Page 94 of 708 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 10619
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "I don't DO anything, something is DONE to me. Since my DNA has decided I haven't been shit on enough already, every year my appearance changes a little more. Last year my hair turned white and the black lines extended onto my..." He fidgets and looks away. "Nevermind."
    She didn't say or do anything for a moment.

Then, remembering something from an earlier discussion:

"For something that supposedly came from nowhere, the changes you've gone through sound awfully hereditary. Are you sure that no one else in your family has dealt with anything like this before? Something this complicated and persistent doesn't just manifest from nothing."

Well, at least not without an external agent being involved.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She blushes again. "Not surprising, since Madelyn said it was the language of love." She smiles and tries to remember another phrase she heard. "Je suis tellement excitée pour toi en ce moment. I heard her say that to Ramilia one day. Actually, a few times."
    "Mm. Yeah, I like that." He chuckled. "I'll see about figuring out what that means too." He smiled.

She smiles and cooes softly. She smiles as she glances at the Earth again. "Maybe we can spend some time in a real paradise when this is over."
    He smiled and nodded. "I'd like to. Possibly start rebuilding outside the walls of Eden. Maybe even a house on Mars." He smiled. "Though that's probably a looooong ways off."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "Mm. Yeah, I like that." He chuckled. "I'll see about figuring out what that means too." He smiled.
    "When you find out, please tell me. It made Ramilia very, very happy when Madelyn said it."

He smiled and nodded. "I'd like to. Possibly start rebuilding outside the walls of Eden. Maybe even a house on Mars." He smiled. "Though that's probably a looooong ways off."
    "Oh, that sounds wonderful. A nice summer home, just you and I. Yes, we must make that happen."

"When you find out, please tell me. It made Ramilia very, very happy when Madelyn said it."
    "Why not learn with me?" He smiled. "It'll be something to do. Besides, privacy is hard to come by in this little group of ours. Having a language to ourselves will go a long way."

"Oh, that sounds wonderful. A nice summer home, just you and I. Yes, we must make that happen."
    He nodded. "Definitely." After a slight pause he looked at her and added. "We should probably worry about surviving this and meeting the parents, first. I can take whatever Volkov's got, but I've never been to meet a girls parents."

"Why not learn with me?" He smiled. "It'll be something to do. Besides, privacy is hard to come by in this little group of ours. Having a language to ourselves will go a long way."
    She smiles and nods. "Okay. We can get started today."

He nodded. "Definitely." After a slight pause he looked at her and added. "We should probably worry about surviving this and meeting the parents, first. I can take whatever Volkov's got, but I've never been to meet a girls parents."
    She nods. "And trust me, meeting them will be far more difficult than fighting Volkov. Just as a heads up," she jokes. "But seriously, we will do just fine on both fronts."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was a good thing she had just woken up, or this may have been harder. A few minutes and she found herself dozing off before eventually fully succumbing to sleep in a seated position, her hands still holding Rivia's.

Rosemary's head jerked upward and eyes snapped opened, revealing that the previous light blue hue was quickly growing darker until they were roughly navy blue, and with it came an unexpected surge of psychic power.

The girl's psyche found herself in Rivia's mindscape. Sounds of a losing battle reminded her of the wolf defending Rivia from the darkness and the girl quickly made her way towards the sound.
    As she moves in closer, she hears the sound of a fierce growl, followed by a 'snap' like a whip, then then sound of something landing hard accompanied by a yelp and a whimpering. As soon as she is close enough to see what is going on, Rose sees that the Wolf has regained her footing and is now staring down the demon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	werewo10.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	103745

Not far from the battle, she see's Rivia's motionless body entrapped in a living circle of demonic fire.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

She smiles and nods. "Okay. We can get started today."
    "If that's what you'd like to do." He nodded.

She nods. "And trust me, meeting them will be far more difficult than fighting Volkov. Just as a heads up," she jokes. "But seriously, we will do just fine on both fronts."
    "I figured. Fighting is something I can do. Being polite, and knowing which fork to use for dinner? ... That's another matter entirely." He chuckled lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    She didn't say or do anything for a moment.

Then, remembering something from an earlier discussion:

"For something that supposedly came from nowhere, the changes you've gone through sound awfully hereditary. Are you sure that no one else in your family has dealt with anything like this before? Something this complicated and persistent doesn't just manifest from nothing."

Well, at least not without an external agent being involved.
    "My uncle is the only one that really talks to me anymore, and he says he's never heard of anything like this."
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

"If that's what you'd like to do." He nodded.
    "Then that is what we shall do."

"I figured. Fighting is something I can do. Being polite, and knowing which fork to use for dinner? ... That's another matter entirely." He chuckled lightly.
    She chuckles and shakes her head. "Well, you already have the politeness down, if I recall your dealings with Headmaster and Her Highness correctly. And I will train you on when to use different silverwares."

"Then that is what we shall do."
    "Well alright.. when would you like to start?"

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Well, you already have the politeness down, if I recall your dealings with Headmaster and Her Highness correctly. And I will train you on when to use different silverwares."
    "It's a start, but you come from the closest thing we have to royalty in Eden... Will you teach me to be fancy?" He replied somewhat seriously.

"Well alright.. when would you like to start?"
    "Today, if that is okay with you."

"It's a start, but you come from the closest thing we have to royalty in Eden... Will you teach me to be fancy?" He replied somewhat seriously.
    She looks at him to see if he is joking. He is not, which makes her laugh. "Trust me, that will not be necessary. My family is a little more...laid back than most other Sector One families. As long as you behave yourself and do not touch the things in Father's workshop, you will be fine."

"Today, if that is okay with you."
    "I got that." He smiled. "I meant, now. Or would you like to relax a little more?

She looks at him to see if he is joking. He is not, which makes her laugh. "Trust me, that will not be necessary. My family is a little more...laid back than most other Sector One families. As long as you behave yourself and do not touch the things in Father's workshop, you will be fine."
    "Oh.. well that's a relief." He sighed. "But did you say workshop?" That was an enticing thought. He had been able to do quite a bit with simple tools after all.

"I got that." He smiled. "I meant, now. Or would you like to relax a little more?
    "Yes, now would be just fine."

"Oh.. well that's a relief." He sighed. "But did you say workshop?" That was an enticing thought. He had been able to do quite a bit with simple tools after all.
    "Yes. Father as a small section of the house to himself, where he tinkers with different devices and comes up with new technologies. He designed our house's AI, as well as the reactor that supplies our home with free, clean energy."

"Yes, now would be just fine."
    "Then I suppose we might as well start." He smiled. The fact that he'd catch on pretty quick aside, he was sure this'd take awhile. "Want to study in the lounge, or would you prefer somewhere more private?"

"Yes. Father as a small section of the house to himself, where he tinkers with different devices and comes up with new technologies. He designed our house's AI, as well as the reactor that supplies our home with free, clean energy."
    "Oh, well then. We should at the very least have something to talk about." He smiled.

OOC: Josef Lindstrom. Genius. Billionaire. Family Man. Philanthropist.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Casimir teleported in front of him, dropping to the ground with a *thud*. "Mm. So for the most part, they're glass cannons." He commented. "But if it comes down to a will vs. will, deal. Would a person who has close to absolute control over their person be able to fend off a psychic any better?" He asked with interest.
    "Better? Yes, but only to a certain point."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR