Page 197 of 708 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 10619
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Well.. as long as you know about it..." He trailed off. "Yeah, just making sure there won't be any problems or another accident."
    "Right. I'm assuming Max's suit is a sturdy as mine is, so I won't worry about her as much as I normally would. What kind of exercise will this be?"

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    As Max comes in, Skye shifts into metal form. Not for protection, but because it slows her down.

Heightened Speed Max is more difficult to assess. Coupled with her own reduced quickness, Skye barely has time to parry the right and side step the left.

With a nod, she steps back in and performs a series of strikes, each parryable but leaving Maxana little room to initiate an attack.
    With her heighten reaction speed, and Skye's lowered speed, Skye's strikes become much easier for Maxana to either block or parry. Finding an opportunity to get a strike in, she parries Skye's incoming strike with her right sword, and sends a strike of her own in with her free sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With her heighten reaction speed, and Skye's lowered speed, Skye's strikes become much easier for Maxana to either block or parry. Finding an opportunity to get a strike in, she parries Skye's incoming strike with her right sword, and sends a strike of her own in with her free sword.
    Skye steadies herself and punches Max's incoming attack with her free hand. She steps back and says "Sorry, sorry. Instinct!" She assumes another defensive pose.

Skye steadies herself and punches Max's incoming attack with her free hand. She steps back and says "Sorry, sorry. Instinct!" She assumes another defensive pose.
    OOC: Wait, she punched her sword? O_o

IC: Maxana reels back after having her attack swatted away. Sighing, and then steeling herself, she launches another volley of rapid strikes coming in at all angles.

"Right. I'm assuming Max's suit is a sturdy as mine is, so I won't worry about her as much as I normally would. What kind of exercise will this be?"
    "It is." He nodded. "And it'll be a live simulation. We'll be fighting in a city, to simulate urban combat, and each of us will be fighting something about equal to us. Maybe a little tougher..."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

OOC: Wait, she punched her sword? O_o

IC: Maxana reels back after having her attack swatted away. Sighing, and then steeling herself, she launches another volley of rapid strikes coming in at all angles.
    OOC: Yep Remember she's in steel form herself.

IC: Skye revels at the attacks, deflecting each skillfully. She didn't know that Max had what seemed to be professional training. Still, as good as Max was, Skye had been doing this for years.

It was time to step it up.

In a circular motion, Skye flicks at Max, knocking one sword out of her hand. Once it's one blade against another, Skye begins a series of motions meant to overwhelm Max's defenses and force her to do nothing but block. Again and again, Skye comes at her relentlessly, waiting for Max to slip up for her chance to strike the killing blow.

"It is." He nodded. "And it'll be a live simulation. We'll be fighting in a city, to simulate urban combat, and each of us will be fighting something about equal to us. Maybe a little tougher..."
    Finally, a challenge. Beating up on Casimir is fun and all, but fighting someone on her level will be a true benchmark test. "Looking forward to it. I'm assuming it'll be one on one, as opposed to a team fight."

OOC: Yep Remember she's in steel form herself.

IC: Skye revels at the attacks, deflecting each skillfully. She didn't know that Max had what seemed to be professional training. Still, as good as Max was, Skye had been doing this for years.

It was time to step it up.

In a circular motion, Skye flicks at Max, knocking one sword out of her hand. Once it's one blade against another, Skye begins a series of motions meant to overwhelm Max's defenses and force her to do nothing but block. Again and again, Skye comes at her relentlessly, waiting for Max to slip up for her chance to strike the killing blow.
    OOC: So like Wolverine trying to stab Superman with his claws. Sharp enough to cut him, but not strong enough to actually do it?

IC: Maxana is quickly overwhelmed by Skye's sudden and relentless retaliation. And without her second sword, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to launch a counterattack. And since she is so busy trying to keep Skye from breaking through her defense, she cannot mentally manipulate her other sword, which she could use to attack Skye from behind.

Drat, and double drat!

The only thing she can do is stand tall and stick her foot forward to try and trip Skye while she steps forward.

Finally, a challenge. Beating up on Casimir is fun and all, but fighting someone on her level will be a true benchmark test. "Looking forward to it. I'm assuming it'll be one on one, as opposed to a team fight."
    "Sort of. I figure no one of us is going to be able to beat our match up alone, unless you're good at on the fly planning. I mean we all probably could. Bit I doubt easily." He smiled.

"Sort of. I figure no one of us is going to be able to beat our match up alone, unless you're good at on the fly planning. I mean we all probably could. Bit I doubt easily." He smiled.
    She chuckles. "Well, considering your track record at, well, everything having to do with fighting, we'd better fight as a team."

Maxana is quickly overwhelmed by Skye's sudden and relentless retaliation. And without her second sword, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to launch a counterattack. And since she is so busy trying to keep Skye from breaking through her defense, she cannot mentally manipulate her other sword, which she could use to attack Skye from behind.

Drat, and double drat!

The only thing she can do is stand tall and stick her foot forward to try and trip Skye while she steps forward.
    Skye notices Max's foot too late to stop herself from advancing into it, and a soft crack is heard upon contact. The stab of pain shoots through Max, which distracts her long enough for Skye to press the advantage. She bats away Max's sword and pushes forward, knocking Max on her back. She holds the tip of STABBY near Max's throat.

After, she grimaces "Sorry about the foot!" Skye says.

She chuckles. "Well, considering your track record at, well, everything having to do with fighting, we'd better fight as a team."
    He grins. "You should know then, that short of having my heart forcibly removed, I'll keep fighting." He paused. "I doubt fighting as a team will work at first either. We'll be starting at different points in the city."

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Dammit!" He turns to chase after her, if he can even see her.
    By the time he turned around, Irie was nowhere to be found.

[ooc]Anyone able to notice her (detailed in the discussion thread somewhere) would note, just before she went out of detection range, that she was headed somewhere southeast.

Edit: It was kinda back there, so here it is again:

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    If he caught her before she went stealth (less than a second after she left), he's fine.

Assuming that's not the case, Speed 10 isn't going to help him at all, as he's not among those with applicable anti-stealth (Casimir's suits (maybe), Eisen's precognition (maybe), Rivia's Pyromancy (maybe) and Clairvoyance, Robert's I'm Right Here (maybe), Skye's Sense Metal, and Mack's Zephyrkinesis (only when she's not in Dance of Fiere and Raine)).

A minute from that point (conservatively), she will have completely escaped the range of any applicable sensing ability, aside from the ones that predict the future and possibly the stealth suit.

Remember, while she has a reaction speed of 3, she has a travel speed- via hydrokinesis- that can be equal to her water stat (30) in speed normally.

Anyway, I'll be out for at least an hour.
    [/ooc]
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 11-23-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Skye notices Max's foot too late to stop herself from advancing into it, and a soft crack is heard upon contact. The stab of pain shoots through Max, which distracts her long enough for Skye to press the advantage. She bats away Max's sword and pushes forward, knocking Max on her back. She holds the tip of STABBY near Max's throat.

After, she grimaces "Sorry about the foot!" Skye says.
    Maxana hisses in pain and massages her sprained foot. It is a good thing her suit is so tough, and absorbed most of the impact, or it could have been a lot worse.

Nodding slowly, she sighs, and calls her swords back to her, one of which accidentally nicks Skye's arm, which is totally an accident.

"So, how did I do?"

He grins. "You should know then, that short of having my heart forcibly removed, I'll keep fighting." He paused. "I doubt fighting as a team will work at first either. We'll be starting at different points in the city."
    "Figured. Well, as long as I have something pretty to look at while I'm kicking ass, I'm good." Glancing over, she sees Skye standing over Max. "Look like they're done."

Maxana hisses in pain and massages her sprained foot. It is a good thing her suit is so tough, and absorbed most of the impact, or it could have been a lot worse.

Nodding slowly, she sighs, and calls her swords back to her, one of which accidentally nicks Skye's arm, which is totally an accident.
    Skye smirks at Max as the sword grazes Skye. She turns back to flesh and says "You did great! I didn't know you were that good with a sword." Skye looks down and notices a small gash in the knuckle of her glove where she punched the sword. She rubs her finger over it and seals the hole.

"What's next?" Skye asks the others.

Skye smirks at Max as the sword grazes Skye. She turns back to flesh and says "You did great! I didn't know you were that good with a sword." Skye looks down and notices a small gash in the knuckle of her glove where she punched the sword. She rubs her finger over it and seals the hole.

OOC: This is for what Olivia did to Kyle

IC: "Thank you," she says with a smile, "my Grandfather taught me quite well, and it was just a matter of digging up what he told me."

As for what's next, one thing had to be done first. "For now, I need to borrow a little juice from you to heal my foot."

"So, how did I do?"

"Figured. Well, as long as I have something pretty to look at while I'm kicking ass, I'm good." Glancing over, she sees Skye standing over Max. "Look like they're done."

"Next is pain." Casimir said while pushing himself off the ground. "I'd suggest healing up any cuts and bruises before I start the exercise. Might need it." He smiled.