Page 328 of 708 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    While it was still similar to the mind of a human, what she found in Casimir's mind was foreign. Whispers of old dark magic, and ancient knowledge hidden in the recesses.

The boundary wasn't hard to find, as it was almost non-existent. Without the need to ssleep and his physiological transformation, what 'human' parts of himself were slowly being re-purposed.

She'd find what was left of Cas' human consciousness, and what amounted to his soul, here.
    Opening up her Sight, she could see the delicate intertwining of the Non-Human aspect with what was left of the Human Soul. Combining Soul Fire with her Laser Light, Rivia began to carefully, surgically, separate the Alien God Corruption from the Human Soul. Once separate, she erects a barrier between the two and speaks to Cas, "I can now seal away the God-Soul, but it may weaken you. Are you prepared for this?"
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Opening up her Sight, she could see the delicate intertwining of the Non-Human aspect with what was left of the Human Soul. Combining Soul Fire with her Laser Light, Rivia began to carefully, surgically, separate the Alien God Corruption from the Human Soul. Once separate, she erects a barrier between the two and speaks to Cas, "I can now seal away the God-Soul, but it may weaken you. Are you prepared for this?"
    "The god in me has no soul, it doesn't need one." Casimir replied softly. "This is all that's left of the old me, Rivia... What you're about to do will do more than weaken me."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"The god in me has no soul, it doesn't need one." Casimir replied softly. "This is all that's left of the old me, Rivia... What you're about to do will do more than weaken me."
    A smile crossed her face, "Did you know that the soul can heal if given enough time? And some help." Rivia's appearance transforms into one much like those angels Casimir often thinks of when he thinks of her. Emanating from her form is an aura of Soul Fire, derived from her own soul. Bound within it is Transference, and a shared helping of Hope and Courage. This soul flame, now a healing force of life and magic, 'attacks' Casimir, infusing his own soul and building it up, lending him a part of her own soul. As his soul becomes stronger, so does his psychic self.

As she does this, Rivia's Barrier transforms into a magic circle of magical ad psychic energy surrounding the God-Essence. Within that circle she casts Soul Binding, a force to bind not just souls but essences. This binding will hold so long as Cas stays strong against it. His will, his soul now infused with Rivia's, will power the binding and hold the circle.

A smile crossed her face, "Did you know that the soul can heal if given enough time? And some help." Rivia's appearance transforms into one much like those angels Casimir often thinks of when he thinks of her. Emanating from her form is an aura of Soul Fire, derived from her own soul. Bound within it is Transference, and a shared helping of Hope and Courage. This soul flame, now a healing force of life and magic, 'attacks' Casimir, infusing his own soul and building it up, lending him a part of her own soul. As his soul becomes stronger, so does his psychic self.

As she does this, Rivia's Barrier transforms into a magic circle of magical ad psychic energy surrounding the God-Essence. Within that circle she casts Soul Binding, a force to bind not just souls but essences. This binding will hold so long as Cas stays strong against it. His will, his soul now infused with Rivia's, will power the binding and hold the circle.
    Casimir kept himself from screaming out, not in pain, but in anger at what Rivia was doing to him. She'd failed to understand the meaning of his words, the fact that his body, his mind, was no longer the same as the one before. It was then, he noticed the change, subtle and gentle, as Rivia did something completely unexpected. She gave him more than just courage and hope, but a piece of herself, her soul... Which while calming, and reassuring came with its own set of problems.

What she did however, allowed him to reassert what control he could manage over his altered being. It felt foreign, and cold, but brimming with more power than he'd considered himself capable, with the recesses of his mind whispering secrets of dark and ancient magic... One of which was accepted. A shiver echoed across both his, and Rivia's mind, as the secret was gleaned, but that was all.

After the merging was over, he looked at her and said softly, "... you shouldn't have done that for me. You don't know what might happen."

Casimir kept himself from screaming out, not in pain, but in anger at what Rivia was doing to him. She'd failed to understand the meaning of his words, the fact that his body, his mind, was no longer the same as the one before. It was then, he noticed the change, subtle and gentle, as Rivia did something completely unexpected. She gave him more than just courage and hope, but a piece of herself, her soul... Which while calming, and reassuring came with its own set of problems.

What she did however, allowed him to reassert what control he could manage over his altered being. It felt foreign, and cold, but brimming with more power than he'd considered himself capable, with the recesses of his mind whispering secrets of dark and ancient magic... One of which was accepted. A shiver echoed across both his, and Rivia's mind, as the secret was gleaned, but that was all.

After the merging was over, he looked at her and said softly, "... you shouldn't have done that for me. You don't know what might happen."
    Rivia smiled, "Knowing what might happen is one of my talents. I know the risks, but to save you I will accept them. Now it is up to you. Use what I gave you to shape your life as you see fit, but never lose yourself in the process. Stay strong, be strong, never give up, never give in."

Rivia smiled, "Knowing what might happen is one of my talents. I know the risks, but to save you I will accept them. Now it is up to you. Use what I gave you to shape your life as you see fit, but never lose yourself in the process. Stay strong, be strong, never give up, never give in."
    He could tell arguing with her wouldn't work, based on what she'd done and the reason she'd given for it, so he nodded weakly, and sighed. "Will you be able to take what you gave me back?"

He could tell arguing with her wouldn't work, based on what she'd done and the reason she'd given for it, so he nodded weakly, and sighed. "Will you be able to take what you gave me back?"
    "What I gave you connects us, but does me no direct harm. Whenever I use my powers, a little bit of my soul goes into it. In time it regrows like a tree that has lost a limb but is still standing tall. Yours will regrow as well, but you need to make it grow. Feed it with love, and hope, and happiness. Rest when you can, and keep a strong will and a strong resolve. Once you are strong enough to manage on your own, the connection will fade and you will be as you need to be." Rivia suddenly looked tired, "We must break contact, I need to rest. If you need me again, just call."

Rivia then faded from his mindscape and awoke back to where she and Cas were standing. The time was a mere 5 minutes from when they started, though it seemed longer. Her Fairies broke the circle and gathered around her, helping her down to the ground to rest. Once she was seated, they disappeared, allowing her a chance to rest her powers.

"What I gave you connects us, but does me no direct harm. Whenever I use my powers, a little bit of my soul goes into it. In time it regrows like a tree that has lost a limb but is still standing tall. Yours will regrow as well, but you need to make it grow. Feed it with love, and hope, and happiness. Rest when you can, and keep a strong will and a strong resolve. Once you are strong enough to manage on your own, the connection will fade and you will be as you need to be." Rivia suddenly looked tired, "We must break contact, I need to rest. If you need me again, just call."

Rivia then faded from his mindscape and awoke back to where she and Cas were standing. The time was a mere 5 minutes from when they started, though it seemed longer. Her Fairies broke the circle and gathered around her, helping her down to the ground to rest. Once she was seated, they disappeared, allowing her a chance to rest her powers.
    "... As long as it doesn't bring any harm on you." He replied softly before she broke contact.

Casimir looked down at Rivia, both with thoughts of gratitude, and sadness. He really had no way to repay her for all she'd done for him. Hopefully he would at least be able to do what she'd asked him to..

Noticing that they hadn't moved, and most likely wouldn't for some time, he then sat down beside her. He was silent, content to watch the wind move through the fields of grain, then asked, "so... what did Xaric say about your family?"

"... As long as it doesn't bring any harm on you." He replied softly before she broke contact.

Casimir looked down at Rivia, both with thoughts of gratitude, and sadness. He really had no way to repay her for all she'd done for him. Hopefully he would at least be able to do what she'd asked him to..

Noticing that they hadn't moved, and most likely wouldn't for some time, he then sat down beside her. He was silent, content to watch the wind move through the fields of grain, then asked, "so... what did Xaric say about your family?"
    Back to her old self, for now, Riva gave him a sad smile, "Chloe tried to ask him for me, but he ignored her. My experiment has it's first major weakness, and Chloe is very miffed, poor thing. I'll have to speak to him myself directly. If I'm right, my parents are holed up at my Uncle's horse farm. Unless even that wasn't safe enough for them."

Turning to him, "What about you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "Nope. It's a private , part of a larger set, I had quietly installed throughout Eden. It's a portal device that allows me to travel Eden without the likes of Volkov knowing."
    And that was useful. Eve more if he could figure out how to use one of them without permission.

"The dossiers he gave me were fairly straightforward. Names, family, some basic info on your powers and your history. Nothing personal. Oh, and good news. I have it on good authority that your friend, Ms. Baad, is still alive."
    "She got taken when Arcadia was assualted. Carmen grabbed her as part of the alliance Baad Industries has with Volkov and his group. Last I heard, she was being held prisoner at the main Baad Industries building. Apparently, her 'father' has plans for her."
    And that was important. Really, important. Vi was a friend. He had promised to her.

If she was alive, then Volkov just took a drop in the priority list.

Back to her old self, for now, Riva gave him a sad smile, "Chloe tried to ask him for me, but he ignored her. My experiment has it's first major weakness, and Chloe is very miffed, poor thing. I'll have to speak to him myself directly. If I'm right, my parents are holed up at my Uncle's horse farm. Unless even that wasn't safe enough for them."

Turning to him, "What about you?"
    "Well.. maybe Chloe startled him. It's not like she's something he's ever seen before." Casimir replied, glad that for the moment at least, she was back to her normal self. What she had to say about her family was good as well, assuming Xaric confirmed they were safe.

When she asked about his however, he frowned. "No family to speak of..."

"Well.. maybe Chloe startled him. It's not like she's something he's ever seen before." Casimir replied, glad that for the moment at least, she was back to her normal self. What she had to say about her family was good as well, assuming Xaric confirmed they were safe.

When she asked about his however, he frowned. "No family to speak of..."
    "Did you know that Fairies are all around us but we normally can't see them? They wish to be seen, but few have the Sight needed to perceive them. Chloe and the others are happy that I was able to give them physical forms, but they are still learning the ways of humans. One day I hope to find a way to let more people see and interact with them."

Rivia paused when Cas spoke of nit having a family, then smiled, "That's not as bad as it seems. You are now the one to begin a whole new lineage, your descendants will one day speak fondly 8f you."

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

All she could do, as she heard Rai reply, was shake her head.

Doesn't he know I'm always careful?

She began the walk back, a smile on her face.

Well, except when I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "How close can your archway system get me?"
    "How close can it get you to what?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "How close can your archway system get me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    All she could do, as she heard Rai reply, was shake her head.

Doesn't he know I'm always careful?

She began the walk back, a smile on her face.

Well, except when I'm not.

"How close can it get you to what?"
    "The Baad HQ. Takeshi's thinking that he can rescue Vivian by himself." Sloane explained. "You gonna let him go alone, Irie?"

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "The Baad HQ. Takeshi's thinking that he can rescue Vivian by himself." Sloane explained. "You gonna let him go alone, Irie?"
    "Of course not," she replied. "That would be completely silly; after all, I can't just let him go do something crazy like that without me, can I?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras