Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Those were the bad guys doing the incest though.

So, im probably alone on this, but i like isaak much more than Dexter and want him to kill Dexter, who i am completly sick of.
    Im having real problems dealing with dexter, who continues to randomly break his own rules, get his kid out of town whenever he isn't convient for the plot, sleeping with the murderers he wants to kill and telling them he's a serial killer while a cop is trying to prove he's a serial killer.
    Annoying me.
    Yea I can see what you mean, his character hasn't evolved from the initial seasons. At least in the books Dexter continues to grow and always has something clever to say. In the series all he does is end up saying, "I'm sorry." I just want to see how they end the show at this point.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wow, that was pretty good. I could see that scene in the gay bar happening in Mad Men (well, apart from being in a gay bar, and having two serial killers involved). Ray Stevenson is incredible.

Jennifer Carpenter was fantastic too. I hated the incest plotline, but here she made it work- hard to play a character pretty much abandoning all dignity she has left.

And Dexter is evolving- first, he was obsessed with the code and following Harry's rules, then he realized Harry was full of crap, and now the code itself isn't worth much anymore, because it was what got in this situation anyway- no code, he doesn't get involved with Trinity and Deb doesn't have to cover for him, because he either would control himself and not be a killer or he would have been caught a long time ago, not putting her in this situation. Plus, he's in a situation in which kill everyone won't just work.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wow, that was pretty good. I could see that scene in the gay bar happening in Mad Men (well, apart from being in a gay bar, and having two serial killers involved). Ray Stevenson is incredible.

Jennifer Carpenter was fantastic too. I hated the incest plotline, but here she made it work- hard to play a character pretty much abandoning all dignity she has left.

And Dexter is evolving- first, he was obsessed with the code and following Harry's rules, then he realized Harry was full of crap, and now the code itself isn't worth much anymore, because it was what got in this situation anyway- no code, he doesn't get involved with Trinity and Deb doesn't have to cover for him, because he either would control himself and not be a killer or he would have been caught a long time ago, not putting her in this situation. Plus, he's in a situation in which kill everyone won't just work.
    Ray Stevenson and Jennifer Carpenter's performances were great. Carpenter's crying and being upset felt extremely real....and it's more emotional incest.... technically they aren't related at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

Maybe with the code he is evolving, but on the human side he seems to remain the same. Even though I didn't really appreciate Rita's character it bought his struggles to fit in socially and how he can maybe have a normal life. Now it seems he keeps coming to conclusions that what he does cannot be stopped and the relationships he finds just enable him more (Lumen and Hannah).

Also with the exception of Deb, it seems Dexter's family is just there as a small plot device, it doesn't make sense a nanny takes care of Harrison for almost 24 hours and takes him anywhere.
    Last edited by immortality; 11-20-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Maybe with the code he is evolving, but on the human side he seems to remain the same. Even though I didn't really appreciate Rita's character it bought his struggles to fit in socially and how he can maybe have a normal life. Now it seems he keeps coming to conclusions that what he does cannot be stopped and the relationships he finds just enable him more (Lumen and Hannah).

Also with the exception of Deb, it seems Dexter's family is just there as a small plot device, it doesn't make sense a nanny takes care of Harrison for almost 24 hours and takes him anywhere.
    The nanny bugs the crap out of me.
    He found the only college student on earth who never has anything to do ever.

So the Punisher is gay now. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    So the Punisher is gay now. Oh well.
    Umm...no...
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

The nanny bugs the crap out of me.
    He found the only college student on earth who never has anything to do ever.
    Not just any college student, a PhD student.

Damn, I was really hoping Hannah was going to die and Dexter would go into berserker mode, but Deb sticks to her moral compass and saves the day. It was an okay episode, but the dialogue was really cheesy beside the Issac/Dexter moments. Also disappointed they killed Issac off. The preview for next episode didn't seem to exciting.

Also has Dexter completely abandoned taking care of Harrison :<

Damn, I was really hoping Hannah was going to die and Dexter would go into berserker mode, but Deb sticks to her moral compass and saves the day. It was an okay episode, but the dialogue was really cheesy beside the Issac/Dexter moments. Also disappointed they killed Issac off. The preview for next episode didn't seem to exciting.

I dont really care about Dexter not being shown to be a father 24/7. Not like he isnt busy trying to be a blood expert and a serial killer.

The Hannah love interest,sick killer storyline and Isaac connecting,having good scenes with Dexter has made this season much better than the first half. When Deb was treating Dexter like a bad kid on drugs who she had to keep an eye on was real weak show to watch.

Hannah is different than Lumen and Rita. She is as evil as he is. I like seeing darker stories while Dexter only humanity is his twisted love for her. We have seen him been good husband and father. I like seeing the darker side taking over,forgetting the codes. The show cant end well for a serial killer and Hannah is most like his last happy times with a woman who understands him. The others never really knew his dark side.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I dont really care about Dexter not being shown to be a father 24/7. Not like he isnt busy trying to be a blood expert and a serial killer.
    He shouldn't have a kid since his only use last season was a prop, and he had no purpose this season.

He shouldn't have a kid since his only use last season was a prop, and he had no purpose this season.
    I would rather they do away with the baby and just have Dexter trying to raise Astor and Cody. Do it like the books where Astor and Cody have their own dark passenger and Dexter would have have to train them to control it.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I would rather they do away with the baby and just have Dexter trying to raise Astor and Cody. Do it like the books where Astor and Cody have their own dark passenger and Dexter would have have to train them to control it.
    With only 1 1/4 seasons left to go, it's probably a bit late for that.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Isaac and Louis were two of the best aspects of this season. They both died disappointingly early, in that they both kicked the bucket when both characters were at their most compelling stages in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    When i read that is the way the books went i thought it was the stupidest thing i had ever heard, serial killer isn't passed down geneticly.
    Shit, this season they are finaly dealing with Harry's rock stupid "Well, since he saw so much blood so young, he HAS to be a serial killer and will never be better, so i'm not going to try and help him, im going to teach him how to be a more effective killer."