Page 213 of 708 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 10619

Before Max regains consciousness however, there is a flash and Casimir disappears.

On his knees, he rises slowly and looks around confused.

One minute he was flying towards the Gulag, the next he was... Elsewhere.

The place looked different, it wasn't Earth was it? ... The place felt different... Older. Less grounded by the laws that governed the Universe.

That... and he didn't feel the leylines anymore.

"Where in the hel-"

He gets a strong feeling of vertigo, and the ground underneath his feet falls away. A split second later, he drops to his knees in front of Arnvusiil.

But this time, he isn't alone.

Standing to his left is the Queen of Autumn, and next to her is the Stone Elemental...

And to his right stands Du-Sinharsihl. Tongue out, mouth twisted into a grin.

After several moments of startled silence, Casimir bows his head and says, "vi hittumst aftur, g vona a essu sinni, vingjarnleiki kjrum."

Arnvusiil raises his eyebrow in surprise and chuckles. "You took my advice did you? Good... But in this instance, youngling, unnecessary. My kin cannot speak as I." He shrugged his shoulders, "or at least the ones that speak."

The Queen of Autumn and Du-Sinharsihl, nodded. The Stone Elemental just grunted.

Unable to contain himself, Casimir looks up. "Why is it you've taken an interest in me?"

They all looked at him for some time before the Fae finally spoke. "Dear one, you've not realized it yet?" Her voice was soft, but resonated with ancient wisdom and power.

"What the Father said about you was true, in part, you are free to mold your own fate. Something no one has been gifted with in millennia." She smiled. "But you specifically, Casimir, have within you the potential to transcend that of your own mortality... You have the potential to become like us."

Her statement gives him pause.

The potential to transcend mortality? He'd touched on the theory of prolonging his own life, had even asked Father Jacob about the means to do so.

But this...

This was so much more, wasn't it? But how would something like this be possible? The ability to create the Old Gods had died with the ones before the War...

"How would something like that even be possible."

Arnvusiil regarded him with amusement. "Think back to your fight earlier, youngling. What happened?"

He'd fought with the Daemon of course. He'd managed to beat it, as well... But before it had died...

"Du-Sinharsihl threw up his blood in my mouth..." The comment made the Daemon titter.

"More than just blood, youngling.. It was the ichor of an Old God." Arnvusiil grumbled. "The seeds have been planted. Already they start to grow."

The Ancient Warrior looked curiously past Casimir for a moment. Before returning his attention to him. But what traces of amusement there had been in his gaze were gone. Replaced by a strange, unsettling twinkle.

"That blade on your back. Where did you get it?" As the others heard it, he could see the understanding dawn in their eyes, levity was replaced by solemn gazes. Except for the Fae, she seemed to be suppressing a smile.

Clearing his throat he looked up at Arnvusiil. "After my friends and I bested the three of you." He glanced at the Daemon, the Fae and the Elemental. "There was a fourth... A swordsman who wielded a scythe, and this sword..."

"What of him? How did you come by the blade." It came out quiet, but the force behind it was enough to give Casimir pause.

"I uh... We fought him... Between the four of us we were able to weaken him." Casimir replied, somewhat distantly. "When I dropped the sword I took it, and shoved it through what I guess... was his heart... I kept the blade."

"Sonur tk..." Arnvusiil replied quietly.

Son of a bitch. ... That could be either good or bad, depending. Casimir tensed, and got ready to fight. But heard the Fae speak in his mind.

"Be at peace, Casimir. The Swordsman was the stronger of us, not far behind myself... But he was corrupt. Twisted. He long since strayed from the path of the Old Gods. You did us all a service, you and your friends." She smiled softly at him.

Arnvusiil stepped forward, towering over Casimir, and placed a hand on his forehead. Easily covering his entire head with one ancient palm.

"You and those bound you... By Oath, and Blood, I am indebted you." He said slowly. "When the time comes, I will show myself to them, and offer them a gift, should they wish to take it."

