Page 212 of 708 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "It's, umm. It's a poem." Skye says, suddenly very self conscious. "Mushy stuff. Rivia would be proud." She smirks at herself.
    Cammy's blush returned, "I... I'd like to hear it. You know, before we get totally sucked into all this craziness and the fighting starts. It could just be you and me, for a little bit. No crazy angel men or super prisons. Just us."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy's blush returned, "I... I'd like to hear it. You know, before we get totally sucked into all this craziness and the fighting starts. It could just be you and me, for a little bit. No crazy angel men or super prisons. Just us."
    Skye shows Cammy the specific passage. It looks like this:

With a whisper, she says. "Okay, but...no laughing!" She reads:

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
    Bringing something we must learn
    And we are led to those who help us most to grow
    If we let them and we help them in return
    Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
    But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you
    Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun
    Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
    Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
    But because I knew you I have been changed for good

/Shamelessly thefted

Skye shows Cammy the specific passage. It looks like this:

With a whisper, she says. "Okay, but...no laughing!" She reads:

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
    Bringing something we must learn
    And we are led to those who help us most to grow
    If we let them and we help them in return
    Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
    But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you
    Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun
    Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
    Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
    But because I knew you I have been changed for good

/Shamelessly thefted
    Cammy's cheeks were crimson by the end of the poem. She looked away, "Skye, that's..."

She paused, unsure of herself for a moment. It was hard to believe that Skye was telling the truth- almost too good to be true. Her heart soared and butterflies flew wild in her stomach.

In a rush of courage she turned back to Skye, grabbed her head with both hands, and pulled her into a deep kiss. After a moment she pulled away, "That... that was beautiful Skye. Thank you so much."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Reached Demon-God Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy's cheeks were crimson by the end of the poem. She looked away, "Skye, that's..."

She paused, unsure of herself for a moment. It was hard to believe that Skye was telling the truth- almost too good to be true. Her heart soared and butterflies flew wild in her stomach.

In a rush of courage she turned back to Skye, grabbed her head with both hands, and pulled her into a deep kiss. After a moment she pulled away, "That... that was beautiful Skye. Thank you so much."
    Skye smiles tenderly. "Its true. Every word. I do all of this because of you..."

With an afterthought, she adds "Who else would be worth flying in the clouds with?"

Skye smiles tenderly. "Its true. Every word. I do all of this because of you..."

With an afterthought, she adds "Who else would be worth flying in the clouds with?"
    Cammy's hands fell down to hold Skye's, "I can't imagine where I'd be without you..."

Reached Demon-God Status

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "I wish I did. I'm terrified of doing or saying something that will drive you away, because as badly as I'm handling your...interest, I don't want to lose it. I don't want to make you mad because I still think about Vivian, but I feel like I would be betraying her if I wasn't angry about what happened. And I'm mad at myself because even though Volkov and his gang have killed a lot of good people, I don't care about them. Their deaths mean nothing to me."
    "Their deaths mean nothing to you? I don't believe that for a second. They have to mean something to you- otherwise you wouldn't have said half the stuff you said back there, and you definitely wouldn't be mad at yourself for not caring. By the way, saying that you're mad at yourself for not caring is just refusing to admit that you do care."

She gently 'pushes' him to the ground and joins him there.

"You know, while you're horrible at being dishonest- especially when it comes to yourself- you're great at caring, even if few people can see it."
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "That..." She is not really sure what to say. He sounds so defeated, this is the last thing he needs before they arrive at the Gulag. "...is not true," she says finally.

Um, say something else.

"And, um, you are good at a lot of other things too. Oh,"

That may have not been the best choice of words. Backtrack, shift slightly.

"You just need to start thinking before you do things. Thinking about the consequences. I think...that is where your problem lies, that you have an idea, and you do not think it over before you do it properly."

What the hell is she saying?

Be helpful, stupid. This is all about making him feel better about himself. Without minimizing what he did. Bloody harder than she thought.

She sighs heavily. "In the end, all you did was turn off the safety protocols. You did not fight her battle for her. She would have been hurt whether they were on or off, so you cannot hold yourself as responsible as you do. And besides, without you, she would have been worse off then she was. And if she really did fully blame you. you would not be standing right now, I think."

....So, did that work? Please let that have worked. She sucks at being comforting, without doing....certain things.
    He didn't say anything for awhile.

He understood what she was trying to do, and the fact that she stiill cares meant a lot. He'd be lost without her. But she'd tried to bludgeon her way through cheering him up.

Which did work a little.

"Max... thank you." He leaned over and kissed her forehead.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    He didn't say anything for awhile.

He understood what she was trying to do, and the fact that she stiill cares meant a lot. He'd be lost without her. But she'd tried to bludgeon her way through cheering him up.

Which did work a little.

"Max... thank you." He leaned over and kissed her forehead.
    "You are....you are wel-welcome."

Either she used her brain a tad too much trying to be consoling to Casimir, or she has the worst hangover in history. A cold sweat has her hair matted to her face and neck, and her head is pounding like a bongo drum, whatever that is.

"I...I do not feel so hot all of a sudden...," she says quietly.

"You are....you are wel-welcome."

Either she used her brain a tad too much trying to be consoling to Casimir, or she has the worst hangover in history. A cold sweat has her hair matted to her face and neck, and her head is pounding like a bongo drum, whatever that is.

"I...I do not feel so hot all of a sudden...," she says quietly.
    He just tilted his head slightly at the sudden change and frowned. "Hvers vegna ekki a sofa ?" As he spoke, the sword hummed in response, and a faint 'click' followed by the sensation of being stabbed by an icicle, sounded in the back of his head.

He paused. That was... Strange. But he wasn't surprised, three days and no sleep would do that to someone.

Pausing again, he said slowly. "Why not rest?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh; 11-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.

He just tilted his head slightly at the sudden change and frowned. "Hvers vegna ekki a sofa ?" As he spoke, the sword hummed in response, and a faint 'click' followed by the sensation of being stabbed by an icicle, sounded in the back of his head.

He paused. That was... Strange. But he wasn't surprised, three days and no sleep would do that to someone.

Pausing again, he said slowly. "Why not rest?"
    Okay, either she is going crazy, or he just said something in gibberish. She looks up at him. Her eyes look...distant, as if she is not quite there mentally.

Slowly, she sinks to her hands and knees in full preparation for going to sleep; or, at least that is what she intended on doing. Her equilibrium seems to be off, causing her to wobble to the point of falling to the ground. The air is hot and heavy, hard to breath in, but not of her own doing. She tries to lift herself up with her wobbly arms.

"Casimir...what is wrong with me?" Her pulse is pounding so hard, she can actually feel it in her ears.

The scant strength in her arms gives out, and she faceplants onto the hard air platform. She does not get back up. The pounding in her head intensifies rapidly, to the point that she slips into unconsciousness.

Okay, either she is going crazy, or he just said something in gibberish. She looks up at him. Her eyes look...distant, as if she is not quite there mentally.

Slowly, she sinks to her hands and knees in full preparation for going to sleep; or, at least that is what she intended on doing. Her equilibrium seems to be off, causing her to wobble to the point of falling to the ground. The air is hot and heavy, hard to breath in, but not of her own doing. She tries to lift herself up with her wobbly arms.

"Casimir...what is wrong with me?" Her pulse is pounding so hard, she can actually feel it in her ears.

The scant strength in her arms gives out, and she faceplants onto the hard air platform. She does not get back up. The pounding in her head intensifies rapidly, to the point that she slips into unconsciousness.
    He says nothing, but cradles her in his arms gently.

He's not as worried as he should be about the sudden shift in her health.. And if she was in danger, he would feel it, connected to her as he was.. No this was something different, wasn't it?

He brushed the sweat stained hair out of her face and frowned, hoping he wasn't wrong. It may feel like that, but he wasn't an expert. Should she get even a little worse, he'd take her Iriesia or Eisen.

Default Broken by the Viking Heiress (Part I)

F upp! Standa h, lti eitt! The booming voice startles her, seemingly coming from everywhere at once. That guttural language seems so familiar, as if she has heard it from somewhere before; that is right, she heard it before she passed out. It resonates deep in her bones, sending a cascade of fear running up her spine.

g sagi, rs upp! The voices impatient command is punctuated by a swift, but very firm kick to her midsection. It actually lifts her into the air and sailing a few yards before she crashes back to the hard ground beneath her.

That certainly does not help her current sickly disposition. As a matter of fact, one could say that it actually makes it worse.

A soft, pained groan escapes through her gritted teeth and she tries to oblige the disembodied voice. To her surprise, she gets right up. Presumably, whatever she was feeling before she passes out faded away during her little catnap.

She rubs her head, thankful that the headache is gone, and blinks away the blurriness. For the first time, she takes in her surroundings. A hazy, cold fog makes seeing too far a fantasy, but she can see enough to wonder what the bloody hell is going on.

The cold, gray grass is stained with blood, large and voluminous in both size and quantity. The air stinks of dead bodies and excrement, either from said deaf bodies or the horses they rode in on. Bodies lay on the ground in hastily made piles, either cleaved or sliced in every way imaginable. Their small ring-laden armor rest upon them, having given them little protection from whatever befell them. Limbs lay strewn across the field, insects and scavengers already helping themselves.

The sharp metallic clang of sword clashing with sword and axe and shield colliding head on ring through the field. Grunts, yells, shrieks and screams all mix together in a deadly symphony; music to the ears of the rage-ridden madmen.

In the middle of this madness stands Maxana, completely enamored with the violence unfolding before her. She watches gleefully, a large. girlish grin plastered on her lips.

And there it is again. The same unadulterated excitement she felt when Casimir tore the Other's heart out of its chest; only this time, it is more intense. She does not know why this entices her so much. All she knows is that she likes it, and cannot seem to get enough of it.

The eyes and weapons of the combatants pass over and through her as if she is merely a figment of their imaginations. Which is good, because it allows her to watch with interest without fear of becoming a common threat.

Her eyes settle on the one who appears to be at the epicenter of the battle. His long, braided brown hair lay matted to his face, stained red by the blood gushing from his gashed forehead. His dog pelt and little-ring armor rested upon his broad shoulders, torn and mangled into uselessness by the carnage befalling him.

In his hands is a massive broadsword, at least as long as he is tall. From the hilt down off the tip of the double-edged blades dripped a stream of blood. She can hear the blade almost speaking, crying out for more flesh. The large warrior obliges, leaping into the air, and bringing the hungry sword down upon an carelessly inattentive enemy.

What happens when blade meets the said carelessly enemy's steel helmet startles her. Instead of smashing into it with crushing force, it breaks the entire man apart. Not limb from limb, but into millions or possibly billions of little colored specks.

Red, yellow and blue floaties wander aimlessly for a brief moment before floating to, and hovering around the warriors hand. They then align themselves by color, and orbit his hand in three different arcs before a bright white light engulfs it. Just then, a massive white beam erupts from his outstretched fist, striking an unwary enemy in the torso. Maxana gasps in utter shock as only the man's shins remain after the blow.

The brown haired warrior turns suddenly, his eyes, filled with glowing cerulean energy, meet hers for a tense moment. Surely, there is another enemy behind her to be slain. Still, his stare, accompanied by the blood smeared grimace on his face sends chills down her spine. Her knees begin knocking involuntarily.

So, the theater of battle entices you, little maiden? The art of true savagery intrigues you? Then, you are a Lindstrm after all. His voice, deep and booming, echoes audibly, despite them being in an open area. His imposing stature, a full six foot seven, at least, looms over her menacingly.

So much for not being seen.

Her eyes widen. Not only can he see her, but he speaks English. His voice is the same from before, but he was speaking some gibberish language before. Now, he is speaking English as eloquently as if he has been speaking it his entire life.

A quiet, mousy response squeaks out of her mouth. "W-who are you?"

Slamming his fist onto his chest with a resounding thump, he announces, I am Mlvas the Strong. It is I whom your family line is derived from, little one. It is also I whom you inherited your growing bloodlust and proneness to violence from.

Maxana stares at him in stark surprise. This is...her ancestor. Oh God, is she going to be like Rosemary, with a gaggle of...of ghost things running around in her head, made flesh by her powers?!

No.

She already has enough issues as is. She does not need tenants in her already cramped brain.

"With all do respect, Mr. ...um, you, I really just want to go -"

Does the art of battle not entice you, little one?

If he calls me little one more time... "No, it does not. I was raised to abhor violence. No offense."

He laughs, a deep, booming laugh that rattles Maxana's bones. Then, explain why you were gazing upon the battle as if you wished to join in. The love of carnage and mayhem is in your blood. It is a part of you as it is me. You cannot fight your nature, for you will lose most assuredly. Accept it, and you will become strong. Fight it, and you will perish with the weak and helpless. You wish to be strong, yes?

Her eyes cast downward in thought. Yes, she does want to be strong to defeat Volkov and free Eden from his grip. But, she does not want to accept what he has to offer. She does not want to accept her nature. She does not want to accept the fact that she inherited...this around her.

Does she?

The excitement and glee she felt watching the battle was real. That much she cannot deny. The fact she feels more inclined and more comfortable in fights is another.

The lessons her mother gave her as a child seem like distant memories. The experiences she has lived through have usurped her mother's influence. As much as she does not want to admit it, she is...not the same person she was before Arcadia.

They knew she would change; they were banking on it. She was as well. She needed to grow up and possibly grow a backbone. But this... this is too much.

Well? Do you accept or not? There is no sense of impatience in his voice, only a faint sense of urgency. Not surprising, since he is missing out on more bloodshed.

Slowly, she raises her head, a firm frown on her face. Casimir said her being more aggressive is a good thing, and that he liked it. But that is because...well, he may be more than a little bias.

The things her mother filled her head with are nothing more than a superficially vague memory.

There is no going back. Not now, not ever. She had accepted this the moment she prepared to kill the Queen of the Autumn.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

He smiles grimly through his blood stained braided beard. Excellent. Step forward and receive your first gift.

With a sigh, she leaves the remnants of her old self behind, and prepares to embark on the path to her new future.

I sense great power in you. The power of the Gods rests deep within you. Bring it out, and I will add to it.

Umm, okay. She has no clue what he means by the power of the gods, but the cerulean glow filling his eyes points to him referring to Ether. Interesting. She knew Ether and Leyline abilities existed before the Great War, but not this far back.

Nodding once, she exhales softly, the familiar warm feeling of her Ether coming forth overtaking her. She looks up, the golden glow filling her eyes beams brightly in the foggy landscape.

Excellent. You still have far to go, but you are still strong in your own right. As you may have guessed, this power is connected with your power, but not in the way you have been using it. There is so much more to the power of the Gods than changing to weight of the world. Observe.

Default Broken by the Viking Heiress (Part II):

An unassuming rival staggers toward them. He is unaware that Maxana is there, but can see Mlvas just fine. Calmly, Mlvas punches him in the chest. Once again, the man explodes into little specks, which begin revolving his fist in three orbits according to color.

This power allows you to kill a man's spirit as all as his body, and his essence, to use him as a weapon to kill his brothers with devastating force.

His essence? Does he mean his DNA, molecules and all that good stuff? If so, he can manipulate strong and weak nuclear force. Not that he would understand the fundamentals of nuclear physics, but really, who does? Still, it seems a little...much. Why not just stab him and be done with it. "Does that not seem to be a little extreme? Why not just render him unconscious and move on?"

He sighs. Not an angry it impatient sigh, but one of a parent before explaining something that a child will need to know in life. And in his eyes, this is something she will need to know. One does not simply defeat a man by rendering him inert. To truly defeat your enemy, you must kill him, until there is nothing left for even Hela to toy with.

She just cannot grasp this concept. It seems so unnecessary and inhuman to manipulate an enemy like this. She is...willing to consider killing a person if her life was absolutely in dire straits. But she does not want to do it this way. "But why not? The result is the same; they can longer trifle with my goal."

If your goal is to allow your enemies to live so they can have another shot at killing you, then you are right. Make no mistake, little one, your enemies will not hesitate in killing in and moving on to the next. In war, it is kill or be killed.

She frowns. She...is not a soldier. She is not fighting in a war. All she wants to do is free her Grandfather from the Gulag, and free her city from Volkov's clutches. There is no need for her to do any killing, except what is necessary, which is, realistically Volkov and his two right hand (wo)men. Shaking her head slowly, she looks down and says, "I do not wish to fight this way."

He looks at her with bemused curiosity. Then, with a patient sigh, he shakes his head. It matters little whether you wish to do something or not. The world is a deadly place that can and will force you to do things someone like you would never consider doing. Doing this will give you an extra edge in battle, which, unless I am mistaken, is something you desperately need.

Her head jerks upward, her eyes staring into his with stark shock. How did he know about Volkov? Or, is that truly what he was talking about? Could he somehow know about her ruminations following her fights with the Fae and the Swordsman?

But how? He is nothing more than a glimpse into her families' past; he was long dead before even the next generation was born, more than likely.

"I do not know how you came to know that...or what you even meant by it, but..." Regardless of what he is talking about, he is right. She has been thinking about expanding her powerset to gain a little more significant oomph to her attacks. This, by what he says, is what she is looking for. And it manipulates molecules, so she does not even have to use it on people! She can use the ground, or even the air!

As if sensing a shift in her thinking, he holds his hand out toward her. In his palm, a blue flame-like orb suddenly ignites. The power within the orb pulsates against the air like... like nothing she has ever felt before. Come close and place your hand within mind.

Tentative at first, she inhales sharply and does so. As his hand closes over hers, her golden aura flares involuntarily. The blue flaming orb engulfs their hands, shining brightly in the murky fog. Just then, his power transfers to her, flooding her senses and filling her every crevice. It feels like a thousand red hot knives are stabbing into her, twisting and writhing into the bloody wounds. She screams, tears flowing down her cheeks.

Slowly, but surely, his cerulean aura flows into her golden aura and snuffs it out. Like an inferno exploding to life, his aura enfolds her as well. With that, it is done.

He lets out a tired sigh and releases her hand, allowing her to fall to the ground in an ungraceful heap.

She... feels much... freer than she did before, as if something that she has been keeping hidden deep inside has been unlocked. She stands tall, letting the new cerulean power flow through her. She does not know what has changed, thinking wise, but... she likes it.

Mlvas glances down at her. Despite having transferred power to her, he does not appear to be winded by any stretch. Well, little one, how do you feel?

"I feel... better. Like something has been unleashed in me, and I like it."

He laughs, the same booming laugh that still rattles her bones. Well then, let us continue the battle anew then!

An excited smile spreads across her lips, and she draws her swords. "Yes, let's!"

He says nothing, but cradles her in his arms gently.

He's not as worried as he should be about the sudden shift in her health.. And if she was in danger, he would feel it, connected to her as he was.. No this was something different, wasn't it?

He brushed the sweat stained hair out of her face and frowned, hoping he wasn't wrong. It may feel like that, but he wasn't an expert. Should she get even a little worse, he'd take her Iriesia or Eisen.
    A cerulean aura suddenly explodes around Maxana for several moments before dying down.

A cerulean aura suddenly explodes around Maxana for several moments before dying down.
    Well. That was interesting.

He frowned. That was definitely not what he'd have expected, but at least she wasn't sick. Or at least, he didn't think so.

He just waited for her to wake up.