Page 245 of 708 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Spotting Cammy's distress, Sloane reduced the gravity on himself and slid up the wall, reappearing briefly to cleanly cut one robot in half by using Skye's Swiftsteel ability to strike.

Damn. He was a little put off, given how incredible the speed was. He tried to use it again, but it didn't work. Once a battle seemed to be its limit.

"Camryn, you okay there?" He stayed a little closer than he should have, hiding a wince as the hot air started to hurt more than simply sting.
    Cammy coughed before rubbing her eyes with the back of her arm, "I-I... I will be. Never been suffocated before. These things move so fast! I couldn't..."

She looked over to the battle, "Someone saved me."

She wiped her eyes again and looked back over to Sloane, forcing a smile, "If it wasn't for Skye's armor, I'd be a red smear. I've gotta thank her later."

With the perception granted by her newly gained speed, she let her gaze fall back upon the battlefield, super-heating every enemy machine in sight.

"Thanks for stopping to help, Sloane."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy coughed before rubbing her eyes with the back of her arm, "I-I... I will be. Never been suffocated before. These things move so fast! I couldn't..."

She looked over to the battle, "Someone saved me."

She wiped her eyes again and looked back over to Sloane, forcing a smile, "If it wasn't for Skye's armor, I'd be a red smear. I've gotta thank her later."

With the perception granted by her newly gained speed, she let her gaze fall back upon the battlefield, super-heating every enemy machine in sight.

"Thanks for stopping to help, Sloane."
    "I've got to thank Skye too. For keepin' you safe, that is." Sloane nodded, trying to ignore the heat as best as he could.

He twirled the knives in his hands to keep his mind off of the blistering pain.

"And... it's no big deal, Cammy. Although I'm not sure if you want me fightin' here or with the others."

Rose, Eisen, and Selma were handling themselves fine. He didn't have to watch their backs. Cammy, on the other hand, needed somebody to cover her. If he and Irie didn't do a good enough job, she would have to make bigger explosions to protect herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "I've got to thank Skye too. For keepin' you safe, that is." Sloane nodded, trying to ignore the heat as best as he could.

He twirled the knives in his hands to keep his mind off of the blistering pain.

"And... it's no big deal, Cammy. Although I'm not sure if you want me fightin' here or with the others."

Rose, Eisen, and Selma were handling themselves fine. He didn't have to watch their backs. Cammy, on the other hand, needed somebody to cover her. If he and Irie didn't do a good enough job, she would have to make bigger explosions to protect herself.
    Cammy forced herself to grin, "If you keep me from getting killed, I'll be your best friend again."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Cammy forced herself to grin, "If you keep me from getting killed, I'll be your best friend again."
    That was twice now, but he'd let that go. She was under a lot of stress.

"Heh. Who said you weren't?" Sloane chuckled as he stood by her. Promise or no promise, Cammy was just as important.

"Come on, it's time to turn 'em into scrap."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Stopping at the seventh cell, Rivia examined it closely. The door was sealed in such a way you'd probably need the right digital key just to bypass the security. Through the observation window she saw a familiar face, and her heart sank, her blood boiled, at the inhumane way these prisoners were being kept.

Opening up her senses, she ran her hands over the doorway, trying read it, to sense the best way to open it.
    OOC: Missed the thing about no windows, sorry.

IC: Finding the keypad, Rivia read it and knew the right combination. Entering carefully, she waited to see if it opens.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Takeshi flies up through the falling robots, blasting them as he passes, climbing higher through the structure.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Skye begins using the gifts granted to her from Mack earnestly. While in metal form, she superheats her arms using Takeshi and Cammy's powers, and in a blur of speed too fast for all but the also-amped Sloane to track, she begins to punch the robots, leaving only molten puddles of liquidy goo where her fists strike. Before each blow strikes, she uses Sloane's Sever The Dead ability to drop the target's Durability by 20.
    This proves quite useful, and she brinsg down another seven this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Frowning, and taking no time to celebrate her taking out seven (yes, she is keeping score), she quickly turns her attention to the dozen upon dozens charging towards them.

She decides to do what she did last time, and uses her gravitational powers to lift up ten of them and try to crush them like she did the other five.
    Five lift off and are crushed, but the other five plant themselves, digging into the ground and anchoring themselves against her power.

Cammy struggled to her knees, hacking and wheezing.

Still gasping for breath she turned and braced herself on the wall, struggling to her feet, tears rolling down her cheeks.

She turned and fire another shockwave at the advancing machines, still unsteady on her feet.
    Three were bowled over by this.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    [ooc]Hey, Cleric.

Did the robots from the third and fourth floors somehow phase through two ice barriers she made?

Or were they simply strong enough to break through?

Assuming they broke through the two barriers...[/ooc]

As more machines- twice as many as she had dealt with on the second floor- broke through the ice that was intended to stop them, she- and the marked shards around her- faded from view once again.

A second or so later, the shards reappeared- each where they would be the most effective against the guards without the risk of catching friends in the crossfire- and detonated, hopefully taking out their intended targets (per shard, 65 for the ice & 65 for the exploding mark).

"What happened to you?" Iriesia asked, as she reappeared next to her. As she spoke, even more ice shards materialized and were sent towards promising targets.
    Nine more are destroyed, her ice proving lethally effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Elewa whistled slightly as he grabbed a robot and gripped it in his immoveable hands, using his ability to shift things much heavier than himself, he gently shoved it through the handrail of the walkway and dropped it into the turmoil below. He wasn't really paying that much attention to the robots, he was more thinking on Jacob.

