Page 112 of 708 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 10619
  1. #1666
    Summer Lady Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    38,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At last, back at full power again! Time to pay this bastard back.

    With a wickedly evil grin, she looses a torrent of lightning at the midsection and face of The Other, all the while unleashing dozens of glass shards towards its limbs and chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Drawing the special diamond knife that served as his trump card, he waited for the gap after Max and Cas' attacks to get in a few cuts before he jumped right back out of the firing line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir was struck in the back by Max's bolt of electricity, and instead of immediately firing it off, held it in. He was going to let everyone get their shots in first. By the time they were finished with this cowardly little shit, Rivia wouldn't need to send it anywhere. It would go willingly.

    To let the others know he meant to do as much, he called out to them. "Hurry and get your hits in, I can only hold in this much electricity for so long... But the last shot is mine." They could hear the anticipation in his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Fine. Don't get too happy, though."

    Another two slashes across the monster's eyes completed the mutilating assault Sloane had started a few seconds ago.

    "It's a piece o' shit and it'll go out like one, but we're supposed to be puttin' it down. Enjoyment's not the reason why we're endin' this thing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Having reached and surpassed the point of tolerance before they'd even entered Rivia's mind, Casimir didn't bother to reply. Instead, his tattoo flared brightly for several seconds. When the light faded he said one word. "Move."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maxana lets out an audible sigh of exasperation. While those two have yet another meeting of the egos it whatever they call this thing they have, she draws upon the rest of the bioelectricity she absorbed from Casimir. It forms a palm-sized orb of swirling blue and white energy in her hand, which she fires at the Other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Of course." Sloane flipped out of the way, a brief look of sadness on his face.

    I still haven't gotten through to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Once Sloane was well out of the way, Casimir focused everything he had into a single point, and released a single bolt of lightning. Enhanced by the gestalt they'd formed, upon leaving the tips of his fingers it let out a sharp crack- like the sound of thunder- before streaking across the distance between them. And when it impacted, the discharge ignited the air he'd transmuted beforehand, creating an explosion much longer than the previous one.

    Turning his back on the Other, he wobbled slightly. "... Didn't know who he was fucking with."

    If there was anything left to ruin after what they'd done to it, he'd be slightly impressed. Yet and still; it was up to Rivia to get rid of it permanently. It seemed like 'physical' beat downs only seemed to stop it temporarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: I'll just sneak this in before Cas delivers the coup de grace.
    -----

    It wasn't going to be the same as having Mitty and the others helping her, but she'll just have to make up for it as she broke out in a dash towards the Other. Drawing her fist back in preparation of a strike, the demonic flames she had conquered began to gather at the back of her hand and erupted upon reaching the entity. Like the thruster of a jet her fist launched forth into the Other's center mass and with it a great wave of fire. Amidst the flames that sought to devour it, the entity might have seen the faint glowing blue of the girl's eyes as she leisurely brought forth her other hand. Softly, almost gently, a small blue bubble broke through the fire and harmlessly popped against its unnatural frame.

    The other would quickly find the bubble had expanded and completely engulfed it and the remaints of the demonic fire. Clenching her left hand into a fist, the bubble began to shrink and start compressing the entity and flames together into an uncomfortable bundle.

    "If anyone wants to take a few more potshots, feel free to."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    OOC: I will follow suit and sneak this in before Cas's finisher.

    IC:

    "Good show, Rosemary!" Maxana exclaims, having watched Rosemary launch her own attack.

    It looks like Casimir is preparing to finish it off, so she had better get in one more shot before he does. She stretches her hand out, enshrouding it in a brilliant golden light, as well as filling the inside of Rosemary's bubble with the same light as well.

    As gravity well forms, not outside, as they usually do, but inside the Other's sternum. Its pull is too much for the Other's durability to handle, and its body implodes on itself with a sickening crunch.

    Satisfied with her damage, she steps back and gives Casimir a wide berth to do his thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Ouch. That's a good one, Rose."

    I'm never messing with her, that's for sure.
    The Other reeled back from the attacks, shocked and confused. "No, there is no way. How did you get your powers back? Why can't I absorb them anymore? What did you do to me?" He was already visibly weakened, but still tried to gather up his stolen power for assault...
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

  2. #1667
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    'Cousin Eisen. If you're getting this, then you've come back and I'm gone. Don't worry, I've just relocated myself. But enough chatting, down to buissness. I've monitored Eden as best I can, and things are....odd. The dome hasn't changed, but there appears to be some sort of distortion that happens once every week or so, with what appears to be an airship leaving the city and landing at a cloaked location I can't observe. Whatever it is, it works like clockwork. I've encoded the coordinates in the message for you. Might be worth checking out. All the best.'

    Mithisar then turns to the cadets.

    'A Jovian Sphere is fully theoretical in nature, in my time at least. The Jovian Sphere isn't a barrier, it's time itself. A moment in time, frozen and shaped. The very idea, in my time, was ridiculous. It breaks multiple laws of physics, but the theory was that there are moments in the stream of time that...ripple, or displace themselves more so then others. Big moments. Important moments. When something like that happens, it would be, in theory, possible to harness some of the temporal "ripple" energy into a barrier, or construct, made up of frozen time. The dome surroudning Edan is composed of that. There is no way to teleport inside, or breech it. The only way to drop the barrier would be to control whatever powers it on the inside. I'm assuming Volkov must be able to due to what Hunter Snow's message indicates of a ship leaving somehow.'


    "If ships are going in and out, then at least in theory, we have a way to enter the city," Eisen said. She turned to the others. "We have a choice. One option is to investigate the outgoing airships, as they are our best chance to penetrate the dome. I also want to investigate where they are going, and why. The fact that the destination is cloaked to Hunter's satelite worries me. That indicates that even outside Eden, Volkov has something to hide. I do not think his is aware of our survival, which suggests the existence of a faction we have yet to identify."

    "Our other option is to return to Queen Tabia and regroup. We still need to retrieve Miss Ramilia and we have no idea what became of Elewa. There is also a chance Tabia has some idea how Canis Requiem could create a Jovian Sphere and how it has been maintained after all this time."

    "What do you all say?"
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-08-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  3. #1668
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy grit her teeth, "Then we don't get anyone involved!

    Taking a moment to calm down from her outburst, she continued, "We can teleport. We can turn invisible. We can totally hide ourselves from sensors. Nobody has to know we're even in the city. We get in and do what we have to, simple as that."

    Cammy put her hands on her hips, doing her best to think her actions through, "Groups of people, especially a family as big as Selma's, going missing over night won't go unnoticed, and it won't take long for somebody to make the connection. I have no doubt Volkov will find out about it, too. I don't think we can move our families, sorry guys..."
    "If we try to sneak in and kill Volkov, we're taking a big risk. All he has to do is escape, he doesn't even need to try and kill us right then. And I ain't betting our lives on him not having some bullshit power that lets him know we're there. No, we gotta set things up so he can't get away. Even if we can't discredit him, there's gotta be some way to trap him. On his turf, there's just way too many things that can go wrong."

    Sloane frowned.

    "And even if we do succeed, if Carmen or Sergei gets away, then your families aren't going to be safe. They'll use any means to hurt us. All three of 'em have to go in one battle, and that means we're facing against some real heavyhitters. I believe it'd be better to go with Cas' plan. That's the only guarantee of safety we can give for your loved ones."

  4. #1669
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post


    "If ships are going in and out, then at least in theory, we have a way to enter the city," Eisen said. She turned to the others. "We have a choice. One option is to investigate the outgoing airships, as they are our best chance to penetrate the dome. I also want to investigate where they are going, and why. The fact that the destination is cloaked to Hunter's satelite worries me. That indicates that even outside Eden, Volkov has something to hide. I do not think his is aware of our survival, which suggests the existence of a faction we have yet to identify."

    "Our other option is to return to Queen Tabia and regroup. We still need to retrieve Miss Ramilia and we have no idea what became of Elewa. There is also a chance Tabia has some idea how Canis Requiem could create a Jovian Sphere and how it has been maintained after all this time."

    "What do you all say?"
    "We should regroup with Queen Tabia. Learning what she knows about the Jovian Sphere may come in handy later when we investigate those ships." Sloane shrugged.

  5. #1670
    Witch WickedElphaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "We should regroup with Queen Tabia. Learning what she knows about the Jovian Sphere may come in handy later when we investigate those ships." Sloane shrugged.
    "Although it pains me to do so." Skye says with a wink. "I agree with Sloane."

    "Speaking of cloaks, do we know if the Dauntless has one?"

  6. #1671
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "I always try to be honest with you, Irie."
    "So not saying everything that comes to mind is dishonest?"




    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Remember when I told you I mutate on my birthday?" He takes a hand out of his pocket, and it's not red anymore, it almost looks like gold or brass.
    Ok, perhaps he's not being as silly as I thought he was, she thought as she assessed the rest of his changes.

    "I do, and I have to admit that's quite a change," she said, before dropping to a whisper. "One that would be better for you reveal now, or at least real soon. You know, before something happens and it's revealed at the worst possible time."




    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "What do you all say?"
    "Is there any reason why we couldn't do both at once? It's not as if we'd need everyone to accomplish either task."
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 11-08-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  7. #1672
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Other reeled back from the attacks, shocked and confused. "No, there is no way. How did you get your powers back? Why can't I absorb them anymore? What did you do to me?" He was already visibly weakened, but still tried to gather up his stolen power for assault...
    "What? You mean this is not all a part of your master plan?" she says in a mocking tone. She has no clue what just happened, or how she got her powers back, but she has no intention of letting him figure out how to get them back.

    With a sweep of her hand, a pillar of sand lunges forward toward the Other. Another sweep changes the grains of sand in glass. The glass grains all strike the Other, grinding him down as a sandblaster does brittle stone.

  8. #1673
    Elder Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "We should regroup with Queen Tabia. Learning what she knows about the Jovian Sphere may come in handy later when we investigate those ships." Sloane shrugged.
    Marko spoke up, "I'd have to agree, we should regroup first and see if the Queen knows any other options, its best that we get as much information as we can."

  9. #1674
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post


    "What do you all say?"
    "I want to get inside Eden as soon as possible," Robert admitted. "So I want to investigate the ship thing."

    By which he meant take over one and use it to get inside Eden.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "Is there any reason why we couldn't do both at once? It's not as if we'd need everyone to accomplish either task."
    Robert nodded. "Yeah, we could do that."

  10. #1675
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "Is there any reason why we couldn't do both at once? It's not as if we'd need everyone to accomplish either task."
    "If we knew more about the situation, I'd agree. But we need to ensure everybody gets the same info before we do anything. Otherwise, the ship investigating team might make a mistake." Sloane replied.

  11. #1676
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Other reeled back from the attacks, shocked and confused. "No, there is no way. How did you get your powers back? Why can't I absorb them anymore? What did you do to me?" He was already visibly weakened, but still tried to gather up his stolen power for assault...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "What? You mean this is not all a part of your master plan?" she says in a mocking tone. She has no clue what just happened, or how she got her powers back, but she has no intention of letting him figure out how to get them back.

    With a sweep of her hand, a pillar of sand lunges forward toward the Other. Another sweep changes the grains of sand in glass. The glass grains all strike the Other, grinding him down as a sandblaster does brittle stone.
    Cas had expended most of his energy in his last attack, but that didn't mean he was finished with it yet. Once the most recent barrage was finished, he picked himself up and walked over to the now crumpled form of the Other. Once he was standing next to it, he bent down and placed his hand on the ground, transmuting enough diamond to turn the ends of his fingers into sharpened points. Then without a word he picked the Other up off the ground and let it struggle for a minute before, pulling it close and saying calmly; "I told you I would."

    With one smooth motion, he forced his hand into its chest cavity and tore out its heart. Turning around he casually tossed the body aside and nodded to Rivia.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  12. #1677
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "If we knew more about the situation, I'd agree. But we need to ensure everybody gets the same info before we do anything. Otherwise, the ship investigating team might make a mistake." Sloane replied.
    "At the same time," she countered, "not keeping at least one eye on the ship, even for the relatively short amount of time it might take for us to get the info and the others, might be an even bigger mistake."
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  13. #1678
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "At the same time," she countered, "not keeping at least one eye on the ship, even for the relatively short amount of time it might take for us to get the info and the others, might be an even bigger mistake."
    "Well, what's it going to do? Fly from and back to Eden at a precise time interval? That thing seems to be scheduled, so we have more than one chance to catch the darn thing." Sloane added.

  14. #1679
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post


    "If ships are going in and out, then at least in theory, we have a way to enter the city," Eisen said. She turned to the others. "We have a choice. One option is to investigate the outgoing airships, as they are our best chance to penetrate the dome. I also want to investigate where they are going, and why. The fact that the destination is cloaked to Hunter's satelite worries me. That indicates that even outside Eden, Volkov has something to hide. I do not think his is aware of our survival, which suggests the existence of a faction we have yet to identify."

    "Our other option is to return to Queen Tabia and regroup. We still need to retrieve Miss Ramilia and we have no idea what became of Elewa. There is also a chance Tabia has some idea how Canis Requiem could create a Jovian Sphere and how it has been maintained after all this time."

    "What do you all say?"
    Cammy frowned, "If we attack the area outside the dome first, won't Volkov know we're coming?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "If we try to sneak in and kill Volkov, we're taking a big risk. All he has to do is escape, he doesn't even need to try and kill us right then. And I ain't betting our lives on him not having some bullshit power that lets him know we're there. No, we gotta set things up so he can't get away. Even if we can't discredit him, there's gotta be some way to trap him. On his turf, there's just way too many things that can go wrong."

    Sloane frowned.

    "And even if we do succeed, if Carmen or Sergei gets away, then your families aren't going to be safe. They'll use any means to hurt us. All three of 'em have to go in one battle, and that means we're facing against some real heavyhitters. I believe it'd be better to go with Cas' plan. That's the only guarantee of safety we can give for your loved ones."
    Cammy bit the inside of her cheek, "Carmen can already teleport, anyway! We don't have any way to pin them down!"

    She crossed her arms, "We'll go inside invisible, find our families, his Volkov, take our families, and then come back for Carmen and Sergei. If we do get our families first, we should at least go to the Gulag and see if Vokov has any empowered political prisoners that can help."

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "Although it pains me to do so." Skye says with a wink. "I agree with Sloane."

    "Speaking of cloaks, do we know if the Dauntless has one?"
    Cammy nodded, "Going to the Queen is a good idea."
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  15. #1680
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "At the same time," she countered, "not keeping at least one eye on the ship, even for the relatively short amount of time it might take for us to get the info and the others, might be an even bigger mistake."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Well, what's it going to do? Fly from and back to Eden at a precise time interval? That thing seems to be scheduled, so we have more than one chance to catch the darn thing." Sloane added.
    "We could send three people to scout out the ship while the rest regroup and speak with Tabia... Maybe Iriesia, Eisen and myself." Casimir suggested.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •