Page 305 of 708 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 10619
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Even before opening her eyes, she could tell that she was somewhere other than where she was before the world escaped her. Now, it seemed that she was back with the others- or at least those of the others who were together; there were still a few who were in other places with those she didn't recognize.

What the hell was I doing? Irie thought, ignoring the pain that was trying- in vain- to command her attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    At that moment Takeshi was on the other side of the group, enduring his mother's fussing and trying to ignore her probing questions about his relationship.
    Catching more than a few bits of Akemi's heavily one-sided 'conversation' with her understandably uncomfortable son, she remembered what had sent her off; only a few minutes ago, Sato-san was trying her absolute best to kill her son. Jacob had did something to her to change all of that, without even asking permission. And worse, his help didn't even solve the problem. In fact, given the apparent results of his efforts, he only made things worse.

Iriesia opened her eyes, and looked towards Takeshi and his mother. Something about the way Takeshi normally looked scared his mother, and it was still unknown why exactly that was. She picked herself off the ground, and- after first healing herself to get rid of the pain that was beginning to make itself a minor nuisance- made her way to the pair. There, she waited, looking for an opportunity to ask her question.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    'Dude can control his voice pretty damn good.' Casimir thought with interest. But unfortunately for the two of them, he couldn't do the same. "Well, I know how skilled Ramilla is first hand. We've fought twice, and I'm engaged to her charge. It's Amare I don't know too much about."
    "You've what?" Amare asked with an edge to her voice, not quite believing what she just heard. Why would Skybreaker fight him?

Oh, boy... I really wish he hadn't said that, Rai thought, hoping Amare would be reasonable this time.
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 12-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Even before opening her eyes, she could tell that she was somewhere other than where she was before the world escaped her. Now, it seemed that she was back with the others- or at least those of the others who were together; there were still a few who were in other places with those she didn't recognize.

What the hell was I doing? Irie thought, ignoring the pain that was trying- in vain- to command her attention.

Catching more than a few bits of Akemi's heavily one-sided 'conversation' with her understandably uncomfortable son, she remembered what had sent her off; only a few minutes ago, Sato-san was trying her absolute best to kill her son. Jacob had did something to her to change all of that, without even asking permission. And worse, his help didn't even solve the problem. In fact, given the apparent results of his efforts, he only made things worse.

Iriesia opened her eyes, and looked towards Takeshi and his mother. Something about the way Takeshi normally looked scared his mother, and it was still unknown why exactly that was. She picked herself off the ground, and- after first healing herself to get rid of the pain that was beginning to make itself a minor nuisance- made her way to the pair. There, she waited, looking for an opportunity to ask her question.
    Seeing her open her eyes, Takeshi starts to set her down. "Irie, are you okay? What happened?"
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

"You've what?" Amare asked with an edge to her voice, not quite believing what she just heard. Why would Skybreaker fight him?

Oh, boy... I really wish he hadn't said that, Rai thought, hoping Amare would be reasonable this time.
    "... Sparred with Ramilla?" Casimir replied slightly confused. "She beat me, of course, but only after I beat her the first time."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Seeing her open her eyes, Takeshi starts to set her down. "Irie, are you okay? What happened?"
    OT: I write a response wherein she's in his arms, and it gets ignored. I then write a response wherein she makes her way over to him, and your response puts her in his arms.

"I'd be better if I wasn't having my energy constantly sucked out of me, but there's no helping that right now," she said as he helped her to her feet. "Other than that, I'm fine. As for what happened, I'll have to tell you about it when we get some time alone."

"... Sparred with Ramilla?" Casimir replied slightly confused. "She beat me, of course, but only after I beat her the first time."
    Wha?

"I'm sorry," Amare said as she bowed in apology, an act which shocked (heh) Rai. "Perhaps I'm still a little weak from being in jail for so long, because I'm pretty sure I heard what you said wrong. Could you repeat the last thing for me again, please?"

OT: To her, your reply was so absurd that she disbelieves her ears.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Putting the journal away in a pocket, Rivia started to wander off to do some exploring before the transport arrived.
    As she walked aimlessly, Rivia found herself back by the prison cells. pausing by one, she looked inside. Then she went to another and did the same, a sadness made her feel melancholy over the plight of these people. As she continued walking, the lights above her began to flicker then went out completely for a moment. A few seconds later the light comes back on.

At the far end of the passageway behind her a single door opens up and a shadowed figure slips out of it. Staying hidden, the figure follows silently behind Rivia, watching her as she continues to check out each cell.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Wha?

"I'm sorry," Amare said as she bowed in apology, an act which shocked (heh) Rai. "Perhaps I'm still a little weak from being in jail for so long, because I'm pretty sure I heard what you said wrong. Could you repeat the last thing for me again, please?"

OT: To her, your reply was so absurd that she disbelieves her ears.
    "Sparred Ramilla twice, beat her once?" Casimir gave her a simplified version, still a little confused. 'Third times the charm..' He then looked at Rai with the same confused look. "Is she.. normally like this?"

OT: I write a response wherein she's in his arms, and it gets ignored. I then write a response wherein she makes her way over to him, and your response puts her in his arms.

"I'd be better if I wasn't having my energy constantly sucked out of me, but there's no helping that right now," she said as he helped her to her feet. "Other than that, I'm fine. As for what happened, I'll have to tell you about it when we get some time alone."
    OOC: Shit, really? Sorry.

"Um, okay. Who were those people? You went off with some guy and came back passed out. Am...am I supposed to be jealous? Is that what guys normally do when this happens? I'm new at this boyfriend thing."

"Sparred Ramilla twice, beat her once?" Casimir gave her a simplified version, still a little confused. 'Third times the charm..' He then looked at Rai with the same confused look. "Is she.. normally like this?"
    "Oh, not at all," Rai said. "Just between you and me, she's usually much worse."

Much too late did Rai realize that his last statement was said aloud.

"Is that so, Sparky?" she asked, casually sweeping him off his feet and into her arms at the very moment she said his nickname. "If I'm really as bad as you think I am, then why don't you show me how I should behave? As for you, Mr. Casimir..." As she addresses him, something about the way she carries herself changes- almost as if the Amare of now is a different manner of creature than the one of just seconds ago. "Not that I think you're lying or anything, but I'm still finding it hard to believe your claim. Nothing against you personally..."

In the time between words, Amare- carrying the injured Rai- had crossed the distance between herself and Casimir (20 Speed, or about Mach 1.5).

"...it's just that I really can't see her losing to anyone. If you don't mind, I'd like to see- at some point- how true that claim of yours really is. Until then, take care of yourself."

She then continued moving, headed towards where she saw Irie speaking with someone.

OOC: Shit, really? Sorry.

"Um, okay. Who were those people? You went off with some guy and came back passed out. Am...am I supposed to be jealous? Is that what guys normally do when this happens? I'm new at this boyfriend thing."
    OT: Bah, everyone's done it around these parts by now.

That's... quite a few questions.

Given the implications, she didn't mind the questions at all. Well, maybe a little bit.

"If you mean the two people coming this way," she said, as she noticed two finally beginning to move, "then that would Raishin Aldane and Amare, respectively a former Shield of mine and his highly, um, spirited girlfriend. Perhaps one of them will be willing to answer your question."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

"Oh, not at all," Rai said. "Just between you and me, she's usually much worse."

Much too late did Rai realize that his last statement was said aloud.

"Is that so, Sparky?" she asked, casually sweeping him off his feet and into her arms at the very moment she said his nickname. "If I'm really as bad as you think I am, then why don't you show me how I should behave? As for you, Mr. Casimir..." As she addresses him, something about the way she carries herself changes- almost as if the Amare of now is a different manner of creature than the one of just seconds ago. "Not that I think you're lying or anything, but I'm still finding it hard to believe your claim. Nothing against you personally..."

In the time between words, Amare- carrying the injured Rai- had crossed the distance between herself and Casimir (20 Speed, or about Mach 1.5).

"...it's just that I really can't see her losing to anyone. If you don't mind, I'd like to see- at some point- how true that claim of yours really is. Until then, take care of yourself."

She then continued moving, headed towards where she saw Irie speaking with someone.
    "Pretty fast. Not as fast as I am though." Casimir nodded and as she walked off he added. "Understand what you mean, do hope you're not disappointed... Again, nice to meet you two."

He waved, then moved into a corner before sitting down.

"Pretty fast. Not as fast as I am though." Casimir nodded and as she walked off he added. "Understand what you mean, do hope you're not disappointed... Again, nice to meet you two."

Amare smiled as she waved back.

At least he can move fast enough to make things worth my while. Though he thinks that's as fast as I can go, he has a surprise coming.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Skye snorts and sits down beside Casimir. "Ahh, some people. Overconfident much?" She asks as she nods her head toward Amare. "It's going to be like this once we end Volkov, isn't it? People not believing that a bunch of kids are more powerful than them. We'll have regular challengers, won't we?"

As she walked aimlessly, Rivia found herself back by the prison cells. pausing by one, she looked inside. Then she went to another and did the same, a sadness made her feel melancholy over the plight of these people. As she continued walking, the lights above her began to flicker then went out completely for a moment. A few seconds later the light comes back on.

At the far end of the passageway behind her a single door opens up and a shadowed figure slips out of it. Staying hidden, the figure follows silently behind Rivia, watching her as she continues to check out each cell.
    After a few minutes, Rivia suddenly stopped walking. Still facing away from her tail, a second Rivia manifests from the light and looked down the corridor in the opposite direction, "Why do you follow me? You escaped from your cell, you should have run away. Know that I can not let you go free, you could be a dangerous person. Answer me, or I will return you to your cell immediately. Tell me who you are and why you are following me."

After a few minutes, Rivia suddenly stopped walking. Still facing away from her tail, a second Rivia manifests from the light and looked down the corridor in the opposite direction, "Why do you follow me? You escaped from your cell, you should have run away. Know that I can not let you go free, you could be a dangerous person. Answer me, or I will return you to your cell immediately. Tell me who you are and why you are following me."
    After a few moments of silence, a male voice, ragged and horse like it hadn't been used in a long time, finally replied, "So pretty you are, so pretty and so powerful. Haven't felt so much power before, they stole the power from us, made us weak like babies they did. Now you are here, you will give me my power back, yes? Give me my power back...or I will eat you and take yours. I will devour you, all of you, body, such a pretty one, mind and soul, all of you will be mine." The shadow moved in closer, slowly like a hunter stalking it's prey.

After a few moments of silence, a male voice, ragged and horse like it hadn't been used in a long time, finally replied, "So pretty you are, so pretty and so powerful. Haven't felt so much power before, they stole the power from us, made us weak like babies they did. Now you are here, you will give me my power back, yes? Give me my power back...or I will eat you and take yours. I will devour you, all of you, body, such a pretty one, mind and soul, all of you will be mine." The shadow moved in closer, slowly like a hunter stalking it's prey.
    A shiver ran down her spine, followed by revulsion and disgust. Spinning around, Rivia blaster the corridor behind her with a pressure wave. "Your sick, you know that?" As she spoke, the shadow closed in on her, "Oh, please..." she spoke under her breath as her body began to emit a powerfully intense bright light. The light dispersed every shadow, and the prisoner was stunned by this. His hands up to his eyes, he screamed in pain, then turned to run. As he ran blindly he hit a wall of light, bouncing off of it and onto his backside. "Sorry, creep, but I need my powers. You, you need a good long rest." As Rivia spoke, her fairies found his empty cell and were holding open the door. A swarm of pixies descended on him and lifted him up by his arms, flying him over to the cell and throwing him inside. Rivia came over and entered in the code to lock the prisoner back inside.

Shaking her head once, Rivia headed back to the others, hopefully where it would be a little safer.

That's... quite a few questions.

Given the implications, she didn't mind the questions at all. Well, maybe a little bit.

"If you mean the two people coming this way," she said, as she noticed two finally beginning to move, "then that would Raishin Aldane and Amare, respectively a former Shield of mine and his highly, um, spirited girlfriend. Perhaps one of them will be willing to answer your question."
    Takeshi looks a little nervous and watches them come. He adjusts the retracted staff stuck in his belt, he might need it. He didn't want to start throwing around fire in front of his mother.