Page 207 of 708 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10619
  1. #3091
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    While her barrier manages to reflect the crescent back at him, it barely manages to hold. Cracks spider-webbing from the point of impact.

    When she fires off a crescent of electricity, he deflects it with his own sword. The edge of which seemed to distort the air around it.
    She eyes the cracks in the glass with a sigh. "Not good, that."

    This is really not going to go over very well. Cannot waste any time arsing about with test shots. Time to bring out her big guns.

    Her eyes glow and gravitic energies swirl about in its chest as a gravity well opens inside its ribcage. At the same time, an emerald stake shoots out of the ground directly under him.

  2. #3092
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She eyes the cracks in the glass with a sigh. "Not good, that."

    This is really not going to go over very well. Cannot waste any time arsing about with test shots. Time to bring out her big guns.

    Her eyes glow and gravitic energies swirl about in its chest as a gravity well opens inside its ribcage. At the same time, an emerald stake shoots out of the ground directly under him.
    The gravity seems to distort its form slightly, and he appears to be in pain, but as the emerald spike shoots out of the ground, he steps out of the way, breaking it with a flick of his sword.

    Before he can reply with another swing of its scythe however, Casimir shoots out of the wrecked building and blindsides it, knocking it off balance and opening it up for an attack.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  3. #3093
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    The gravity seems to distort its form slightly, and he appears to be in pain, but as the emerald spike shoots out of the ground, he steps out of the way, breaking it with a flick of his sword.

    Before he can reply with another swing of its scythe however, Casimir shoots out of the wrecked building and blindsides it, knocking it off balance and opening it up for an attack.
    So, that actually proved useful, somewhat. Good to keep in mind as a possible finisher. She also pretty much figured the stake would not work right way, but she has something in store for him. She just needs to get him inside the circle.

    As Casimir explodes out if the debris and slams into it, she smiles approvingly. Gathering the remaining bioelectricity she gathered from the Fae, she looses it in the form if a massive blue and white beam, aimed directly for its chest.

  4. #3094
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, that actually proved useful, somewhat. Good to keep in mind as a possible finisher. She also pretty much figured the stake would not work right way, but she has something in store for him. She just needs to get him inside the circle.

    As Casimir explodes out if the debris and slams into it, she smiles approvingly. Gathering the remaining bioelectricity she gathered from the Fae, she looses it in the form if a massive blue and white beam, aimed directly for its chest.
    After regaining his balance, the swordsman drops his sword and grabs Casimir by the face. After slamming him into the ground he looks up to see the beam headed his way.

    Grinning, he picks Casimir up and holds him in the path of the beam.
    _

    Still struggling Casimir can't break the grip of the swordsman before being struck in the back by the beam.

    Despite the pain, he realizes it for what it is, and amplifies it, so when it passes through him, it strikes the swordsman with enough force to break his grip and cause him to stagger backwards. His chest now charred and cracked from the heat.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  5. #3095
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    After regaining his balance, the swordsman drops his sword and grabs Casimir by the face. After slamming him into the ground he looks up to see the beam headed his way.

    Grinning, he picks Casimir up and holds him in the path of the beam.
    _

    Still struggling Casimir can't break the grip of the swordsman before being struck in the back by the beam.

    Despite the pain, he realizes it for what it is, and amplifies it, so when it passes through him, it strikes the swordsman with enough force to break his grip and cause him to stagger backwards. His chest now charred and cracked from the heat.
    She feels every one of her muscles, including the ones she did not even know she had, clench tightly when the beam struck Casimir. Only when the beam passes through him and strikes the creature does she realize what happened.

    Bloody brilliant, that. Completely done on purpose, too.

    No time to rest on her laurels, though. Preferring to give Skye a chance to worsen the damage to the chest, Maxana launches another emerald shard at good speed to pierce its back as it stumbles back.

  6. #3096
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She feels every one of her muscles, including the ones she did not even know she had, clench tightly when the beam struck Casimir. Only when the beam passes through him and strikes the creature does she realize what happened.

    Bloody brilliant, that. Completely done on purpose, too.

    No time to rest on her laurels, though. Preferring to give Skye a chance to worsen the damage to the chest, Maxana launches another emerald shard at good speed to pierce its back as it stumbles back.
    Which connects, but fails to break the skin.
    ____

    Having been released after hitting it with the amplified lightning, Casimir took a second to catch his breath.

    Then, digging his feet into the broken pavement, he launched himself into the swordsman with force enough to drive the emerald spike into its back.

    Much to the anger of the swordsman. In pain, it lashed out wildly and batted Casimir into the pavement. The force of the strike shattering windows, and cratering the ground around them for several meters.

    Then pulling itself free of the spike, it turned its attention to Max, and loosed off several crescents of energy.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  7. #3097
    Witch WickedElphaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    OOC: Sorry, early night!

    Skye leaps into the fray with the others. As she arrives, she shifts into steel and slams her body against the enemy, using her gift to make sure the thing's sword isn't swung to meet her as she body checks it with the force of a fully loaded hover barge.

  8. #3098
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    OOC: Sorry, early night!

    Skye leaps into the fray with the others. As she arrives, she shifts into steel and slams her body against the enemy, using her gift to make sure the thing's sword isn't swung to meet her as she body checks it with the force of a fully loaded hover barge.
    The body check manages to crack his chest cavity even more, and knocks it several yards back.

    Regaining its composure, the swordsman looks at Skye and swings it's scythe, sending another crescent of the same black energy her way.

    OOC: No worries.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  9. #3099
    Witch WickedElphaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    The body check manages to crack his chest cavity even more, and knocks it several yards back.

    Regaining its composure, the swordsman looks at Skye and swings it's scythe, sending another crescent of the same black energy her way.

    OOC: No worries.
    Moving at high speeds, Skye manages to dodge all but the tail end of the energy, but this is enough to send her spinning into the air and landing with a loud thump. From her place on the ground, she spits blood and says "Eat lightning, chump."

    And the skies open up and rain down hell upon the swordsman while no one is close to it. A bolt of lightning the width of a house descends onto him with a deafening clap of thunder.

  10. #3100
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Which connects, but fails to break the skin.
    ____

    Having been released after hitting it with the amplified lightning, Casimir took a second to catch his breath.

    Then, digging his feet into the broken pavement, he launched himself into the swordsman with force enough to drive the emerald spike into its back.

    Much to the anger of the swordsman. In pain, it lashed out wildly and batted Casimir into the pavement. The force of the strike shattering windows, and cratering the ground around them for several meters.

    Then pulling itself free of the spike, it turned its attention to Max, and loosed off several crescents of energy.
    Maxana shoots up into the air to avoid the crescents. To her relief, Skye jumps into the fray and strikes him with a massive thunderbolt. Maxana adds her own lightning bolt, striking him in the exact same spot as Skye, thereabouts.

  11. #3101
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Moving at high speeds, Skye manages to dodge all but the tail end of the energy, but this is enough to send her spinning into the air and landing with a loud thump. From her place on the ground, she spits blood and says "Eat lightning, chump."

    And the skies open up and rain down hell upon the swordsman while no one is close to it. A bolt of lightning the width of a house descends onto him with a deafening clap of thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maxana shoots up into the air to avoid the crescents. To her relief, Skye jumps into the fray and strikes him with a massive thunderbolt. Maxana adds her own lightning bolt, striking him in the exact same spot as Skye, thereabouts.
    As the lightning connects with the swordsman, Casimir forces himself to his feet and dashes forward to grab it by the neck. As the lightning courses through the two of them, he amplifies it, forcing the swordsman to his knees.

    When it ends, Casimir releases his hold and staggers away to give the girls the chance to attack, his armor a complete ruin.

    The Swordsman however, is a smoking mess, its skin blackened and cracked, and its chest cavity completely exposed to reveal a glowing blue organ where its heart should be. Still, it rises to its feet and begins swinging his scythe and strange sword, releasing shockwaves and crescents of dark energy.

    One of the crescent catches Casimir in the midsection and almost cuts through his armor before exploding and launching him through another building.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  12. #3102
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles post!
    Posts
    39,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I...I don't know. He...Artemis told me that it had the powers to turn the tides of wars."

    With each question answered, a thousand more sprang forth. Why was the very weapon he drew power from used to seal him and why did the sword take residence in her now?

    "Is there anything else you can tell me, Lady Tabia?"

    The question was more of a plea, for she hoped that the queen could relieve her of this confusion before she grew mad from these ancient mysteries.
    "The sword is an instrument. While it does draw upon darker, negative, emotions, it is not inherently evil. Very few things in existence are. Do not be alarmed by it. It cannot harm you, as you are its weilder. I suspect that it was turned against Lunarius as an act of irony by thsoe who came here to stop him, that the weapon he worked so hard for would be his own downfall."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

    Wins on CBR

  13. #3103
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles post!
    Posts
    39,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Seems to be a running theme going. 'How long ago was this? Had to be before the Great Final War.'
    'Long ago, in another place that is not a place anymore.'
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

    Wins on CBR

  14. #3104
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles post!
    Posts
    39,774

    Default

    The dawn broke, and they all met outside after breakfast (including Boss), awaiting Father Jacob's 'ride'. Jacob just smiled and waited patiently, staring at the sunrise, humming something under his breathe.

    Tabia grinned slightly, leaning against a broken pillar nearby.

    "Be patient, everyone, and watch."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

    Wins on CBR

  15. #3105
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    As the lightning connects with the swordsman, Casimir forces himself to his feet and dashes forward to grab it by the neck. As the lightning courses through the two of them, he amplifies it, forcing the swordsman to his knees.

    When it ends, Casimir releases his hold and staggers away to give the girls the chance to attack, his armor a complete ruin.

    The Swordsman however, is a smoking mess, its skin blackened and cracked, and its chest cavity completely exposed to reveal a glowing blue organ where its heart should be. Still, it rises to its feet and begins swinging his scythe and strange sword, releasing shockwaves and crescents of dark energy.

    One of the crescent catches Casimir in the midsection and almost cuts through his armor before exploding and launching him through another building.
    She glances worryingly at the building Casimir was just launched through, then glares at the creature. She spots the glowing organ and grins.

    Before she can do anything, however, several quarter-sized beams of red light strike the blue organ, each one exploding as the next one hits.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •