Page 249 of 708 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Hey, Cas. I was planning to get Irie and Takeshi out." Sloane nodded in their direction. "Actually, I was also planning to get Irie to wall this portion off. Cammy's about to unleash all sorts of lava and stuff over the black 'bots."

He glanced out the hole.

"Get Takeshi out. Irie needs to do the sealing and I'm not going to be hurt by the fall because of my gravity reducing powers."
    "If it's all the same to you, I'm going to stay and help Iriesia." Casimir replied. "I also doubt taking Takeshi away from her would be wise either." Really, he didn't think touching the boy would be smart at this point in time. "If you insist, I'll do it mind you."

He paused. "When you get down there, see if Max can't throw up a barrier of glass.. With Iriesia, Max and myself working together I doubt any of us need to worry about any lava blow back."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

EDIT: Never happened, because continuity.
    Last edited by Eternal Torment; 12-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

From the look of it, Camryn cannot hold much longer. Once she lets go, God only know how much lava is going to fall on the ones below, including her. Whoever's bloody idea this was is a fucking twit.

Summoning whatever energy she has left, she floats to the center of the room and quickly scans the room. Not only does the hole have to be plugged, but the spaces between the floors by the railings do as well.

Right then, old girl.

Mustering her remaining strength, she rips the earth from the hole Camryn made summoning her lava. Converting it to glass quickly, she spreads her arms out, and with a grunt of exertion, sends out the glass to fill any open spaces.

It may not work, but at least she tried. Exhausted, she collapses on the ground.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "If it's all the same to you, I'm going to stay and help Iriesia." Casimir replied. "I also doubt taking Takeshi away from her would be wise either." Really, he didn't think touching the boy would be smart at this point in time. "If you insist, I'll do it mind you."

He paused. "When you get down there, see if Max can't throw up a barrier of glass.. With Iriesia, Max and myself working together I doubt any of us need to worry about any lava blow back."
    "You're right, Takeshi'd probably murderize your ass right now. Forget it, he's got his own ways." Sloane agreed.

"I'll send the word to Max, too. There's a lotta stuff that has to be done before we can funnel this lava away from us."

He looked down to confirm her position.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The sickness that threatened to cripple her lifted to a much more tolerable level, allowing the girl to focus on something else. Glancing about, she found that chaos around her began to slow. "Artemis?...Are you here? What's going on?" Although it wasn't his true name, she found more comfort in saying it than otherwise.

Time sped up as she found a robot charging toward her, prompting her to jab it back with Gelduraza's assistance, providing a stone pillar that smashed it across the room.

"If day-dreaming isn't allowed, then mind-games sure aren't." She muttered as the robot she had previously fended away rose once more, prompting her to materialize Mitchuqulei to burn it with a fiery shriek.

"What?" The mere thought that such a scenario could exist prompted her to simply just stop in the middle of fighting, her mind much too confused to continue. Only then did the nausea returned in full-force.
    "Aw, no."

The Sword was messing with Rose again, wasn't it? Without a second thought, he vaulted over the railing and landed softly besides her.

"Rosemary. You need some time to rest?" Sloane held her gently, keeping her from toppling over as the nausea wracked her body. This wasn't good for her health. As much as it sucked to be sidelined, she needed to recuperate or at least slow down the progression of the spiritual illness.

"You're right, Takeshi'd probably murderize your ass right now. Forget it, he's got his own ways." Sloane agreed.

"I'll send the word to Max, too. There's a lotta stuff that has to be done before we can funnel this lava away from us."

He looked down to confirm her position.

"Aw, no."

The Sword was messing with Rose again, wasn't it? Without a second thought, he vaulted over the railing and landed softly besides her.

"Rosemary. You need some time to rest?" Sloane held her gently, keeping her from toppling over as the nausea wracked her body. This wasn't good for her health. As much as it sucked to be sidelined, she needed to recuperate or at least slow down the progression of the spiritual illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    From the look of it, Camryn cannot hold much longer. Once she lets go, God only know how much lava is going to fall on the ones below, including her. Whoever's bloody idea this was is a fucking twit.

Summoning whatever energy she has left, she floats to the center of the room and quickly scans the room. Not only does the hole have to be plugged, but the spaces between the floors by the railings do as well.

Right then, old girl.

Mustering her remaining strength, she rips the earth from the hole Camryn made summoning her lava. Converting it to glass quickly, she spreads her arms out, and with a grunt of exertion, sends out the glass to fill any open spaces.

It may not work, but at least she tried. Exhausted, she collapses on the ground.
    Seeing the glass glow to fill in the open spaces, he smiles.

Then focusing on what he needed to do, the electricity he'd built up proceeded to discharge violently, or so it seemed.

Using his hands to direct the currents, he bolstered the work Max had done, by laying a barrier over the surface of the glass. With her amplified electricity powering it, the barrier was far from weak. Together with the glass, it should be enough to protect the ones below.

Finished, he dropped to one knee, exhausted. Using the last of his sunlight reserves to get back on his feet. Irie still needed to work, and Takeshi was being an idiot...

They probably needed back up.

Seeing the glass glow to fill in the open spaces, he smiles.

Then focusing on what he needed to do, the electricity he'd built up proceeded to discharge violently, or so it seemed.

Using his hands to direct the currents, he bolstered the work Max had done, by laying a barrier over the surface of the glass. With her amplified electricity powering it, the barrier was far from weak. Together with the glass, it should be enough to protect the ones below.

Finished, he dropped to one knee, exhausted. Using the last of his sunlight reserves to get back on his feet. Irie still needed to work, and Takeshi was being an idiot...

They probably needed back up.
    "Need me to watch Irie and Idiot Lad," he hears Ramilia say from behind him. If he turns around, he would see one looking at him with a serious expression, and the other carefully watching the lava above them.

"Need me to watch Irie and Idiot Lad," he hears Ramilia say from behind him. If he turns around, he would see one looking at him with a serious expression, and the other carefully watching the lava above them.
    "J-just. Idiot lad." He says shakily. He'd expended too much energy between using Tenebrous, teleportation, and throwing up a barrier that strong. He looks behind him to see two Ramillas...

This day had literally been the most interesting to date. Chuckling he nodded at the second Ramilla. "She's cute... Single?"

"J-just. Idiot lad." He says shakily. He'd expended too much energy between using Tenebrous, teleportation, and throwing up a barrier that strong. He looks behind him to see two Ramillas...

This day had literally been the most interesting to date. Chuckling he nodded at the second Ramilla. "She's cute... Single?"
    Ramilia rolls her eyes and teleporting up to Takeshi and Iriesia, leaving the duplicate behind to make sure everyone is behind the barriers.

Ramilia rolls her eyes and teleporting up to Takeshi and Iriesia, leaving the duplicate behind to make sure everyone is behind the barriers.
    OT: Cas is actually up with Idiot Lad and Irie... :P

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

So, she's really going to do it...

It was the only reason Irie could see why Cas and Max would exhaust themselves fortifying the floor. And if they really were trying to unleash what was behind the source of all that heat, they'd definitely need more than what those two exhausted themselves to set up. Which meant that it was time to get to work.

From the void, she calls forth three shards, unlike any of the ones she called thus far. After releasing the binds that would prevent anyone from using the first, she wills it to Casimir.

"I wasn't really expecting to use these so soon," she said, as the shard landed on him. "But I guess it can't be helped now."

As she finished speaking the shard began to melt into him, and Cas would begin to feel his exhaustion fade- as if the ice itself was giving him energy.

"In a few seconds, you should be feeling well enough to at least get yourself- and Takeshi- down below where it should be safe."
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ah, Cool. Really cool.

His single eye turned red once more, and he slowly floated upwards.

The long scarves trailing behind him rose and pointed themselves towards the robots.

His eye glowed.

The scarves split themselves into hundreds of fine tendrils, with the intention of latching themselves to as many robots as they could.

Weight of the World - Heavy
    Some of them are taken and pulled off, by most generate some sort of field that protcets them.

Placing her sword on her back after dispatching the other five, Maxana looks up to observe Takeshi's fire and Camryn's lava being turned away by what appears to be an invisible barrier.

She nods at Marko. "Clearly they are prepared for empowered abilities." As she begins to float up beside... someone, who happens to he wearing the same scarf as Robert, she opens tries to open several gravity wells inside five of them. "Maybe they are not attuned to blocking gravity.
    It works on three, but the other two generate a field that repel her attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia helps support Hilda until she can stand on her own. As she does, she asks, "Commander, did anyone else survive? Are any other Paragons here?"
    She nods.

"Two more, and a civilian ally. Seventh floor, third door on the right of the staircase and the fifth door. Tenth floor, first door as soon as you go up the staircase. Alongside Gunner, they were my strike-team and we all got taken at the same time when we went after Volkov."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy bit her lip, hesitant, "I.. I'm not sure. If I punch through that shield, I could end up punching through the whole Gulag, too..."

She raised more lava, forming a barrier between the black robots and the stairwell. The wall seemed sloppily made, and it was obvious that it was putting some strain on Cammy. Beads of sweat rolled down her brow as she struggled to keep the barrier held so precisely together, "New plan- move fast!"
    OT: A good move once everyone clears out. I like it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Rivia smiled, then turned to Hilda, "Try to walk, just a few steps." She then lead Hilda through the Dark Passage, coming out on the first floor in an area far enough away from the action to be safe. As soon as they exited, Rivia's appearance returned to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She nods.

"Two more, and a civilian ally. Seventh floor, third door on the right of the staircase and the fifth door. Tenth floor, first door as soon as you go up the staircase. Alongside Gunner, they were my strike-team and we all got taken at the same time when we went after Volkov."
    "Stay here, you should be safe, I'll be right back." Rivia then calls out telepathically....

Casimir eyed the shift in appearance and portal with interest. "I'd like to know more about that you just did, but as you can see, I'm going to go help Iriesia and Sloane." His body was still bursting with electricity, most of it arcing into the floor ceiling. "Maybe next time."

Turning, he teleported next to Sloane and the other two. "Sloane. Iriesia. Whatever it is you're planning, do it quick. Cammy was struggling when I saw her a few minutes ago."
    "Hey, Cas. I was planning to get Irie and Takeshi out." Sloane nodded in their direction. "Actually, I was also planning to get Irie to wall this portion off. Cammy's about to unleash all sorts of lava and stuff over the black 'bots."

He glanced out the hole.

"Get Takeshi out. Irie needs to do the sealing and I'm not going to be hurt by the fall because of my gravity reducing powers."
    "Cas! Sloane!There are more people inside! I'm going back, keep a lid on things til I get them out."

Rivia looks up, her skin turns dark grey and her hair turns black as another Dark Passage opens up in front of her. Quickly stepping inside, she emerges on the seventh floor and races to open doors 3 and 5. Reaching door three, she reads the datapad and enters in the code to open the door. Before it opens,. she moves to door 5 and does the same, moving between the two doors to help the prisoners out...
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"Stay here, you should be safe, I'll be right back." Rivia then calls out telepathically....

"Cas! Sloane!There are more people inside! I'm going back, keep a lid on things til I get them out."

Rivia looks up, her skin turns dark grey and her hair turns black as another Dark Passage opens up in front of her. Quickly stepping inside, she emerges on the seventh floor and races to open doors 3 and 5. Reaching door three, she reads the datapad and enters in the code to open the door. Before it opens,. she moves to door 5 and does the same, moving between the two doors to help the prisoners out...
    These cells hold two more paragons, one an older man she doesn't recognize (Maxana's grandfather), and the other being Kirby St. Johns, who they had met briefly at Paragon HQ.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    These cells hold two more paragons, one an older man she doesn't recognize (Maxana's grandfather), and the other being Kirby St. Johns, who they had met briefly at Paragon HQ.
    As soon as they were both out of their cells and able to walk, Rivia opened up the Dark Passage and brought the three of them up to the tenth floor in a matter of seconds. Reaching the cell door, she opens it up and looks inside...
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

As soon as they were both out of their cells and able to walk, Rivia opened up the Dark Passage and brought the three of them up to the tenth floor in a matter of seconds. Reaching the cell door, she opens it up and looks inside...
    This last one houses a woman in her twenties with long dark hair and blue eyes. Of them all, she seems the least out of it and nods to Rivia.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR