Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Also, did anyone else catch the fake name he used when talking to Hector Gonzalez's wife?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Everyone knew when deb showed up she was going to shoot laguerta and were screaming at the tv that she was screwing up the plan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Everyone knew when deb showed up she was going to shoot laguerta and were screaming at the tv that she was screwing up the plan, right?
    I didn't know she was gonna shoot LaGuerta, but yeah, definitely the second thing.

I wanted Dex to wait for her to wake up so he could tell her everything before he plunged the knife in.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    No kidding. Based on the way Dexter seems to be rolling in it, I've started to think about changing my life to become a forensic analyst. He's able to buy everything he needs to keep up with his killing, support a child (and possibly 2 step-children), and pay a babysitter for 150 hours a week. And he's able to come and go from his job as he pleases.
    Maybe he and Rita had good life insurance policies.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I read a plot summary of the books around the season after Rita died, when i felt the show fell off a cliff, and thought the books soundly pretty dang stupid in general.

Except for the 3rd book they are okay, just far different than the TV show. Whoever said earlier the 3rd book was great was joking I hope as it has one of the most universally hated plotlines to ever be put on the page by any author . . . . spoilers:
    the dark passenger is revealed to be part of an alien race that infects earth creatures to make them do evil.
    end of spoilers The first season followed the first book almost exactly until the end where spoilers:
    Debra learns Dex's secret and Brian kills LaGuerta
    end of spoilers. After that the TV show went its own path. There are hints of things that happened in early seasons of the TV show that you can see came from the books but for the most part they are are far different. Not to mention the secondary characters have much larger roles in the TV show. Masuka and Angel usually only show up for a page or two in the book and may not even get a line. The only characters to ever really get page time are Dexter, Debra, Debra's boyfriend (he doesn't exist in the TV show), Doakes, Rita, Cody, and Astor.
    Last edited by Chiasm; 12-17-2012 at 06:20 AM.

It would have been an more of an interesting twist, (also an interesting series finale), if Debra instead shot Dexter.

I don't see Debra recovering from this, and it only accentuates the problems they will have in explaining LaGuerta's murder. I wonder who will start to get suspicious next, now that Angel has retired, will he investigate himself outside of the law? The only remaining characters are Debra and Quinn.

Also did Hannah confess that she poisoned Debra, it seemed as if there was contradictions when Debra talked to Hannah in the courtroom, will this also be the last we we see of Hannah?

I really hope the ending isn't something cheesy as them running of to Argentina together :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Except for the 3rd book they are okay, just far different than the TV show. Whoever said earlier the 3rd book was great was joking I hope as it has one of the most universally hated plotlines to ever be put on the page by any author . . . . spoilers:
    the dark passenger is revealed to be part of an alien race that infects earth creatures to make them do evil.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not an alien. It's a demon/fallen angel. The build up is great since the sudden third person narration is jarring and it's describing an entities existence before reality and how it comes to grips with it's own existence only after there are other things it realizes aren't itself. Combine that with the idea that suddenly Dexter is throw into a situation where he realized he never questioned what the dark passenger was and wonders how much of his personality and intelligence is him or the dark passenger. On top of that Dexter now realizes how much he relied on the dark passenger and how weak he is without it, yet he has to face off against his most dangerous opponent.
    No one should have been that surprised by this when reading the books as the dark passenger from the beginning was always hinted as being some sort of separate entity and Dexter utilizing it was always described in a way that would be similar to a drug trip/spiritual trance.
    end of spoilers

I found the end of this season funny in that there is a thematic genius that I believe the writers unintentionally stumbled onto. Dexter becoming more normal and more fit in to society actually turns him more into a monster rather than less. Though what the show runner said at the end made me facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    I found the end of this season funny in that there is a thematic genius that I believe the writers unintentionally stumbled onto. Dexter becoming more normal and more fit in to society actually turns him more into a monster rather than less. Though what the show runner said at the end made me facepalm.
    Wasn't that always the theme of the show, as Dexter got to feel the intricacies of normal life (Love, Family, and Relationships), he didn't want to let go. I will agree though, the writers don't do a good job of conveying the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Cross Is God View Post
    Yeah, I've been wanting her to die, but I didn't care for that final scene.

On a side note, seeing flashbacks of Doakes brought me feelings of true joy.
    Doakes is remarkably awesome. I wouldn't care one bit if they brought him back with a half-assed explanation. Best line of the night "You don't even walk like a normal person! You glide like a fu*kin'.... lizard on ice!"
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Except for the 3rd book they are okay, just far different than the TV show. Whoever said earlier the 3rd book was great was joking I hope as it has one of the most universally hated plotlines to ever be put on the page by any author . . .
    I read about that a while back, and it killed any interest I might have had in reading the books.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Also did Hannah confess that she poisoned Debra
    Yes. When Dexter was talking to her in the jail (which seems to have extremely relaxed rules about contact between inmates and visitors - I kept yelling out "No touching!!" Arrested Development-style all through that scene) and he brings it up, she explains why she felt she had to do it.

it seemed as if there was contradictions when Debra talked to Hannah in the courtroom
    In what way?

will this also be the last we we see of Hannah?
    I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up again.

I really hope the ending isn't something cheesy as them running of to Argentina together :/.
    I can't see Dexter having any kind of 'happily ever after' ending for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not an alien. It's a demon/fallen angel. The build up is great since the sudden third person narration is jarring and it's describing an entities existence before reality and how it comes to grips with it's own existence only after there are other things it realizes aren't itself. Combine that with the idea that suddenly Dexter is throw into a situation where he realized he never questioned what the dark passenger was and wonders how much of his personality and intelligence is him or the dark passenger. On top of that Dexter now realizes how much he relied on the dark passenger and how weak he is without it, yet he has to face off against his most dangerous opponent.
    No one should have been that surprised by this when reading the books as the dark passenger from the beginning was always hinted as being some sort of separate entity and Dexter utilizing it was always described in a way that would be similar to a drug trip/spiritual trance.
    end of spoilers

What did the show runner say?
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

It would have been an more of an interesting twist, (also an interesting series finale), if Debra instead shot Dexter.

I don't see Debra recovering from this, and it only accentuates the problems they will have in explaining LaGuerta's murder. I wonder who will start to get suspicious next, now that Angel has retired, will he investigate himself outside of the law? The only remaining characters are Debra and Quinn.

Also did Hannah confess that she poisoned Debra, it seemed as if there was contradictions when Debra talked to Hannah in the courtroom, will this also be the last we we see of Hannah?

yeah I thought it was pretty clear that Hannah did poison her; she even used the classic excuse that Debra was "trying to keep them apart"

I think Angel will come back to the police force because of LaGuerts's murder.

If the show doesn't end with Dexter dead/in jail and Batista running the department i will be upset.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

if the show doesn't end with Masuka dying by autoerotic asphyxiation, i will be upset.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time