With that he stepped back. "The sword you carry, it is known to us as Tenebrous." He frowned. "It is incredibly powerful, but be cautious. While not evil like its master, it enjoys the shedding of blood..."

He looked at him with approval. "But you are stronger of will than he ever was, and so we leave it to you. Bear it well."

Looking to the other Old Gods assembled, Arnvusiil returned his attention to Casimir. "We shall return you now, having said our peace. Remember our words. Send your bondmates our thanks..."

Without giving him time to reply, Casimir gets another feeling of of vertigo, only to land hard, on his knees, back with the others.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "Their deaths mean nothing to you? I don't believe that for a second. They have to mean something to you- otherwise you wouldn't have said half the stuff you said back there, and you definitely wouldn't be mad at yourself for not caring. By the way, saying that you're mad at yourself for not caring is just refusing to admit that you do care."

She gently 'pushes' him to the ground and joins him there.

"You know, while you're horrible at being dishonest- especially when it comes to yourself- you're great at caring, even if few people can see it."
    "I'm glad you think so. I just want all of this to be over so I can go home."
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "I'm glad you think so. I just want all of this to be over so I can go home."
    One day, I hope you'll see what I see.

"So, what are you planning to do when you get back home?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

"First thing I'm going to do is check on my car. I'm sure Carlos has stolen it by now but maybe I'll get lucky and he didn't decide to sell it for parts."
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "First thing I'm going to do is check on my car. I'm sure Carlos has stolen it by now but maybe I'll get lucky and he didn't decide to sell it for parts."
    "Why would he steal your car?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Resting in a meditative sitting position, Rivia closed her eyes and tried to relax. Blocking out all of her senses, she focused inward in an attempt to better understand her self and her powers. It wasn't long before she found herself on a walkway staring out over a massive canyon so deep, so vast and so beautiful it made her heart skip a beat. As she watched, she felt the presence of another come up from behind her. Turing to look, she saw a young girl with long white hair and an aura of pure, soft light.

The girl looked out over the canyon, then spoke, "The colors of the earth far exceed anything that can be done with paint and canvas."

"Perhaps, but a good artist strives to capture this image for all to enjoy. Even once it is gone forever." Rivia turned to the girl, "You are the spirit of light?"

"Yes. You had summoned me and I came. Why did you summon me?"

"I seek to know you better. You are a part of me, one that has been with me since I was a child. Yet there is still so much I need to learn."

The child smiled, "To learn? Perhaps, but not from me. As you see I am still but a child to you, and will remain so as long as you deny yourself."

"Deny myself? Yes, I do deny myself, don't I? I hold back in fear, yet that is not something so easily resolved."

"Then I am not the one. You must summon the others. Once you come to accept them call on me again and we will talk."

"The others..." Rivia found herself with a cold shiver running down her back, "Yes, of course. Thank you."

"You will see they are not as gentle as I am, but they are still a part of you. After you have spoken to them, we will meet again." The child then turned and walked into the air above the canyon, transforming into a light that then faded away.

Taking a deep breath, Rivia opened her eyes and sighed, wondering if she was truly ready to do this.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-30-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Shaking his head, Casimir gets to his feet and moves over towards Max.

If this day could get any stranger, he'd be hard-pressed to believe it... Especially considering the conversation he just had.

.. And the sword he was just allowed to keep.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maxana spent the last night in the garden going over her last two battles. She prevailed in both, and had really good showings, but something disturbed her. Her most powerful ability, her glass, was not nearly as effective as she thought it would be. And her other powers were nothing more that a triviality to the Fae and swordsman.

The amount she had to depend on a few powers also disturbed her. She thought herself one of the most versatile out of all the cadets, but against stronger opponents, the majority of her powers were useless.

Perhaps... it had more to do with the people she fought, as opposed her herself. They had those magic swords, and used them to trivialise her attacks. If they were armed with normal weaponry, she would have had a much easier time. Of course, they were not even supposed to be there, if Casimir had have planned it better.

Stupid Casimir. His good intentions nearly got Ramilia killed. She was certain that her not speaking to him for the night got that point across. Or she may have gotten so caught up in her own thought she she fell asleep in the garden.

Either or, really.

After washing up and showering in the Dauntless one last time, Maxana wishes Mithisar a farewell one last time before making it in time to catch the beginning of Father Jacob's song.

Curious. From the sounds of it, she swears that there were hundreds of people singing, even though it was just him. At any rate, the more important matter is how singing somehow changes the molecular structure of the air to not only support their weight, but also keep the wind from blowing them all away at the speeds they are going and keep then obstructed from the Gulag'a sensors.

Walking up to him, she says, "Excuse me Father, but is this Hymn one of your God powers?" She will admit, she does not know the first thing about God or how he works and all that good stuff.
    "Partially, yes. This is a minor use of the power, for I am far from what I was."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    'Easy for you to say..' Casimir thought dryly. He felt like a failure. So far, he had been a walking failure with everyone here. How could he not beat himself up.

After Ramilla left, he waited several minutes before following suit.

He spent the rest of the evening alone, studying. He was going to get answers.

The next morning he arrived in time to be carried off by Jacob. While he'd showered and cleaned the blood off, he'd done nothing about the injuries he'd sustained.

Dressed for the upcoming mission, he'd brought the sword along with him.

He noticed Max, and half smiled, but stood where he was.

En route, Casimir walked over to Father Jacob and asked him simply, "what is your definition of a soul?" Casimir knew what he thought it was; a spark that held the essence of what you were. But the Father saw things entirely different.
    "A soul? An interesting question. The simplest explanation would be that it's a small spark of the Divine in all living things, a piece of God himself within us all, I suppose. Others might say it's your eternal portion of the universe, a part of it that will forever be you and will forever spin on long after the physical world has turned to dust. Others might say it is your conscience and life experiences all rolled into one that survives after your body shuts down. I believe it to be all of those things."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ramilia, who has been fast asleep since an hour before Father Jacob began singing the Hymn, finally wakes up. Stretching, she glances around to find that she and the others are floating, no flying on an invisible platform. Shrugging, she gets up and....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "A soul? An interesting question. The simplest explanation would be that it's a small spark of the Divine in all living things, a piece of God himself within us all, I suppose. Others might say it's your eternal portion of the universe, a part of it that will forever be you and will forever spin on long after the physical world has turned to dust. Others might say it is your conscience and life experiences all rolled into one that survives after your body shuts down. I believe it to be all of those things."
    Hmm, interesting. "Would you say that it is the force that keeps us alive?"

Ramilia, who has been fast asleep since an hour before Father Jacob began singing the Hymn, finally wakes up. Stretching, she glances around to find that she and the others are floating, no flying on an invisible platform. Shrugging, she gets up and....

Hmm, interesting. "Would you say that it is the force that keeps us alive?"
    "Partially, yes."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

"Partially, yes."
    "Well, then I guess I'd be able to find God, given the right circumstances then," she says, almost as an offhand comment.

"Partially, yes."
    With as broad an answer as that, it could, given the right circumstance be whatever you wanted it to be.

"The last one makes sense, given what I've recently been able to do. But I don't think it keeps us alive. We do that. Our experiences, motives, feelings, drive and will to live.. All of that goes into maintaining it. The spark. Soul. Whatever." He paused. "I think it's like a very elaborate, very efficient power cell."

"Which brings me too another question, Father..."

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"Hey, Ramilia. You feelin' alright?" Sloane asked curiously. "You seemed a little down earlier."

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Hey, Ramilia. You feelin' alright?" Sloane asked curiously. "You seemed a little down earlier."
    She turns to glance up at him before answering hesitantly. "Ah, yeah. I, uh, just had a rough go in a training sim yesterday."