How had Jacob known the code?

How had Jacob known how to get them in?

Seriously, a monumentally powerful random old crazy guy shows up out of nowhere and is helping them achieve their objectives because...? Well, because nothing. He wanted to help with Eden, which was legit but it somehow seemed all too... easy? Or maybe contrived? Patterns didn't just emerge out of nothing to Elewa's mind. Organisations worked like machines, people worked like people which is to say they didn't work on any kind of natural logic. There was a natural chaos to the world and this kind of thing didn't normally just happen. Maybe the guy wanted to help, maybe he didn't. Whichever it was; Elewa tended to be suspicious of those in power due to years of mistrusting the police and the government in general.

So what was his angle?

Why help them out?

A powergrab? Help take down Volkov to try and assume his vacant position?

And what of his belief in a higher power whom he represented. Shady stuff. Shady-as-fuck stuff. What if his boss decided that he should rule and have a freakin' harem or some shit? Guy was strong and, if this shit went well, would likely be seen as a hero.

Shady man.

Still... keep an eye on him for now.

He waved vaguely at Gunner. Kind of made him snigger to think of a policeman in a prison cell. Fitting. Feds gettin' punished. Ha!

"Yo Captain Flash!" he said cheerily, "S'been a while, right? Kinda ironic dat a guy like you be pulled outta a cell by guys like us,"
    Gunner opened his eyes, looked at Elewa, and groaned slightly. He managed to pull himself off Jacob and lean against the wall.

"Nice to see you too, Mr. Elewa. Rumors of your demise seem to have been exaggerated."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Missed the thing about no windows, sorry.

IC: Finding the keypad, Rivia read it and knew the right combination. Entering carefully, she waited to see if it opens.
    It does and inside, bound like Gunner had been, was Hilda Agnar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Takeshi flies up through the falling robots, blasting them as he passes, climbing higher through the structure.
    Flying through the destroyed ice sections the robots had left, Takeshi finds the second, third, fourth, and fifth levels cleared.

The guards on six through ten all stood perfectly still, observing the battle below. These robots were tinted black and seemed more.....errie...than teh others.

More sinister somehow.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Damnit, Takeshi...

She fades from view one more time, and sends one more volley of explosive, yet unmarked ice at the guards below. Then, she heads after him- slowly, as the surrounding environment made the task of manuevering at speed even harder than it already was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The guards on six through ten all stood perfectly still, observing the battle below. These robots were tinted black and seemed more.....errie...than teh others.

More sinister somehow.
    By the time he reached the sixth floor, she had reached him.

"Be careful, Takeshi; something about these seem... wrong."

If he turned, he would see her behind him, with another set of 13 marked shards floating around her.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

At least six are destroyed before the others form their liquid metal arms into shields to protect themselves.
    Had he possessed a mouth a small satisfied smile would have appeared on his face.

Yeah, he could let the others take it from there.

It does and inside, bound like Gunner had been, was Hilda Agnar.
    Without even turning Robert could see what was happening. He giggled. Man, that was embarrassing. Getting jailed just sucked.

His single red eye seemingly stared off into the distance. It was fine. The thing was just for show.

Robert's gaze carefully studied his surroundings, ready for more robots.

The guards on six through ten all stood perfectly still, observing the battle below. These robots were tinted black and seemed more..... eerie...than the others.

More sinister somehow.
    Heh, interesting.

Round 2, then?

His single eye glowed blue.

I Am Right Here

OOC: I know Robert likely doesn't sense anything, but he has to try.

Using Cammy's abilities, Skye imbues Arvandor-Atar with a coating of lava and doubles her efforts at clearing the guards. She also blasts the robots at a distance using her own biochemical energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Five lift off and are crushed, but the other five plant themselves, digging into the ground and anchoring themselves against her power.
    After having dispatched two, Casimir frowns as even more robots drop down. He creates an electromagnetic barrier around himself to help prevent getting wrapped up by another liquid metal robot.

He swings his blade at a group of five before, launching himself at the group that were dug into the floor. He fired off another crescent and began slashing at them as he gets close.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

OOC: don't remember how gunner was bound.

IC: Rivia begins working on freeing Hilda.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Twelve.

Right, then. These stubborn bastards, then she will see about making her way to the upper levels to help Rivia, Robert and Takeshi. In one fluid motion, she draws her new sword , and coats it in fire before charging the five. Admittedly, wielding one large sword, as opposed to two small one, feels very strange, so she opts to take larger swings than what she is used to. Certainly helps when fighting more than one, though.

Flying through the destroyed ice sections the robots had left, Takeshi finds the second, third, fourth, and fifth levels cleared.

More sinister somehow.
    He lands in front of them, wisps of fire curling around him.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Damnit, Takeshi...

She fades from view one more time, and sends one more volley of explosive, yet unmarked ice at the guards below. Then, she heads after him- slowly, as the surrounding environment made the task of manuevering at speed even harder than it already was.

By the time he reached the sixth floor, she had reached him.

"Be careful, Takeshi; something about these seem... wrong."

If he turned, he would see her behind him, with another set of 13 marked shards floating around her.
    "You're right. They're not BURNING!" He sends a cone of fire at them, followed by explosive fireballs at the floor around them.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

"You're right. They're not BURNING!" He sends a cone of fire at them, followed by explosive fireballs at the floor around them.
    That wasn't exactly what she meant, but...

Oh, to hell with it!

As he began firing at the mysterious guards, she too began to attack- sending the shards that were out at them along while summoning still more both in their midst and above them (to catch any that might fall down from above).
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras