Page 313 of 708 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    With a shrug, Skye simply says "I wasn't asking. I won't tell you again."
    He scowled, "So you'd undermine Camryn's training?"
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Sloane calmed down a little, backing off slightly as he did.

"I was wrong, you're facetious enough to be the real Cas. Never mind, this ghost business has got me on edge."

He sighed.

"You're still full of crap, though. And if you aren't, then you're a complete ass. Skies above, Cas. I don't think he's weaponizing Camryn. If it was proven that he was, I'd go kick his ass. What's your excuse for believing and not acting? You didn't even think he was all that strong, now you're going to sit here and blow Waster air arguing with me?" He growled. "If you think Durand's pulling some fuckery, why are you letting him do that?"
    Casimir smiled and said calmly. "My excuse? I do not have one. If I were to do something about this, I would kill him. Simple enough answer for you?" He paused. "I also don't see the point of intervening at this point. He is teaching her control. Something she desperately needs. But there is a difference between allowing him to work unmolested, and doing what Iriesia proposes;"

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "If it were up to me," Irie replied, "I'd do the same thing that he claims that he's doing now- namely, teach Cammy how to get control over herself and the abilities she has. But if that's no longer possible- which unfortunately is a definite possibility- I'd watch him, and step in if things look like they're going the wrong way."
    After Iriesia finished he gave her a nod. "It's good to see someone else understands what needs to be done."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    He scowled, "So you'd undermine Camryn's training?"
    "This isn't training, it's torture. It's negative reinforcement control conditioning." She says.

OOC: out for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "This isn't training, it's torture. It's negative reinforcement control conditioning." She says.

OOC: out for a while!
    "Standard military procedure, my dear. Commander Agnar underwent the same thing", Marceau countered, "Do please stop interrupting- we have limited time until we arrive at Eden."

OOC: My airplane home is about to lift off, so take your time.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    After Iriesia finished he gave her a nod. "It's good to see someone else understands what needs to be done."
    "Speaking of things that need to be done," she said as she called forth three shards, grasping two of them as soon as they appeared, "can I get one of you three to hit me as hard as you possibly can? There's something I need to test, and well..."

The third shard hovers in front of her face for a second, then blows up- its explosive force directed solely at her, ultimately to no effect.

"...nothing harmful I can do to myself- without getting really creative- affects me anymore."
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

"Speaking of things that need to be done," she said as she called forth three shards, grasping two of them as soon as they appeared, "can I get one of you three to hit me as hard as you possibly can? There's something I need to test, and well..."

The third shard hovers in front of her face for a second, then blows up- its explosive force directed solely at her, ultimately to no effect.

"...nothing harmful I can do to myself- without getting really creative- affects me anymore."
    Elewa had been watching the proceedings with a sort of detached amusement. Seemed like errybody had something coming out of the woodwork for them in this place, Casimir getting crazy god dudes calling for him, Irie getting put down and then picked back up by her double trouble bodyguard bods, 'Keshi's mum and... well... all of that shit, Cammy and whoever the fuck dat old dude was. All kinds of noise goin' on 'round here. Crazy.

His cloudy eyes took in Iriesia. She was a weird one. Strong, very strong but like... ice... kind of fragile from the right angles. She played up as a tough bitch but Elewa felt like she was actually mostly doin' it to convince herself that she could be that strong... and if you looked at her wrong she'd... fold like a deck of cards. Fuckin' weird bitch but... positive enough in her own odd way.

Kinda person who needs to have a project, keep her mind from goin' funny. Sorta like... lonely mad crazy person who thinks they a genius. Mebbe 'Keshi had been hers... she kinda reminded him of his older brother; ruthlessly intelligent, weirdly powerful in a kind of offbeat way, hard to reason with but... where Sizwe had charm and finesse, Irie had strength and abrasiveness. Girl gave no fucks.

And now she wanted someone to smack her.

Why?

He vocalised his concerns.

"Why you lookin' to get smacked?" he asked, detaching himself from the wall he had been leaning against. He balled up a large fist. Even nuts as she was, he'd need a good reason to slug her one 'fore he did it.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Casimir smiled and said calmly. "My excuse? I do not have one. If I were to do something about this, I would kill him. Simple enough answer for you?" He paused. "I also don't see the point of intervening at this point. He is teaching her control. Something she desperately needs. But there is a difference between allowing him to work unmolested, and doing what Iriesia proposes;"

"Well, whatever. If you want to be lukewarm at this point, then it's not like I'm obligated to tell you to otherwise." Sloane shrugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Elewa had been watching the proceedings with a sort of detached amusement. Seemed like errybody had something coming out of the woodwork for them in this place, Casimir getting crazy god dudes calling for him, Irie getting put down and then picked back up by her double trouble bodyguard bods, 'Keshi's mum and... well... all of that shit, Cammy and whoever the fuck dat old dude was. All kinds of noise goin' on 'round here. Crazy.

His cloudy eyes took in Iriesia. She was a weird one. Strong, very strong but like... ice... kind of fragile from the right angles. She played up as a tough bitch but Elewa felt like she was actually mostly doin' it to convince herself that she could be that strong... and if you looked at her wrong she'd... fold like a deck of cards. Fuckin' weird bitch but... positive enough in her own odd way.

Kinda person who needs to have a project, keep her mind from goin' funny. Sorta like... lonely mad crazy person who thinks they a genius. Mebbe 'Keshi had been hers... she kinda reminded him of his older brother; ruthlessly intelligent, weirdly powerful in a kind of offbeat way, hard to reason with but... where Sizwe had charm and finesse, Irie had strength and abrasiveness. Girl gave no fucks.

And now she wanted someone to smack her.

Why?

He vocalised his concerns.

"Why you lookin' to get smacked?" he asked, detaching himself from the wall he had been leaning against. He balled up a large fist. Even nuts as she was, he'd need a good reason to slug her one 'fore he did it.
    "To see if it hurts, of course," she says matter of factly, somewhat surprised that Elewa would rise for that. "If it doesn't, then I'll know I what I'm doing now is working right."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

"To see if it hurts, of course," she says matter of factly, somewhat surprised that Elewa would rise for that. "If it doesn't, then I'll know I what I'm doing now is working right."
    Well...

That was... suitably crazy.

He scratched his head, releasing his fist. He rolled the thoughts around in his brain for a spell.

Why does she need to check whether it hurts? Can't she tell when her powers, whatever the hell they are, actually are doin' their thing? Elewa had an awareness of his abilities, it was like... a second skin to him. He didn't always feel it because it was a part of him and thereby engrained into his conscious on a sorta... base level but he always knew roughly what state it was in and how it was effecting him.

He idly grabbed a handful of air and gravity and moved it from hand to hand, making an odd ripping humming noise with his hands as the laws of physics went very strange for a moment in his grip. He released the intangible and shrugged, moving a little closer to Irie.

"So... I mean, I don't think I can hit dat hard next to some of dese motherfuckers," he said, indicating the nearby other members of the group. "Don't really got any powers that do much like that y'know?"

He thought for a bit.

"I could maybe shove you through a wall or somethin'... I mean... I don't wanna hurt you or nothin' and me can push very gentle like and you can... tap out or whatever if it hurts. Maybe that'd do you?"
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

"As hard as I can?" Casimir asked calmly.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Casimir merely chuckled. Something strange dancing behind his eyes. "You're only human, why should we not?"

"You know even less, old man." Casimir smirked. "Your arrogance is... amusing." He smiled humorlessly as Marceau turned to leave, calling out as he did so. "I do hope that threat is not an idle one. You have just as much to learn from me, as I do from you."
    Hmm...

Casimir flashed a brief, cold smile. "My, what an upstanding human you are, if that's the way you feel about the rest of Eden. Let alone one of your close friends." He paused. "It would seem Rosemary is the only one you truly care about in this group of ours." He folded his arms and looked at Sloane waiting for what he no doubt assumed to be one amusing comment or another.
    Hmm...

"Getting god powers has made you a dick I see," Robert summarized.

"And yes, Terrorist Gramps is totally trying to do something bad to Cammy," Robert added, in a tone that was far less concerned than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "It's pretty obvious to me. He sees her as a weapon. He doesn't give a shit about her control, he just wants to be able to aim her then let her lose control."
    "Oh irony," Robert deadpanned.

These guys were bad for his sense of humor. It was nowhere near this dry when it all began.

Why does she need to check whether it hurts? Can't she tell when her powers, whatever the hell they are, actually are doin' their thing? Elewa had an awareness of his abilities, it was like... a second skin to him. He didn't always feel it because it was a part of him and thereby engrained into his conscious on a sorta... base level but he always knew roughly what state it was in and how it was effecting him.
    OT: Not at first; she actually has to see what happens in her mind when she uses her powers in the real world before being able to determine if they are doing their thing.

He idly grabbed a handful of air and gravity and moved it from hand to hand, making an odd ripping humming noise with his hands as the laws of physics went very strange for a moment in his grip. He released the intangible and shrugged, moving a little closer to Irie.

"So... I mean, I don't think I can hit dat hard next to some of dese motherfuckers," he said, indicating the nearby other members of the group. "Don't really got any powers that do much like that y'know?"

He thought for a bit.

"I could maybe shove you through a wall or somethin'... I mean... I don't wanna hurt you or nothin' and me can push very gentle like and you can... tap out or whatever if it hurts. Maybe that'd do you?"
    "Well, pushing through the walls of the ship sounds like a really horrible idea," Irie replied, "especially since this is likely our only ride into Eden. And I'm normally already tougher than I look, so being gentle isn't really going to help, though I appreciate the offer- and consideration."

"As hard as I can?" Casimir asked calmly.
    "Hard enough that I'll actually need the healing from both of these," she said, gesturing to the shards in her hand, "if I'm wrong."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Hmm...

Hmm...

"Getting god powers has made you a dick I see," Robert summarized.

"And yes, Terrorist Gramps is totally trying to do something bad to Cammy," Robert added, in a tone that was far less concerned than it should be.

"Oh irony," Robert deadpanned.

These guys were bad for his sense of humor. It was nowhere near this dry when it all began.
    "This situation's all messed up. I'd rather not get involved unless something bad happens." Sloane said simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "This situation's all messed up. I'd rather not get involved unless something bad happens." Sloane said simply.
    "Probably for the best right now, annoying as it is," Robert said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Probably for the best right now, annoying as it is," Robert said.
    "At the very least, we could reasonably be sure that Durand's not messing Camryn up. I mean, they're family. Would you think that he's going to go super-hard on her, Robert?" Sloane asked curiously.