Page 290 of 708 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Then... Lunarius has to die." Sloane responded numbly.
    "Such is they way of the world." She responded calmly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "How do you kill a man who's been dead for several centuries, though?" She asked, not exactly certain on Sloane's intention.
    "There are but to pieces of advice and insight I can offer you on this course of action. Would you hear them?"
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"How do you kill a man who's been dead for several centuries, though?" She asked, not exactly certain on Sloane's intention.
    "We're going to have to beat Lunarius' ghost up until it dies. Again." Sloane said firmly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Such is they way of the world." She responded calmly. "There are but to pieces of advice and insight I can offer you on this course of action. Would you hear them?"
    "Yes, thank you."

"Which would be correct." She paused. "In truth, they chose Casimir because of his destructive potential and the ease at which they could manipulate it. He is not very strong, or fast, or durable... but given the right... mentoring, he could be... Do you understand?"
    Rivia turned her head at this, "You think we're just playthings?" turning back, and speaking louder, "That he's just some sort of frigging toy?!"
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"We're going to have to beat Lunarius' ghost up until it dies. Again." Sloane said firmly.
    "There are but to pieces of advice and insight I can offer you on this course of action. Would you hear them?"
    "Some advice would definitely be better than trying to figure out how you beat up a ghost until it dies..."
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her eyes widen, and then narrow in anger. Before she answers, the entire building begins to shake noticeably. 'Why?! What reason do they have for manipulating him like this, for lying to him?!'
    "Among other things, the desire to wreak havok. My 'brothers' have not been alive this long due to their peaceable nature. During the last war, they killed a considerable number of their own kin."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia turned her head at this, "You think we're just playthings?" turning back, and speaking louder, "That he's just some sort of frigging toy?!"
    "I have not lived as long as I have without learning to play games." She replied dryly. "While I may be in league with the others I by no means share the same drive. To them Casimir is nothing more than a plaything. Something easily used up and tossed aside, which they plan to do, and will do, should they not be stopped."

She glanced at Casimir, who had during their psychic conversation reverted back and passed out. "I mean to help him, their corruption is not complete.. but I cannot involve myself directly..."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Among other things, the desire to wreak havok. My 'brothers' have not been alive this long due to their peaceable nature. During the last war, they killed a considerable number of their own kin."

"I have not lived as long as I have without learning to play games." She replied dryly. "While I may be in league with the others I by no means share the same drive. To them Casimir is nothing more than a plaything. Something easily used up and tossed aside, which they plan to do, and will do, should they not be stopped."
    To say that Maxana is upset by this would be the understatement of the year. The shaking intensifies a little, only to be accompanied by a drastic increase in the air's temperature. "I will kill then all for this!"

She glanced at Casimir, who had during their psychic conversation reverted back and passed out. "I mean to help him, their corruption is not complete.. but I cannot involve myself directly..."
    And then, it all stops. Still calming down, she walks over and kneels at his side. "What do you need us to do?"

To say that Maxana is upset by this would be the understatement of the year. The shaking intensifies a little, only to be accompanied by a drastic increase in the air's temperature. "I will kill then all for this!"

And then, it all stops. Still calming down, she walks over and kneels at his side. "What do you need us to do?"
    Rivia stands protectively over the two and looks at the spirit, her eyes hard and serious, "But you can use us, tell us how to help him."

"Perhaps, but I saw what came of your trying earlier.. It is a ways off."

Rivia stands protectively over the two and looks at the spirit, her eyes hard and serious, "But you can use us, tell us how to help him."
    "I know he is... unwell. Unstable. He cannot hope to overcome the corruption as he is now." Came the soft echo of a reply in their heads. He needs the two of you.. needs your help. Otherwise you will lose him to them." She paused then added.. "If you doubt the sincerity of my words, I give my permission for you to read me. I know it is within your own power to do so."

'I will get stronger, as I have been for the last month. And when I do, I will find the bony one, and I will make him eat his own heart before cutting his head off.'

"I know he is... unwell. Unstable. He cannot hope to overcome the corruption as he is now." Came the soft echo of a reply in their heads. He needs the two of you.. needs your help. Otherwise you will lose him to them." She paused then added.. "If you doubt the sincerity of my words, I give my permission for you to read me. I know it is within your own power to do so."
    'I will always be there for him. As long as I am alive, he won't fall to those monsters.'

Rivia's eyes glowed for a moment, then she nodded, " We will help him, but there has to be something you can do to help us help him."

'I will get stronger, as I have been for the last month. And when I do, I will find the bony one, and I will make him eat his own heart before cutting his head off.'
    "So you might. Though, when Casimir learns of his manipulation, he will attempt the same.'

'I will always be there for him. As long as I am alive, he won't fall to those monsters.'
    Rivia's eyes glowed for a moment, then she nodded, " We will help him, but there has to be something you can do to help us help him."
    "I cannot mend his mind, nor can the effects of his transformation be corrected. All I can do is offer my knowledge when he is ready for it, and attempt to guide him, and you both, should you need it."

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

[ooc]Wow. I actually fell asleep in the middle of typing a post.[/ooc]

Sensing something odd in the air, Rai paused.

"Is something wr-"

Irie, sensing Rai's pause, had begun to ask him a question, when a single, all-too-familiar gesture made her silent. For a second or so after, she watched as it appeared that Rai was deep in thought. Then...

"This must be your first time trying to snoop, kid."

Even though she was standing right next to him, Irie couldn't hear a word of what Rai said. Despite that, his words would sound crystal clear to Mack- clearer even than words spoken directly in his ear.

"If so, here's a bit of helpful advice. The absolute worst thing you can possibly do when eavesdropping is react to something you overhear. At best, it makes other people suspicious of you. And at worst..."

Rai began to smile; on his command, several bolts of lightning struck at once near Mack- none actually hitting Mack, but each coming close enough that the accompanying thunder drowned out any other sound.

Except his.

"Well, you're smart enough to figure it out. Take care, kid."

When the thunder subsided, neither he nor Irie were anywhere to be heard.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

"So you might. Though, when Casimir learns of his manipulation, he will attempt the same.'
    'Then we will have a better chance at succeeding. All that matters is that that monster dies.'

"I cannot mend his mind, nor can the effects of his transformation be corrected. All I can do is offer my knowledge when he is ready for it, and attempt to guide him, and you both, should you need it."
    'So he is stuck with this for good... But the other said he had a chance to be turned back to normal... was that a lie as well?'

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"Some advice would definitely be better than trying to figure out how you beat up a ghost until it dies..."
    "Maybe it'll work." Sloane shrugged.

"Yes, thank you."
    "Maybe it'll work." Sloane shrugged.
    "While that concept is an amusing one, that is not the wisest course of action." The Queen replied. "I will tell you what I know... 'Of the girl of phantasm: She must accept the darkness in her blood, for the sword is herself and she the sword. Only when she accepts reality can she conquer it with the unreal.'

She paused and looked at Sloane. "And 'Of the moon's spirit: It is darkest only before the dawn. Only when the last knight falls and the sorrows of countless are wielded will the girl be free of the spirit. To truly end the cycle of the spirit, the bloodline must be cut.'