Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gotham gets a new protector. For a month

Ok so Batman and bat family get yanked out of Gotham for 30 days.

The following "heroes" get ported in to clean up Gotham they have 1 month. (all at same time but not same gotham ie Batman is gone for a month all heroes have equal chance at clean up without stepping on each others toes)

SpOck
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Savage Dragon
    And for fun Deadpool

At the end of 30 days Batman shows up and looks to see what changes happened.

Who was most successful, and which Hero do the citizens of Gotham want to stay? (Batman or one of the others)
    Thanos then turns Supes' balls into kryptonite, taking him out, leaving just Black Adam and Captain Marvel who then cling to each other in terror screaming "I love you!"
    - Illidania

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron just before killing Ironhide

Proud Member of the RED SON

SpOck is Spider-Octavious? Or the half-Vulcan?

Or maybe Doctor Octopus in the body of Spock?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    SpOck is Spider-Octavious? ?

That one, Spider Ock
    Thanos then turns Supes' balls into kryptonite, taking him out, leaving just Black Adam and Captain Marvel who then cling to each other in terror screaming "I love you!"
    - Illidania

SpOck: I'd say he does well improving Gotham, but a lot of citizens will die from undiscovered Joker-plots until Octavius finally finds and kills him.

Punisher: A BIG short-term improvement, but eventually he's going to run into Clayface or someone who's moderately bullet-resistant and Frank's probably going down. He'll wipe out a lot of thugs and Bat-villains though before he does.

Daredevil: Eh, I see him doing well as Gotham's not used to having local superhumans, but I don't see anything remarkable here.

Dragon: He joins up with the GCPD, letting them handle more head-on fights with the gangs, could be fun.

Deadpool: After 30 days, Gotham is deserted after everyone gets tired of Wade's bullshit.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanteen View Post
    Punisher
    At the end of 30 days Batman shows up and looks to see what changes happened.
    Frank snipes the clown and his gang.
    Batman angsts.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Frank snipes the clown and his gang.
    Batman angsts.
    Nah, he'll do more than that. He'll find a Lazarus pit to toss the Joker's remains into.

Quote Originally Posted by nanteen View Post
    Punisher
    Riddler, Clayface, and Poison Ivy would be problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    As would Ra's Al Ghul.

Deadpool ends up destroying the city somehow.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    As would Ra's Al Ghul.
    If it were Frank I would question After the first couple dozen bad guys died how many would stay in Gotham.

Clayface would be a issue for him, which I assume he would try to solve with lots of explosives and napalm. The other three are not bullet proof, and I can't see why Riddler or Ra's would stick their heads out with this kind of guy running around. Ivy also may realize that the plants can't be protected once her head is removed from her shoulders.
    - Illidania

If it were Frank I would question After the first couple dozen bad guys died how many would stay in Gotham.
    Yeah, he's totally driven all the street criminals out of Marvel New York.. wait no, he hasn't at all. Gotham has had at various times high bodycount racking vigilantes staying in it for a spell. Hell, Gotham had insane Batman Azrael going around doing villains up for a while with no one to get in his way. Gotham stayed Gotham. The people there remain a fundamentally greedy, jaded and corrupt enough lot that bodies piling up have not particularly bothered them. Jason Todd as the Red Hood basically was the Punisher vis a vis Gotham, going around killing people, ostensibly at one point including the Joker (it didn't take).

The other three are not bullet proof, and I can't see why Riddler or Ra's would stick their heads out with this kind of guy running around
    Or they set up various traps and ambushes to kill him that Frank, not being some kind of genius greatest detective in the world with a network of informants and fake identities he's set up across Gotham and beyond, has no particular way to see coming. Or like Zasz, they basically just do the sort of things they do, content that the person who would oppose them is nowhere near smart enough to figure out what they are doing or tack them down as they do it (Zasz has done things like going on a serial killing in the shadows jag while seeming to be entirely incarcerated while it was happening, how does Frank stop something like that or even realize what's going on? Voudoun?). Ra's also controls a global network of assassins and resources, on the scale of which Gotham is not really a concern of his barring some desire to test Batman for worthiness that week or use it as a test site for plagues Frank would just be.. not equipped at all to deal with. Are you confusing comics Ra's Al Ghul for movie Ra's al Ghul? Ra's Al Ghul does things like cripple the world's ability to form basic communication. He has people like Shiva and David Cain on retainer. If he wanted to seriously take out the Punisher, it would not take him very long.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-07-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Frank could always do the simple thing: Get some guns, walk into Arkham (Let's face it, the place doesn't even have security) and then go cell to cell shooting the psycho's in the face.

Wouldn't help against Clayface of course, but yeah, the majority of them are going down hard.

Point taken on Ra's.

As a side question, are there any good Zsasz stories that you could recommend? Because in the stories I've seen him in he's.....just an emo punk with a knife.
    Last edited by Guy1; 04-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Sorry, double post.
    My RPG Site!

Frank could always do the simple thing: Get some guns, walk into Arkham (Let's face it, the place doesn't even have security) and then go cell to cell shooting the psycho's in the face.

Wouldn't help against Clayface of course, but yeah, the majority of them are going down hard.
    When the only reason there are those few periods when Arkham has all of Gotham's worst psychos in it at the same time is not present, why would Frank get this gimme?

If we totally handwave the Punisher advantages he would not otherwise get, he does great, sure.

As a side question, are there any good Zsasz stories that you could recommend? Because in the stories I've seen him in he's.....just an emo punk with a knife.
    I wouldn't call any of them good, per se, honestly he's a pretty crappy character, but he's portrayed often enough as, mentally, a criminal sociopathic mastermind focused on serial killing and capable of mindgames that drive people insane, who is, in a physical sense, an emo punk with a knife (I mean that's not entirely fair, he's done shit like open people's arteries with a fingernail and kill guards with restraining poles attached to his neck and crap). He's good at going to ground and enacting isolated murders to the point that Batman has had a hard time tracking him down at all (and while he'll ocassionally flip right out and do something like take a girl's school hostage, most of the other times he'll do stuff like set up his activities between blinds and fronts such that they come off as urban legend. Don't get me wrong, he's still a crap character who is really uninteresting as far as really just being.. "I'm a sociopathic serial killer stereotype" honestly, but he's been repeatedly shown to be lethally competent at what he does).
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    SpOck is Spider-Octavious? Or the half-Vulcan?

Or maybe Doctor Octopus in the body of Spock?
    I was kinda hoping it would actually be the half-vulcan. who I think could be a fun and challenging stand-in for Batman. Spider Ock... well, I guess that could be fun too.