Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Fatale, #8

"Fatale" #8 continues Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips mixture of noir and horror as the 1970s cult closes in on our new main characters, even as we get more of Jo's past from Nick's memories.

Full review here.

In his usually wonderful way, Ed is slipping in various details from earlier issues and all kinds of clues. I loved the whole Interlude with Nick and how that was woven into the current 70s storyline.

This ended with such a cliffhanger, I'm already itching for issue 9. And Sean is knocking it out of the park. This is probably my favorite issue thus far, so I'd grade it higher than the review.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Did we ever find out what was on that film tape and why Suzy killed those people? I can't pick mine up till tomorrow, and it's not just mystery, it feels like I missed a part of the book! The suspense!

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Did we ever find out what was on that film tape and why Suzy killed those people? I can't pick mine up till tomorrow, and it's not just mystery, it feels like I missed a part of the book! The suspense!
    I got mine last night and no, we still don't know what's on that film reel. Miles tells Jo the Method Church are into some sick sh*& so I can only imagine Suzy's dispatch of those members is nothing compared to what is on that film.

It was a great issue. More questions than answers. In the case of Fatale, more questions are a fine thing.

Do you think Brubaker and Phillips are even capable of putting out a bad issue of anything at this point?

I had to laugh at Little Nicky's white streak though.
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

OK, I love this series more than ever.
    Who's there?

Quote Originally Posted by rolacka View Post
    Do you think Brubaker and Phillips are even capable of putting out a bad issue of anything at this point?

I had to laugh at Little Nicky's white streak though.
    Nope. This is my favorite book now. Because of that, I'm playing catch up with Criminal (learning to appreciate crime/noir on its own. I am sure I will buy every other book they've done too, I liked what I've read of Incognito and Sleeper, but Fatale is hands down my favorite of theirs.)

I thought the little white streak on young Nick was a nice touch. If Sean's prices are right I will hopefully own at least one page from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Nope. This is my favorite book now. Because of that, I'm playing catch up with Criminal (learning to appreciate crime/noir on its own. I am sure I will buy every other book they've done too, I liked what I've read of Incognito and Sleeper, but Fatale is hands down my favorite of theirs.)

I thought the little white streak on young Nick was a nice touch. If Sean's prices are right I will hopefully own at least one page from this issue.
    They have a few of Sean's pages from Fatle #3 I think, in Gosh Comics in London. Around 100 each if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Apers View Post
    They have a few of Sean's pages from Fatle #3 I think, in Gosh Comics in London. Around 100 each if I remember correctly.
    Thanks Apers. Sean has a comic art sales rep here in the U.S. - I'm hopefully collecting pages from this current arc right now.

Just to confirm, I was saying that so you know how much his pages might sell for! I would have loved to have bought one, they we're beautiful. The price was just a little too high for me though.

Went out and bought the Incognito tpb's to get my reading fix between issues. Brubaker and Phillips are an amazing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Apers View Post
    Just to confirm, I was saying that so you know how much his pages might sell for! I would have loved to have bought one, they we're beautiful. The price was just a little too high for me though.
    Ah, Thank you. His U.S. rep sells pages for varying prices some above and below what you quoted. If I can land one of the three pages I inquired about fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Ah, Thank you. His U.S. rep sells pages for varying prices some above and below what you quoted. If I can land one of the three pages I inquired about fabulous!
    Good stuff man, be sure to post some pics if you get one!