Page 334 of 708 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ramilia acknowledges him with a nod. "Rivia's trying to contact Max telepathically. I'm not sure what's wrong with her."
    Casimir nodded. No point losing his temper or freaking out. "Might be best to move back, Ramilla. Give her some air." He figured adding what he knew about the last time might make the her and the idiot behind him panic. So he left it at that.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir nodded. No point losing his temper or freaking out. "Might be best to move back, Ramilla. Give her some air." He figured adding what he knew about the last time might make the her and the idiot behind him panic. So he left it at that.
    She gives him a look, as if she wants to refute. But after taking a moment to think, she nods and moves down a few seats.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Ramilia acknowledges him with a nod. "Rivia's trying to contact Max telepathically. I'm not sure what's wrong with her."
    "We'll just have to monitor whatever happens, I guess." Sloane said wryly.

He took a seat nearby, resting his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands.

"Maybe there'll be a breakthrough soon."

She gives him a look, as if she wants to refute. But after taking a moment to think, she nods and moves down a few seats.
    "Thank you." He called out softly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "We'll just have to monitor whatever happens, I guess." Sloane said wryly.

He took a seat nearby, resting his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands.

"Maybe there'll be a breakthrough soon."
    "Or," Casimir started calmly. "You could just let Rivia work." And shut up while you're at it.

"Thank you." He called out softly.

"Or," Casimir started calmly. "You could just let Rivia work." And shut up while you're at it.
    Sloane just looked down.

"Same as before." He concluded.

'Call it a power upgrade or a rite of passage. That is all you need to know. As for how you can help, you can help her by allowing me to do what I and my descendants need to do to her unhindered.'
    "Arrogance, that's all I hear from you. Let me speak to Maxana. If this is being done of her own free will, I will respect it. If you are forcing this on her against her will, I will not be so civil. Stand aside and let me talk to her." Rivia spoke firmly.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "Success, however, is contingent on whether we're capable of handling the difficulty; you wouldn't want to go there blind and screw things up, would you?"

While she would have liked to have someone good with electronics- or someone who could teleport- she wasn't going to try to convince anyone to come along; anyone that needed persuasion to help them out really wasn't cut out to be part of the rescue crew in her opinion.

"Honestly, it's probably only going to be the three of us, unless someone else suitable volunteers."
    Casimir sighed softly. He figured as much. "I don't mean to come off as rude.." he sighed again. "But you really aren't set up for anything more than just a raid."

He mulled over what he was going to say next, he didn't want them to go and attempt this by themselves, after all. "I will go. I have at least some skills that will be of use.. I also have one I would like to field test. Provided you're okay with my joining up."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Arrogance, that's all I hear from you. Let me speak to Maxana. If this is being done of her own free will, I will respect it. If you are forcing this on her against her will, I will not be so civil. Stand aside and let me talk to her." Rivia spoke firmly.
    'Typical. Very well.... Actually, I will do you one better. Give me a moment.'

Though her physical body was focused in concentration, an eyebrow twitched up slightly, a reflection of what was going in inthe mental landscape.

Maxana's eyes open to find herself not on the barge, or anywhere. Darkness surrounds her.

Not the darkness that accompanies a dreamless sleep, but an eerily unnatural one. She breathes in. The air is heavy and musty, like from before with Mälvaös. This must be another visit from her ghost family.

A frown appears over her expression. Just what she needs, some long dead relative butting in to give her strength.

Maybe, it will not be so bad next time. After all, Mälvaös was quite nice, underneath his rather rough exterior.

Her eyes focus on one particulate area. What appears to be a shrouded figure comes into view. "You are not ready for my gift, girl." And just like that, any thoughts of this being the same experience as the first are shot out of the window.

The voice reverberates throughout the dark void, as if multiple people are speaking at once around her. It sound ancient, not so much evil as it does unnerving. It sends chills down her spine. She tries to speak, but the words will not come out.

The figure stretches his hand out and touches her forehead. It's touch feels solid, yet ghostly, if that makes sense. "It's time for you to wake up. We'll be in touch soon..."

Its hand glows, and her mind suddenly shunts back into consciousness. Her eyes open and she rises abruptly, gasping for air.

Maxana's eyes open to find herself not on the barge, or anywhere. Darkness surrounds her.

Not the darkness that accompanies a dreamless sleep, but an eerily unnatural one. She breathes in. The air is heavy and musty, like from before with Mälvaös. This must be another visit from her ghost family.

A frown appears over her expression. Just what she needs, some long dead relative butting in to give her strength.

Maybe, it will not be so bad next time. After all, Mälvaös was quite nice, underneath his rather rough exterior.

Her eyes focus on one particulate area. What appears to be a shrouded figure comes into view. "You are not ready for my gift, girl." And just like that, any thoughts of this being the same experience as the first are shot out of the window.

The voice reverberates throughout the dark void, as if multiple people are speaking at once around her. It sound ancient, not so much evil as it does unnerving. It sends chills down her spine. She tries to speak, but the words will not come out.

The figure stretches his hand out and touches her forehead. It's touch feels solid, yet ghostly, if that makes sense. "It's time for you to wake up. We'll be in touch soon..."

Its hand glows, and her mind suddenly shunts back into consciousness. Her eyes open and she rises abruptly, gasping for air.
    One second Casimir was standing several feet away, the next he was on one knee beside her. "Max..?"

"Max! Are you alright?" Sloane quickly knelt over at her side.

What the fuck did she see?

Riva finds herself thrown backward, the connection forcefully severed. Her head and body move like a weak branch in a strong wind, her hands fall back to her sides for support as she opens her eyes.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Casimir sighed softly. He figured as much. "I don't mean to come off as rude.." he sighed again. "But you really aren't set up for anything more than just a raid."

He mulled over what he was going to say next, he didn't want them to go and attempt this by themselves, after all. "I will go. I have at least some skills that will be of use.. I also have one I would like to field test. Provided you're okay with my joining up."
    "I'm afraid you're going to have to convince him to let you go," she said, pointing at Takeshi. "Though honestly, they could probably use you here more than we could use you there."
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

One second Casimir was standing several feet away, the next he was on one knee beside her. "Max..?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Max! Are you alright?" Sloane quickly knelt over at her side.

What the fuck did she see?
    "Where am I," she asks in an absent-minded tone.

As her vision begins to clear, she can make out a few figures, these in full color, not shrouded like the voice.

She rubs her eyes and everything becomes clear. Ramilia, Casimir, Sloane and Rivia are either kneeling or sitting near her on the barge.

And she remembers what happened.

She was riding on the barge next to Ramilia, when she suddenly felt extremely ill, like on Jacob's platform. It was not long before she passed out in Ramilia's lap. After that, she cannot remember anything before waking up in the void and hearing that frightening voice.

She looks over at Ramilia, who has a tense look on her face.

The edge in Sloane's voice is expected, but understood, as well as the concern in Casimir's.

"I am fine, everyone," is all she can say after finally catching her breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Riva finds herself thrown backward, the connection forcefully severed. Her head and body move like a weak branch in a strong wind, her hands fall back to her sides for support as she opens her eyes.
    She frowns as Rivia lifts herself up. She was not expecting to find her here. "You lot...should not help me with this. This is something I have to do."