Page 119 of 708 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 10619

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Fluss turned to Eisen with a look of utter panic. "What do I do?"

"Play," Eisen said.

"But I've never played before!" Fluss said. "I don't know how."

Eisen smiled. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Fluss turned at Chloe, looking shy all of a sudden. "Um... Okay?"
    The Faerie seemed very happy, flying upward then down again. She then silently summoned her little brother and her two sisters, Lucien, Félicité and Gisèle. In Félicité's tiny hands was a ball of solid light. Gisèle wrote in the air, "We will show you game we play, Chase and Seek. One throws ball, we race to catch it. One who throws ball controls it, must keep from being caught. Once caught, new game. You go first." She then hands the ball to Fluss.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Faerie seemed very happy, flying upward then down again. She then silently summoned her little brother and her two sisters, Lucien, Félicité and Gisèle. In Félicité's tiny hands was a ball of solid light. Gisèle wrote in the air, "We will show you game we play, Chase and Seek. One throws ball, we race to catch it. One who throws ball controls it, must keep from being caught. Once caught, new game. You go first." She then hands the ball to Fluss.
    "Okay," Fluss said. "Okay, I can do that."

Though she still looked nervous, she took the ball of light in her hands. Taking a few moments to focus, she raised her hands and threw it.

"Wait! she then said said. "How do it control the baaall!?"
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Day 5, later that day:

It has been a few hours since Maxana and Casimir began their personal foreign language course. The holographic images of the casually dressed man and woman hover harmlessly in the center of the bedroom. "Okay students, let us work on something a wee bit more advance," the man says. "Repeat after me: Il est trois heures" The words 'The time is three o'clock' float across the ceiling as Maxana repeats what he said.

"Il est trois heures.....Il est trois heures....Il est trois heures... okay, I think I got it. The time is three o'clock, Il est trois heures."

She taps that into her tablet and sighs. "There is so much th remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Day 5, later that day:

It has been a few hours since Maxana and Casimir began their personal foreign language course. The holographic images of the casually dressed man and woman hover harmlessly in the center of the bedroom. "Okay students, let us work on something a wee bit more advance," the man says. "Repeat after me: Il est trois heures" The words 'The time is three o'clock' float across the ceiling as Maxana repeats what he said.

"Il est trois heures.....Il est trois heures....Il est trois heures... okay, I think I got it. The time is three o'clock, Il est trois heures."

She taps that into her tablet and sighs. "There is so much to remember."
    Casimir sighs heavily. This was going rather slowly, he couldn't be too upset though, Max had wanted to learn all of this with him.
    He'd downloaded a french holobook and was reading ahead when he could... He'd already made it about a halfway through the holobook, and was more than a little pleased at the rate he'd managed to pick it up.

So when the holographic man says 'repeat after me.' He replies, slightly annoyed, with; "Oui, oui, il est trois heures. Pouvons-nous nous déplacer sur?"

Looking at Max he smiles. "It is a lot to take in. I think we're doing good though."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Though she still looked nervous, she took the ball of light in her hands. Taking a few moments to focus, she raised her hands and threw it.

"Tell Ball where to go. It listens to you." As the fairies scattered, chasing after ball.

"Tell Ball where to go. It listens to you." As the fairies scattered, chasing after ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir sighs heavily. This was going rather slowly, he couldn't be too upset though, Max had wanted to learn all of this with him.

He'd downloaded a french holobook and was reading ahead when he could... He'd already made it about a halfway through the holobook, and was more than a little pleased at the rate he'd managed to pick it up.

So when the holographic man says 'repeat after me.' He replies, slightly annoyed, with; "Oui, oui, il est trois heures. Pouvons-nous nous déplacer sur?"

Looking at Max he smiles. "It is a lot to take in. I think we're doing good though."
    She frowns when he sighs. This must be going terribly slowly for him. But she is happy that he still wants to learn it with her.

"Oui, nous faisons très bien, l'amour," she says, not at all like a native speaker. She had been using her internal bioelectric conversion to boost her mental speed, so that she could pick this up a little more quickly. It works, she can remember a lot more much more quickly, but it only lasts a minute or so.

After another hour of basic sayings, the woman speaks up this time. "Okay, mes amis, see if you can follow this one: "Mes amis et moi souvent prendre le train après-midi pour regarder le match de football." Fortunately, the translation, 'My friends and I frequently catch the train to watch the football match' scrolls across the ceiling, as well as the French saying above it.

After struggling with it a few times, Maxana flaps triumphantly when she finally gets it. "I think...in a few more weeks, we may be able to hold an entire conversation in French."

She frowns when he sighs. This must be going terribly slowly for him. But she is happy that he still wants to learn it with her.

"Oui, nous faisons très bien, l'amour," she says, not at all like a native speaker. She had been using her internal bioelectric conversion to boost her mental speed, so that she could pick this up a little more quickly. It works, she can remember a lot more much more quickly, but it only lasts a minute or so.

After another hour of basic sayings, the woman speaks up this time. "Okay, mes amis, see if you can follow this one: "Mes amis et moi souvent prendre le train après-midi pour regarder le match de football." Fortunately, the translation, 'My friends and I frequently catch the train to watch the football match' scrolls across the ceiling, as well as the French saying above it.

After struggling with it a few times, Maxana flaps triumphantly when she finally gets it. "I think...in a few more weeks, we may be able to hold an entire conversation in French."
    Another hour goes by, and he's managed to pretty much finish the holobook. So he began listening to the hololesson a little more avidly. To his annoyance.

.. Well, he'd at least learned a lot in the time they'd been studying. Still didn't change the fact that he was bored. So very, very bored. But what was this, it seems the lady hologram wanted him to repeat something a little more complex.. Which would have been nice two hours ago, when he was still starting the holobook.

He mutters something under his breath before responding to the hologram with; "Je vais vous battre avec un ballon de football, madame." When Max gets it he smiles. She was picking it up much faster than he'd thought she would. Which was leagues better than not at all..

He scoffed playfully, and takes on a French accent. "We don't have weeks, mon amour." Twirling an invisible mustache, he proceeds to tickle her.

Another hour goes by, and he's managed to pretty much finish the holobook. So he began listening to the hololesson a little more avidly. To his annoyance.

.. Well, he'd at least learned a lot in the time they'd been studying. Still didn't change the fact that he was bored. So very, very bored. But what was this, it seems the lady hologram wanted him to repeat something a little more complex.. Which would have been nice two hours ago, when he was still starting the holobook.

He mutters something under his breath before responding to the hologram with; "Je vais vous battre avec un ballon de football, madame." When Max gets it he smiles. She was picking it up much faster than he'd thought she would. Which was leagues better than not at all..

He scoffed playfully, and takes on a French accent. "We don't have weeks, mon amour." Twirling an invisible mustache, he proceeds to tickle her.
    Inbetween giddy giggles, Maxana manages to reach over and pause the lesson before straddling Casimir to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Now you are in trouble for disrupting class, young man," she says with mock authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "We may need to in the end. I don't know about you, but giving him a fair fight is just asking for trouble." Sloane added.
    Cammy nodded somberly. She squeezed Skye's hand, "We're going to Eden to kill him, not to fight him."

Nodding, she says, "True, there should be at least one place where we can catch him alone. The hard part, of course, is getting into Eden without them knowing. Unless I misheard Mithisar, there is no way to breach the dome without controlling the Jovian Sphere power."
    Cammy's free hand curled into a fist, "We need to find out how it's powered. My first thought is Gulag too, but we can't just assume."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy's free hand curled into a fist, "We need to find out how it's powered. My first thought is Gulag too, but we can't just assume."
    She nods slowly. "While I am not sure she knows, we should ask Tabia. Barring that, we may find the answer when we investigate that airship."

Inbetween giddy giggles, Maxana manages to reach over and pause the lesson before straddling Casimir to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Now you are in trouble for disrupting class, young man," she says with mock authority.
    He struggles playfully, tickling her in between his own laughter he, still using the horrible french accent he says; "You have no power here. Je ne renoncerai volonté jamais à. Vive la résistance!"

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Well, no, but it feels like you keep things from me."
    "Like what?"

She moves to sit on her bed, and motions for him to do the same.

"We still have time before anything really happens, so here's your chance. To ask me about the things you feel I keep from you that is, though if you change mind about other things- and I know you won't- that's on the table too."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "They have more important things to worry about now than me."
    "What's more important than helping one's friends? Especially when there's nothing that can really be done for two more days?"
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

He struggles playfully, tickling her in between his own laughter he, still using the horrible french accent he says; "You have no power here. Je ne renoncerai volonté jamais à. Vive la résistance!"
    "No power, hmm?" She grabs his wrists and pins them above his head. "We will see about that." With a grin full of 'evil' intentions, she begins to nip and kiss playfully at his neck.

"By the way, I think we can celebrate my birthday now. What was that surprise you had for me?"

"No power, hmm?" She grabs his wrists and pins them above his head. "We will see about that." With a grin full of 'evil' intentions, she begins to nip and kiss playfully at his neck.

"By the way, I think we can celebrate my birthday now. What was that surprise you had for me?"
    "Oh can we?" He smiles up at her. "Well... I may or may not have made you something with a little ingenuity and a lot of tampering. How d'you feel about invisibility?"