Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Default Hunger Games Graphic Novel based on the novel?

There should be a graphic novel based on the novel.

Popular Movies which are being based off books are being made into graphic novels.Some examples of these are Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Twlight. Perhaps the Hunger Games will be made into one as well?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 01-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.

It will come later, like the Percy jackson one ;L I'll be buying it definitely but it may take up to three years ;S
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Pretty sure they've made it into a manga already, if you 're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Pretty sure they've made it into a manga already, if you 're interested.
    Battle Royale joke or are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Rule 679# of the internet

You cannot have a discussion about The Hunger Games without somebody bring up Battle Royale or implying it.

The comic can be more loyal to be book than the film.There are some things that the film couldn't do like make everybody look starved.Here is a list of things that the comic can do better than the film

-Make Katniss look like her book counterpart.Short,starved, and olived-skinned,
    -Make everybody in the district look staved.They all look well-feed in the films
    -The Hunger Games graphic novel can include things in the book that the films like Katniss' cat and the Avox girl

-
    -

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Battle Royale with cheese in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    They all look well-feed in the films
    That's true of course but well, i can't imagine the director saying to his actors "ok, you're a bunch of fatties, from now on it's bread and water".

Some make up could have helped i guess. The only time i thought it was really ridiculous is during the scene when Peeta is giving her some bread. Alright, the girl looks as hungry and in poor shape as me after our traditional Christmas family banquet extravaganza.

That was just silly.

aww jeez, I just read a hunger games fan-fic that took place in the 69th Hunger Games.It was so sad, I don't know If I can read anymore Hunger Games,let alone a graphic novel.

bump
    10char

Animation & Illustration

It depends on who does it and how.

I'm all for graphic novels, but I hate abridgement, especially when the medium doesn't exactly force it the way films or television do. Given that few publishers are willing to do unabridged graphic novel adaptations though, I'm more a fan of using comics to tell stories that either support the novel or expand upon it.

Don't retread the story of Katniss and the Games, tell me a story about an earlier Game, or tell me about events that happened to main characters like Gale while Katniss and Co. were fighting in the second Game. Show me Haymitch's Games, so that two pages of the book become a hundred pages of art and narrative that make me really sympathize and feel for Haymitch, creating a new depth for the novel.

But for the love of crap, don't publish 4 floppy comic books that reduce a 374-page novel to 64 pages of badly-drawn Cliff's Notes.

Oh, and don't try to draw the characters as the actors. Start with the descriptions from the text of the novel, then build from there.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    It depends on who does it and how.

I'm all for graphic novels, but I hate abridgement, especially when the medium doesn't exactly force it the way films or television do. Given that few publishers are willing to do unabridged graphic novel adaptations though, I'm more a fan of using comics to tell stories that either support the novel or expand upon it.

Don't retread the story of Katniss and the Games, tell me a story about an earlier Game, or tell me about events that happened to main characters like Gale while Katniss and Co. were fighting in the second Game. Show me Haymitch's Games, so that two pages of the book become a hundred pages of art and narrative that make me really sympathize and feel for Haymitch, creating a new depth for the novel.

But for the love of crap, don't publish 4 floppy comic books that reduce a 374-page novel to 64 pages of badly-drawn Cliff's Notes.

Oh, and don't try to draw the characters as the actors. Start with the descriptions from the text of the novel, then build from there.
    I think the reason why the author didn't tell us how those tributes won is because she wants the fans to make up fan-fics for them.She wants us to use our own imgination and make stories up for the other 73 Hunger Games.Having a 12 page short story of how each tribute won and how they felt about the games afterwards is a great addition to the graphic novel.It would offer something new that the film and the books don't have.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 01-10-2013 at 09:22 PM.

If the Battle Royale kids were put in The Hunger Games...

They would lose.Nobody would had act as selfless and rebellious like Katniss did.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 01-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Weird points, some of those BR kids actually try to fight back the system. By trying to hack the net, by refusing to participate, by elaborating a plan to escape...whatever, but many were quite rebellious.

Concerning Katniss selflessness, well, the only two times i think she really act like it was of course when she volunteered (nothing to say here, that was indeed selfless) and during the second book but then it really was more because of how desperate she was feeling than really anything else. (spoiler : "when she decides that she will do anything for Peeta to survive the new games, even sacrificing herself")
    Last edited by The Green Condom; 01-12-2013 at 01:53 AM.

omg the hunger games were the best book eveeeerrrr!!!!

Romance story of the year!