Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default LAS VEGAS: "What's New With the DC 52?"

At the Las Vegas Comic Expo, writers Scott Lobdell, Kyle Higgins, Brian Buccellato, Joshua Hale Fialkov and J.T. Krul discussed their work on DC's New 52 titles, crossovers and plans for a "Teen Titans" spinoff.

Full article here.

I find it odd that Lobdell has another Teen Titans spin off series planned for sometime after issue #25. In other interviews, he's stated that he has a very loose way of writing, goes with the flow and doesn't tend to plan that far ahead.

Although, I should give him credit for specifically saying it could all fall apart.

"When asked whether there was a chance of seeing Static Shock in "Teen Titans,” Lobdell replied, “Nothing would make me happier.” However, he said "legal issues" prevent the characters from joining the title."
    WOW
    Looks like the gossip about Derek Dingle trying to break the Milestone Deal might be true after all ! Good on him I say

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I find it odd that Lobdell has another Teen Titans spin off series planned for sometime after issue #25. In other interviews, he's stated that he has a very loose way of writing, goes with the flow and doesn't tend to plan that far ahead.

Although, I should give him credit for specifically saying it could all fall apart.
    I might say that it it's probably part of how a comicbook is planned out and when we finally got the book in our hands the writers are a number of issues ahead of us.

But I am intrigued by the idea and at the same time apprehensive since Lobdell wavers for me between lots of swear words and 'Phew...not as bad as feared.' for me.

I'm curious what legal issues prevent Lobdell from using Static, because Teen Titans would really be the best place to move the character to.

So apparently the reason that we can't get Wally back is because the creative team of The Flash isn't exactly in a high enough position to use him? That's a shame.

Hah, Lobdell, people wanted him back. I'll admit I would probably be with the people who weren't demanding Stephanie's return beyond relating to them with me wanting Wally to come back. Here's hoping that Daniel leads to a great payoff for him. That said, a crossover between The Flash and Teen Titans sounds like fun.

As for the Raven team, I'm curious how that will turn out, although I wonder if this means Lobdell will be on Teen Titans for a least another year.

I'm definitely looking forward to the cameo in I, Vampire #15. Here's hoping it doesn't get shot down by editorial.

Blue Beetle joining Raven's team sounds like fun, and could help if his book gets cancelled. Maybe Raven's team can be a place for Young Justice characters that lost there books? Hopefully a team with Raven, Blue Beetle, Static Shock, Hawk, and Dove would sell. I would have definitely loved to see Vampire Jaime Reyes, but I can see why it was shot down, but holy shit, The Flash versus vampires? Damn it all, that should have happened!

It's a bit surprising to hear that Lobdell wasn't happy with The Culling. I know most people weren't, but wow.

I like that Lobdell got overruled with Starfire's new outfit, because I rather like it and would prefer if she kept it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post
    I'm curious what legal issues prevent Lobdell from using Static, because Teen Titans would really be the best place to move the character to.
    Well it's not hard to imagine it's related to DC's deal with Milestone. They never owned these characters to begin with, so it looks like something is going on with the licensing deal.

It's a bit surprising to hear that Lobdell wasn't happy with The Culling. I know most people weren't, but wow.
    It's not surprising. You can tell from the book itself how forced the crossover was.

Teen Titans Dark!
    Agree the Flash vs. Vampires would be cool. Wonder how Sorrentino would draw the superspeed.

BANNED

Fialkov is really obssesed with vampires I see.

The Teen Titans spin-off better be called Young Justice or it will completely fail.

Hmm, didn't Lobdell say he couldn't use Raven yet because of editorial reasons though? Guess that means allaigns with people guessing Raven will debut with next week's Phantom Stranger.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

DC's only request was that Bunker "not be too gay."
    I find that to be kind of an offensive character mandate, to be honest...almost like they're saying "sure, he can be gay but you know...don't ask don't tell!" Whatever. Teen Titans has been a hot mess anyway...after #0, I think I'd much rather read a Red Robin solo by Lobdell and Kirkham than continue with this bizarre non-team.

I'm glad we're going to see Harley Quinn in Death of the Family though. As much as I've been loving Suicide Squad, I've been itching to see her in her more traditional role with the Bat-family.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

I feel the not too gay comment was in terms of keeping Bunker pretty level in his characterization. He's pretty flamboyant at times, and if it was anymore so, it could start to range in the cliche territory and some could find that offensive. Bunker is a pretty level character, he's gay, you know it, it is part of his charecter, but he's not shoving it in your face every page going "LOOK HOW GAY I AM EVERYONE!" He's not really sensationalized and to make a big constant deal out of it is what I believe DC wanted to stay away from.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    I find that to be kind of an offensive character mandate, to be honest...almost like they're saying "sure, he can be gay but you know...don't ask don't tell!" Whatever. Teen Titans has been a hot mess anyway...after #0, I think I'd much rather read a Red Robin solo by Lobdell and Kirkham than continue with this bizarre non-team.
    Think it was meant as he could be gay and open about it but DC not wanting him coming back to it every other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hmm, didn't Lobdell say he couldn't use Raven yet because of editorial reasons though? Guess that means allaigns with people guessing Raven will debut with next week's Phantom Stranger.
    Well she will and we have this preview page from it (taken from Didio's FB page).

But I think you are back around issue 8 of TT that apparently was the debut issue Lobdell had planned for...which happens to be the issue Omen appeared in (apparently something more than a company-wide reboot is needed to bring her out of the 'in case Raven isnt around, use this' role).

BANNED

Forgot to add: I'm glad that Lobdell recognizes the flaws of The Culling and plans to do a better job with H'el on Earth, let's hope for the better.

About the "Not be too gay" commentary, I remember that making a character too gay was considered offensive just a few years ago, I wonder what changed?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    At the Las Vegas Comic Expo, writers Scott Lobdell, Kyle Higgins, Brian Buccellato, Joshua Hale Fialkov and J.T. Kruldiscussed their work on DC's New 52 titles, crossovers and plans for a "Teen Titans" spinoff.

Full article here.
    wait
    why is Krul there?
    he is not writing anything now
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well she will and we have this preview page from it (taken from Didio's FB page).
    Art looks way better than the 0 issue.