Page 123 of 708 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She cooes softly, clearly enjoying his work.

"Mmm, what do you know about subatomic particles? Particularly particles and their antiparticles." If he glances over to the bedside table, he would see the book she has been reading for the last four days.
    "Now what's got you interested in that?" He asks with a chuckle.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Now what's got you interested in that?" He asks with a chuckle.
    "Something... It is a secret," she says in a playful tone. "But seriously, I am considering doing something with them."

"Something... It is a secret," she says in a playful tone. "But seriously, I am considering doing something with them."
    "Something dangerous more like." He chuckled. "Tell me what you know already and I'll fill in the gaps."

"Something dangerous more like." He chuckled. "Tell me what you know already and I'll fill in the gaps."
    "Well, I read that strong nuclear force maintains the molecular structure, and weak force maintains the bond between them. I also read that antiparticles, such as antiprotons, positrons and antineutrons are particles of the exact same mass, but the other values are exact opposites. I read that interaction between the particles, matter, and the antiparticles, or antimatter, will result in mass annihilation and radiate energy.

"That is as far as I got in that book over there. Is there anything else you can add."

"Well, I read that strong nuclear force maintains the molecular structure, and weak force maintains the bond between them. I also read that antiparticles, such as antiprotons, positrons and antineutrons are particles of the exact same mass, but the other values are exact opposites. I read that interaction between the particles, matter, and the antiparticles, or antimatter, will result in mass annihilation and radiate energy.

"That is as far as I got in that book over there. Is there anything else you can add."
    "Not bad, that's the gist of it." He stopped massaging her back before he started up again. "The energy output from a particle/antiparticle collision is tremendous. The main problem is containing it. I mean.. antiparticles and antimatter go off when they touch matter. It'd be like trying to contain a fire in a wood box full of hydrogen. That plus the amount of energy it puts out..." Despite the words of caution he was spitting out, she could tell the idea had him excited.

Bloody hell, this is much more titilating than she had first thought. The way he cautioned her rings sort of hollow, however; she can tell he is just as excited about this as she is.

She can see it now. The look on Volkov's face as a wave of pure and utter annihilation surges towards him is priceless.

After he stops, she turns over on her back to face him. He would see a huge, gleeful grin on her face. "My glass should be able to contain it, I think. It is pretty strong. I am going to finish that book, and then I am going to figure out how to make antimatter."

Bloody hell, this is much more titilating than she had first thought. The way he cautioned her rings sort of hollow, however; she can tell he is just as excited about this as she is.

She can see it now. The look on Volkov's face as a wave of pure and utter annihilation surges towards him is priceless.

After he stops, she turns over on her back to face him. He would see a huge, gleeful grin on her face. "My glass should be able to contain it, I think. It is pretty strong. I am going to finish that book, and then I am going to figure out how to make antimatter."
    "Mm. You don't seem to understand the scope of it, do you?" Casimir chuckled again. "As soon as it's made it's going to explode. Your glass may be strong enough to contain the resulting explosion, maybe. You're going to need a vacuum inside the glass with the antimatter suspended in the center." He paused. "Another thing. If you're planning on using the energy it's going to release to destroy things, just be careful, and let me know. One silp and you'll kill everyone."

But the things you could do... "I know how to make it, by the way." He shrugged. "I'm just not able to do it myself."

"Mm. You don't seem to understand the scope of it, do you?" Casimir chuckled again. "As soon as it's made it's going to explode. Your glass may be strong enough to contain the resulting explosion, maybe. You're going to need a vacuum inside the glass with the antimatter suspended in the center." He paused. "Another thing. If you're planning on using the energy it's going to release to destroy things, just be careful, and let me know. One silp and you'll kill everyone."

But the things you could do... "I know how to make it, by the way." He shrugged. "I'm just not able to do it myself."
    She frowns slightly. "Well, yes. By contain, I meant the explosion. This is not something I will be slinging out all willy nilly. I only plan on using the particles and antiparticles as separate sort of attacks, only combining them if and only if the situation calls for it. Like when we fight Volkov."

Sheesh, the way he was talking, it is as if he thought she was going to randomly start pulling Camryn's and start blowing up entire cities during a tantrum or some rubbish like that.

"I will be certain to warn everyone well in advance whenever I feel I need to pull it out. But really, it is just an ace in the hole. If you know how, can you show me the steps to make it?"

Default The Dark Patron: Part Three

For a moment, Rosemary believed she had gone mental. Her words were nothing more that panicked stammering, her eyes welling up with tears as she turned to the other matrons and only found that their amusement in her had faded. They were waiting for her with silent stares, which only made it harder for her to calm down. To wrap her mind over the fact that tradition, hammered in over countless years, had been for nothing felt nearly impossible. Slowly, but surely, the girl found a way to calm down, however. Once she choked down the last bit of anxiety, she looked up to Lilith. "Just....just what is our purpose then?" She wanted to ask more, but it felt like that was the only one she could get out for now.

The first matron's response was to simply point at the black mound near her. "We Matrons are responsible for ensuring that the one trapped within does not escape. That has and always will be our duty." Glancing to the mass of blackened cloth, belts, and chains, Rosemary recalled Artemis speaking about such a man, but was it not only a rumor? "Just who is in there? What kind of person deserves so much punishment that it involves countless generations to deliver?" Lilith gave another smirk, although one might have noticed a bit of sadness within it. "He is the one who ushered in the events that led to the destruction of the Old World by revealing to it the existence of the supernatural and beginning the Esper Wars. The world turned on itself, resulting in the countless deaths. He drew power from the very sorrows his actions brought, while do not know what he planned to do with it, he must never be allowed to find peace from it."

The answer brought forth a wave of dread through her body. To think that she was unaware of this her entire life, and yet she couldn't help but ask. "But why the facade? Why is that we have to fulfill this duty while suffering in isolation?" "Those traditions are the result of the Vargreaves' family greed. Most are simply unaware or too naive to realize that they have to power to escape such bondage, but the only thing that matters is that they do their part for us."

"That's heartless! You would rather countless of your own descendants know not why they suffer for the sake of your so-called justice?!" Rage boiled her blood as she turned to look at the others, growing all the furious by their looks of apathy. "If I am to bare the burden of all this nonsense, then I would rather face this man myself!" Reaching forth, Rosemary took hold of the black sword's hilt, and finding no resistance, pulled it out of the mound. Panicked murmurs rippled through the gathering, and on-by-one, the Matrons vanished until it was only her and Lilith. Paying them no heed as they fled, she turned her gaze to the dark blade. Like a poison, she felt a sickening dread fill her soul, yet at the same time drawn in and comforted by its power. "If this sword is as powerful as Artemis said it was, then perhaps I have a chance." "Artemis you say? Is that the name he went under this time?" Lilith's words took a moment to pierce through the girl's sudden fascination with the weapon she now held. Something in the back of her mind was screaming that this wasn't right, but the power was too intoxicating. "What do you mean?" Glancing up, she found that the first Matron's visage had grown serious, much like a mothering watching her child do something foolish with the set of mind that the offspring would simply have to face the consequences and learn the hard way. "He is known by many names; in fact, I first knew him simply as the Man with White Gloves. Simply put, my dear, you've already met the man imprisoned here, and you didn't even know it. You played the part of the rebellious hero while unaware that he was pulling all the strings needed to make you into his little puppet."

A rustle of cloth and a clatter of chains caught her attention with a startle, and with it, she saw that the mound was empty and now nothing more than a pile of bindings. "Prepare yourself child, for the consequences that await you. You must back up your words and face our Dark Patron, or else he will consume you."
    With a jerk and shriek, Rosemary awoke in a thick coat of sweat. Her heart hammered through her chest as she gasped for air. Terror and dread filled her core as the memories of her dreams replayed in her mind, leaving her unable to do nothing but hug her knees as she tried to think her way through this.

As Rosemary vanished, Lilith found herself alone once more, or so she thought. The lone exception was the old cat, Jasper, who had accompanied the foolish girl, although the first matron saw through the disguise. "You have always been a meddlesome brat, and I have no doubts that it was you who led her to such a foolish action. Let's just hope that this gamble of yours doesn't back fire."
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    With a jerk and shriek, Rosemary awoke in a thick coat of sweat. Her heart hammered through her chest as she gasped for air. Terror and dread filled her core as the memories of her dreams replayed in her mind, leaving her unable to do nothing but hug her knees as she tried to think her way through this.
    In the depths of his dream, where there was naught but ashes and death, Sloane heard Rose's scream.

That was much more horrifying than anything he could imagine.

"Urggh..." His eyes forced themselves open as he fell back from the bedside, giving him a bit of a shock before he looked up at Rose.

Wha-

His vision cleared quickly, in time for him to see the fear and desperation in her eyes.

"What's goin' on?" He scrabbled to his feet, numbly trying to figure out a way to soothe Rose's anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    In the depths of his dream, where there was naught but ashes and death, Sloane heard Rose's scream.

That was much more horrifying than anything he could imagine.

"Urggh..." His eyes forced themselves open as he fell back from the bedside, giving him a bit of a shock before he looked up at Rose.

Wha-

His vision cleared quickly, in time for him to see the fear and desperation in her eyes.

"What's goin' on?" He scrabbled to his feet, numbly trying to figure out a way to soothe Rose's anxiety.
    As her mind readjusted to being fully conscious, her body began to relax and by the time Sloane had approached her, her heartbeat had calmed down a good deal. "It was just a nightmare." She replied, a part of her wishing it was true. Through groggy eyes, she glanced to the time, finding that she had been asleep for nearly an entire day. Unknowingly, Rosemary had missed the group meeting Eisen had summoned and in part, the plans made.

"Is...is Rivia and Max all right?" She asked Sloane, hoping that there hadn't been any negative side-effects from dealing with Cas' other side.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As her mind readjusted to being fully conscious, her body began to relax and by the time Sloane had approached her, her heartbeat had calmed down a good deal. "It was just a nightmare." She replied, a part of her wishing it was true. Through groggy eyes, she glanced to the time, finding that she had been asleep for nearly an entire day. Unknowingly, Rosemary had missed the group meeting Eisen had summoned and in part, the plans made.

"Is...is Rivia and Max all right?" She asked Sloane, hoping that there hadn't been any negative side-effects from dealing with Cas' other side.
    "Okay." Sloane sat down beside her, amazed at how fast she recovered. "Yes, they're alright. They didn't get messed up from the fight, at least as far as I can tell."

He clenched his jaw, uncertain of what to say or do next.

"Was the nightmare related to the... y'know, Matron thing?" The words tumbled out of his mouth.

She frowns slightly. "Well, yes. By contain, I meant the explosion. This is not something I will be slinging out all willy nilly. I only plan on using the particles and antiparticles as separate sort of attacks, only combining them if and only if the situation calls for it. Like when we fight Volkov."

Sheesh, the way he was talking, it is as if he thought she was going to randomly start pulling Camryn's and start blowing up entire cities during a tantrum or some rubbish like that.

"I will be certain to warn everyone well in advance whenever I feel I need to pull it out. But really, it is just an ace in the hole. If you know how, can you show me the steps to make it?"
    "I hope you don't need to use this on Volkov. You'd take out the building we were in with with a piece the size of a grain of sand." He smiled. "Really high grade explosive material, you know."

Well, it was nice to see her take an interest in this sort of thing. Out of everything else she could have taken an interest in, it wasn't the worst either. She could've taken up collecting strange things, or murder... or juggling.

I mean really, why would someone even do that? At the very least juggle grenades or something to make it interesting.

He shook his head and chuckled. "Yes, I can explain it to you. But I don't know if I will. He teased.

"I hope you don't need to use this on Volkov. You'd take out the building we were in with with a piece the size of a grain of sand." He smiled. "Really high grade explosive material, you know."

Well, it was nice to see her take an interest in this sort of thing. Out of everything else she could have taken an interest in, it wasn't the worst either. She could've taken up collecting strange things, or murder... or juggling.

I mean really, why would someone even do that? At the very least juggle grenades or something to make it interesting.

He shook his head and chuckled. "Yes, I can explain it to you. But I don't know if I will. He teased.
    She nods prudently at his warning. Right, taking out a building is most definitely a had thing. Which will back control a vital element when she manages to get this down.

"Is that so," she looks up at him with a smirk. "And why is that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Do you guys really have that much of a bad impression of me?"
    Skye shakes her head. "Robert, to be clear, I think you're very good at what you do. I just don't think what you do is needed for this mission."