel it won't be that easy?"
    "Because it never is. But it sure feels good to think ahout it, though," she replies, matching her smirk.

"Because it never is. But it sure feels good to think ahout it, though," she replies, matching her smirk.
    Rivia smirked as well, then looked at her, "So, if you don't mind me asking, what's up with these ancestors of yours?"

Rivia smirked as well, then looked at her, "So, if you don't mind me asking, what's up with these ancestors of yours?"
    The smirk fades, and is replaced by a thoughtful frown. "What do you mean?"

The smirk fades, and is replaced by a thoughtful frown. "What do you mean?"
    Hesitating for a moment, debating if she should just drop this or move forward, finally speaking cautiously, "When you were unconscious, when I went in to try and wake you up..."

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Iriesia, having found herself a suitably isolated- and truth be told, rather peaceful and very quiet- place to focus her power, cleared a small space for herself and sat there, her seated form suggestive of the intent to enter a state of deep concentration. She took a few deep breaths, taking in her surroundings as she contemplated what to do with the heat, light, and water that she would need to release before allowing herself to leave the Dance1.

Dealing with both the heat and light would be easy. If things worked in reality as they did within her own head, she should be able to take them both into herself to restore lost energy or create energy reserves; however, even if things didn't work as conveniently as she was lead to believe, she at least knew that she could safely release the excess. As for the excess water...

Well, this is a farm, she thought, as she slowly called the banished water to her; a little extra water couldn't hurt- and even if it did, there wasn't enough of it (if sufficiently spread out) to cause too much harm. When all the water she believed she needed to deal with was summoned, she began sending it as far away as she could. The result was something like the world's shortest rainshower, occuring a couple of kilometers in every direction with her as the center.

The "more difficult" task now done, she turned her attention to the other excesses...

OT: Time skip, because I have no heart to post anything for what happens next other than something I'm not allowed to post2.

Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Durability, Speed, Stamina, and Strength

Those were the eight paths available to her that the others shared, therefore those were the eight ways she could distribute her own power.

For now, she would distribute her power into two of each type; of these, the two of Air and the two of Earth she would have give to another to test, as she currently had no means of doing so herself.

As for the raid, Durability and Speed seemed to be the most useful; the former would make fighting their way in and out of the likely heavily fortified lair easier, if the latter failed to make fighting at all unnecessary.

Now that she was mostly settled from taking into herself all of the heat and light that she had to release at the end of the Dance, she could focus enough to begin the Song3- and from there, the transfer of power could commence.

OT: And I'll describe the Song next time she does it, because I'm feeling lazy and someone's waiting on me to post something.

1. The Dance of Fiere and Raine
    2. Let's just say that what is essentially photosynthesis and thermosynthesis is a very interesting experience for Irie and leave it at that.
    3. The Song of Sea Fire
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras