Page 284 of 708 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "No, Rosemary. It was my fault. I should've figured it out sooner. Skies take it, I'm such an idiot." Sloane growled.

He punched the floor, denting it slightly.

"Lunarius really pushed us to a bad spot. What can we do?"
    "I don't know..." She said in a soft voice as she pulled herself into a seated position. "I thought I could face him myself, but this isn't just some fight where you can just beat the bad guy up."
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Then I suppose I should just keep quiet, then." Maxana takes a few steps back and waits for this Old God to show himself.
    "Just be careful."

There was no grand entrance for the Old God, no display of power, or anything to prove his superiority. He just appeared in front of them.

He stood about a foot taller than Casimir, and resembled an ancient warrior. Shoulders smoking from his transition to this dimension, he didn't seem overly pleased to be here.

But when he saw what Casimir had become, he nodded in understanding. "So, it has finally come to pass. Tell me, young Godling, how do you feel?"

"I feel like I could kill you for doing this." Casimir replied calmly.

Arnvusiil only nodded. It was true, he could have killed him for speaking to him like that. But, it had always been like this. It had been for him. "You could attempt it, in fact I would enjoy the challenge. But, I assume that is not why you have called me to this place."

He glanced at the others, his gaze lingering the longest on both Rivia and Max. He then spoke to them directly. "So tell me, did you view his ascension first hand? ... Be honest. How did it make you feel?" His eyes glittered with interest.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I don't know..." She said in a soft voice as she pulled herself into a seated position. "I thought I could face him myself, but this isn't just some fight where you can just beat the bad guy up."
    "Yeah. Lunarius is fully assembled in you, Rose. That makes fighting him pretty much impossible, since he's probably going to kill the crap out of psychics and Cas if they try to help." Sloane sat down, helpless and drained.

"I only have one idea, and it's just stupid. It'd hurt you more than leaving him in would, I'd think." He admitted.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Just be careful."

There was no grand entrance for the Old God, no display of power, or anything to prove his superiority. He just appeared in front of them.

He stood about a foot taller than Casimir, and resembled an ancient warrior. Shoulders smoking from his transition to this dimension, he didn't seem overly pleased to be here.

But when he saw what Casimir had become, he nodded in understanding. "So, it has finally come to pass. Tell me, young Godling, how do you feel?"

Arnvusiil only nodded. It was true, he could have killed him for speaking to him like that. But, it had always been like this. It had been for him. "You could attempt it, in fact I would enjoy the challenge. But, I assume that is not why you have called me to this place."

He glanced at the others, his gaze lingering the longest on both Rivia and Max. He then spoke to them directly. "So tell me, did you view his ascension first hand? ... Be honest. How did it make you feel?" His eyes glittered with interest.
    When the Old God arrived, she was expecting something a little more... impressive looking. This old, ragged pile of bones looks more like a henchman from one of those RPG video games than a higher being, but who is she to say.

When he speaks, she backs up a step. With narrowed eyes and a firey glare, she says, "I was right here when he 'ascended'. I was afraid for him. I could and should kill you for what you and your...your friends did to him."

"Yeah. Lunarius is fully assembled in you, Rose. That makes fighting him pretty much impossible, since he's probably going to kill the crap out of psychics and Cas if they try to help." Sloane sat down, helpless and drained.

"I only have one idea, and it's just stupid. It'd hurt you more than leaving him in would, I'd think." He admitted.
    Standing to her feet, the possession had left her feeling completely empty inside yet it was not enough to stay her words. "Impossible? That's what he wants you to think, Sloane."

Now that her problems had a face, voice, and personality, she was no longer afraid. No longer was she flailing at the darkness for answers and finding only more questions.

"I may have inherited his power, but it is no longer his! We may be related by blood, but I am my own person!"
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”

When the Old God arrived, she was expecting something a little more... impressive looking. This old, ragged pile of bones looks more like a henchman from one of those RPG video games than a higher being, but who is she to say.

When he speaks, she backs up a step. With narrowed eyes and a firey glare, she says, "I was right here when he 'ascended'. I was afraid for him. I could and should kill you for what you and your...your friends did to him."
    "I see why you chose her as his líf samstarfsađila. He chuckled. "I would like you to hit me, then. With everything you have. There will be no consequence, consider it a gesture of my understanding of the situation."

Standing to her feet, the possession had left her feeling completely empty inside yet it was not enough to stay her words. "Impossible? That's what he wants you to think, Sloane."

Now that her problems had a face, voice, and personality, she was no longer afraid. No longer was she flailing at the darkness for answers and finding only more questions.

"I may have inherited his power, but it is no longer his! We may be related by blood, but I am my own person!"
    "Yeah, you're right!" Sloane stood with her, surprised at her determination even at this late stage. If she was strong, then he would have to be as well.

"We'll find a way, Rose. No matter how long it takes, you'll beat him. His power can't stop you from winning, we'll make sure of that!"

"Just be careful."

Rivia felt very angry, and did what she could to keep in held back, "So you did this to him?" Rivia's eyes flashed dark and cold, "Undo it, undo it now and return him to normal."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"Yeah, you're right!" Sloane stood with her, surprised at her determination even at this late stage. If she was strong, then he would have to be as well.

"We'll find a way, Rose. No matter how long it takes, you'll beat him. His power can't stop you from winning, we'll make sure of that!"
    "Let's get back to the others." She replied, only to glance around.

"Uhh...could you lead? I don't know how we got here."
    Quote of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia felt very angry, and did what she could to keep in held back, "So you did this to him?" Rivia's eyes flashed dark and cold, "Undo it, undo it now and return him to normal."
    "Impossible." Arnvusiil replied. "What you are asking, is for me to change his very nature. That is well my power... As powerful as I am."

"Let's get back to the others." She replied, only to glance around.

"Uhh...could you lead? I don't know how we got here."
    Sloane cleared his throat awkwardly. Well, he didn't know how to leave a good impression.

"Yeah, this way."

He motioned for Rose to follow as he trudged back through the corridors, a new burden added to his ever-growing list of worries.

"Impossible." Arnvusiil replied. "What you are asking, is for me to change his very nature. That is well my power... As powerful as I am."
    "Oh, please. Get real, sir. As powerful as you are, you can't return Cas back to his normal human self?" Her eyes now flashed red, and her hair seemed to get redder and wilder like a flame, "Haven't you ever heard about free will? Don't you realize we deserve the right to choose for ourselves?"

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"I see why you chose her as his líf samstarfsađila. He chuckled. "I would like you to hit me, then. With everything you have. There will be no consequence, consider it a gesture of my understanding of the situation."
    "With pleasure." As she extends her hands, she draws electricity from the Old God's body. Swirling blue and white energies rocket out of her outstretched hands and slam into the Old God. When it explodes on impact, she contains it so that it does not damage the hall they are in.

OOC: A blast of Fire 52 in an enclosed place is probably a bad idea. Maybe.

"With pleasure." As she extends her hands, she draws electricity from the Old God's body. Swirling blue and white energies rocket out of her outstretched hands and slam into the Old God. When it explodes on impact, she contains it so that it does not damage the hall they are in.

OOC: That's our Maxanna.

IC: Rivia took a step back, startled that she would attack so quickly and without thinking.

Arnvusiil makes no move to dodge or even block the attack. The blow hits him in the midsection, and... Does nothing more than burn his armor. When it explodes, he is obscured by the flames, and when they die out they'd all see he had merely caught fire."

"Mm. Impressive... I have not been hit with something that powerful since the last great war.. The one that ruined this planet and killed most of my kin." He grinned. "I see now why the Queen spoke so highly of you."

Still on fire he turned his attention to Rivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh, please. Get real, sir. As powerful as you are, you can't return Cas back to his normal human self?" Her eyes now flashed red, and her hair seemed to get redder and wilder like a flame, "Haven't you ever heard about free will? Don't you realize we deserve the right to choose for ourselves?"
    "You do not understand."

Casimir stared at him and without missing a step said. "Then explain it. Explain why I look like this... Sound, like this... Feel, like this. What have you done to me?"

Arnvusiil looked at him, eyes glittering. "You mean you did not know? When we fought last. When I broke you and saw the spark.. I told you you had it... I did not put it there. Neither did the blood of Du-Sinharsihl... It only sped up the process. That spark, the touch of the Old Gods... Call it a birthright... an Inheritance, if you will. That is something I cannot control, or change. Merely help realize." He looked at Rivia, then to Casimir. "Do you understand?"