Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Default Journey Into Mystery #645 *Preview*

First the link http://ifanboy.com/articles/exclusiv...o-mystery-645/.
    I am loving Stephanie Hans art and so glad to see Leah survived Everything Burns. Though I am sad this is the last JIM issue with Loki as a star the Sif issues that are coming look interesting.

Here is the official preview from the CBR preview page
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13969
    Last edited by Jason456701; 10-19-2012 at 12:04 PM.

So pretty *___*

I really hope Leah sticks around for whatever Loki's doing next.

Calling it now, Damon Helstorm rescues Loki and Leah from Surtur

Heh,

So Damon is seemingly here in a cave......but also in jail over in Venom.

Super character alignment guys!
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

This looks great. It would indeed be a relief for Leah to survive. Is this being released next week like it says? Or is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Heh,

So Damon is seemingly here in a cave......but also in jail over in Venom.

Super character alignment guys!
    To be fair, in the Venom comic, he seems to be working on that it's better for him to be king of demons or whatever than for it to be someone worse.

*clicks on preview* Is that Hela and Tyr getting married?

Is this being released next week like it says? Or is that wrong?
    Last I heard there's a 3 week gap between last week's JiM and the next TMT. So we shouldn't get JiM 645 until mid-to-late Oct?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbird View Post
    *clicks on preview* Is that Hela and Tyr getting married?
    After looking at the image it does appear to be Tyr and Hela tying the knot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason456701 View Post
    Quite literally LOL

I think this is my favorite comic book wedding dress! Even if I haven't see the actual dress LOL Where does she get all these bones? And where is her shawl?

I love Loki's face in these previews. He looks so serious and solemn, but Leah looks like she's having a ball LOL

I think we'll see if Hela's Loki's little girl or not right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Quite literally LOL

I think this is my favorite comic book wedding dress! Even if I haven't see the actual dress LOL Where does she get all these bones? And where is her shawl?

I love Loki's face in these previews. He looks so serious and solemn, but Leah looks like she's having a ball LOL

I think we'll see if Hela's Loki's little girl or not right here.
    I like Hela and Loki's father daughter relationship being ambiguous at this point with but asgardian gods pasts being so connected to their myths to the point that changing them can change history ala new really old Leah the possibility is fun to think about. You gotta love the godly weirdness of Loki's sorta little girl who is much older than him marrying his older dead brother while he is dating her not left hand (I know their not dating officially yet but I can dream).

I like Hela and Loki's father daughter relationship being ambiguous at this point with but asgardian gods pasts being so connected to their myths to the point that changing them can change history ala new really old Leah the possibility is fun to think about. You gotta love the godly weirdness of Loki's sorta little girl who is much older than him marrying his older dead brother while he is dating her not left hand (I know their not dating officially yet but I can dream).
    LOL I like that very weird scene too.

But while Gillen may be keeping it ambiguous, Hela's presence in JIM and her helping Loki when it counted seem to suggest that maybe she's more important than just "ambiguous". I mean, after all that, she seemed pretty quick to "yes" to a very specific request.

This is some great art.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

LOL I just noticed Tyr's face LOL

Someone's going to be getting lucky LOL

Marvel stuffed up the timelines by having Hela be an adult in Thor: Son of Asgard, which made her older than Loki. However, there's plenty of in-canon references to Loki being Hela's father, with some that predate that series, as seen here.

I assume Gillen's hand-wavy "Gods don't have a history, they have a story" was an attempt to reconcile these contradictions. Although I don't know why they don't just retcon it. They were happy to retcon Frigga into Freya. Most people seem to expect Loki to be Hela's father, and it's already been established that Hela knows time-travel. Worst comes to worse they can just claim it was a previous Ragnarok cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbird View Post
    Marvel stuffed up the timelines by having Hela be an adult in Thor: Son of Asgard, which made her older than Loki. However, there's plenty of in-canon references to Loki being Hela's father, with some that predate that series, as seen here.

I assume Gillen's hand-wavy "Gods don't have a history, they have a story" was an attempt to reconcile these contradictions. Although I don't know why they don't just retcon it. They were happy to retcon Frigga into Freya. Most people seem to expect Loki to be Hela's father, and it's already been established that Hela knows time-travel. Worst comes to worse they can just claim it was a previous Ragnarok cycle.
    Well, then they're father/daughter to me.

I'm happy they don't recon it. Hela's a far more involved character than Frigga/Freya, so reconning it would be a little messier and would really tick off quite a few fans.