View Poll Results: Which title(s) should Batgirl guest-star in again or for the first time?

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

19 25.00%
  • Batwoman

14 18.42%
  • Catwoman

11 14.47%
  • Grifter

4 5.26%
  • Justice League

12 15.79%
  • Nightwing

30 39.47%
  • Red Hood & The Outlaws

13 17.11%
  • Supergirl

25 32.89%
  • Talon

6 7.89%
  • Worlds' Finest

18 23.68%
  • Other

21 27.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    i would like to see her team up with Supergirl. again for the first time !

also, Babs and Dick need to team up again! DC's star crossed couple.
    I too am anxiously awaiting the day that Batgirl & Supergirl will meet (again!) for the first time.

I have just a gut feeling that Batgirl may be popping up a bit more in Nightwing, at least during the current Joker maxi-crossover event.

Do we know when the February solicitations are going to be released and put up?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I too am anxiously awaiting the day that Batgirl & Supergirl will meet (again!) for the first time.

I have just a gut feeling that Batgirl may be popping up a bit more in Nightwing, at least during the current Joker maxi-crossover event.

Do we know when the February solicitations are going to be released and put up?
    Batgirl and Nightwing have that romantic tension and young love history. It showed up bigger in Nightwing in a great issue but I am guessing will always be popping up here and there. I bet DC keeps that tension going for a while to give both books a reason to throw romantic issues into stories in the future. The two of them will meet new people but will always be drawn together.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Batgirl and Nightwing have that romantic tension and young love history. It showed up bigger in Nightwing in a great issue but I am guessing will always be popping up here and there. I bet DC keeps that tension going for a while to give both books a reason to throw romantic issues into stories in the future. The two of them will meet new people but will always be drawn together.
    Ya, its a pretty popular pairing. So i can see it as something DC is always gonna keep around with them. Even if its just something thats kind of in the background. I mean it was even one of the the first things that they established for them in the new 52.

Why can't they do something different . . . like maybe have Babs fall in love with Man-Bat for a change?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Because its comic books

Whoah! I just read Nightwing #13, and while Batgirl's appearance is brief (only two pages) it is an important tie-in to next week's Batgirl #14, IMO. Batgirl is out for Joker's blood! I wonder if she'll get to him before Jason does, as the cat is already out of the bag that Jason is to beat the snot out of the Joker in the Outlaws book. Knowing Gail though, the story won't go the way Batgirl is initially going for. Wanting to go out for blood as Barbara is a character of more pure spirit, I'm sure is going to have a negative karmic result for her.

And once again Gail shows how masterful she is in world building, as I remember this was alluded to before, Batgirl needing to fight crime for the right reasons and for justice vs revenge, I just can't remember the issue off hand.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Let's put her into as many titles as possible, over-saturation cannot hurt anyone. And the nuDCU is very new so her guest starring in more issues cannot hurt at all as long as they are not out of character like Birds of Prey, or the contradiction that Birds of Prey #0 was that ruined a lot of Gails work.
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.

And that is Duane S.' fault. The man cannot make a coherent plot to save his life (IMO), and he obviously does not pay attention at all to the main writer of Batgirl, which a good writer would also do, to make for consistent characterization.

BOP remains SO bad for me that even though it's an alternate reality book I've made my mind that Ame-Comi Girls is my Batgirl team book.
    Pull list:

And that is Duane S.' fault. The man cannot make a coherent plot to save his life (IMO), and he obviously does not pay attention at all to the main writer of Batgirl, which a good writer would also do, to make for consistent characterization.
    He's been hit hard by editorial screwing around with his work. Batgirl wasn't even meant to be in the book, but editorial forced it on him. To say he can't make a coherent plot is ridiculous since he's an accomplished novelist.

Besides, the Batgirl in Birds of Prey has been much better written than the one in Batgirl imo. Simone's been off her game lately it's shown in Batgirl, glaringly so when you compare it to her work on Secret Six which was an awesome book.
    ಠ_ಠ

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

How Batgirl compares to Secret Six is kind of irrelevant here given that the current Birds is largely incapable of executing a straightfoward plot from start to middle to end.

The Birds book so far tends to be like the Dallas Cowboys of comics. A lot more theoretical "should be" talent than pleasing execution or results.

I could use a similar thread for DCNu Superman. I know I already need at least 1 issue of Batman: Dark Knight.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Grape View Post
    How Batgirl compares to Secret Six is kind of irrelevant here given that the current Birds is largely incapable of executing a straightfoward plot from start to middle to end.

The Birds book so far tends to be like the Dallas Cowboys of comics. A lot more theoretical "should be" talent than pleasing execution or results.
    Bitter fan syndrome? Although I would point out a difference in your analogy; I want BOP to do well since I loved it when Simone wrote it and I DANCE on the Cowboys' grave!

But I should be nice. My boyhood team is the Bungles. So we best compare to any cancelled comic.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

BOP remains SO bad for me that even though it's an alternate reality book I've made my mind that Ame-Comi Girls is my Batgirl team book.
    I really think that most of the books problems are editorial problems. He was forced to use Batgirl, my guess is he was forced to remove BCs and Batgirls old friendship, he has to rush to endings a lot cause other people want to use there characters. (Which is my guess for why Ivy left and now Katana). I like Gail's book just fine, but you can't blame everything on Duane, I am sure he is going the best he can with what he has, and what he was forced to do.

But ya, a Supergirl team up would be cool. I think it would feel different then the team ups from before, but it should and would be cool.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-09-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Enough with this "He was forced to use Batgirl", he was force to use the entire cast. Even Starling came about from editorial edict, to replace Lady Blackhawk. The book does seem like it definitely has some editorial problems and interference, but this "Batgirl wasn't even meant to be in the book" or "He was forced to use Batgirl" doesn't fly. They gave him the books cast from the start. Batgirl is far from BoP's problem, not that i think it has much of a problem, but it does seem like Swierczynski has been restricted by editorial in what he can do, and things he has to incorporate. Definitely felt it with the 0 issue.
    I mean it has to be hard to have pretty much no control on any of ur characters. Even BC, his lead character, they have her in Team 7, this book thats set in the past and establishing this whole new origin. Coming out almost a year after the launch of the New 52. Starling seems like the only character he can really do anything with. Honestly its just another thing showing how poorly planned this relaunch really was. So many thing are just so messy, and quite frankly i have come to like the New 52 a lot less as they've gone along now. Especially with the 0 issues, ive could have done without those.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-09-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Bitter fan syndrome? Although I would point out a difference in your analogy; I want BOP to do well since I loved it when Simone wrote it and I DANCE on the Cowboys' grave!

But I should be nice. My boyhood team is the Bungles. So we best compare to any cancelled comic.
    Not recently

I used to sort of like them during the (later) Landry and Johnson eras. But once that knucklehead Switzer took over, I stopped caring. Sports in general disappoint me these days but if I pull for anyone in the NFL it is the Dolphins and Bears.

Yeah, Gail's BOP was super class. One of my favorite runs ever perhaps.