Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Swamp Thing, #13

• "ROTWORLD: THE GREEN KINGDOM" begins!
    • Swamp Thing learns the truth of how the Earth fell to the Rot as seen in this month's issues of ANIMAL MAN and FRANKENSTEIN: AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E.
    • Guest-starring Poison Ivy, Deadman and The Parliament of Trees!

Full article here.

Maybe it's just the way Swamp Thing is composed and I don't know if it is possible, but CBR should find a way to combine two pages just so the preview reads more smoothly.

Still. Excited for Rotworld!

Great another retarded banner on the cover of my comics this month.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I like Poison Ivy's look in Birds of Prey much better.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

My god that art is gorgeous. Really looking forward to this, Poison Ivy and Deadman make for a really cool teamup in this comic. This is probably my most anticipated issue of this series so far.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I started this series off as a big Paquette fan but I've become so disappointed by his output in terms of quantity. He's got to be in competition with Rags Morales for fewest pages drawn in a book where he's considered the main artist. And now he's not even going to be able to complete Rotworld, which was the impetus of handing off so many issues in the first place. Sure, it looks really great, but it's like I'm saying that with a lump in my throat, you know?

And then of course there's the narrative course of the book...

All that aside - looking forward to Wednesday!

Nice preview! Yay! Yanick Paquette!!!

But yeah, I do agree that I am let down by Paquette unable to do a full arc. I have no problem with rotating artists, but not in a middle of arc (or even issue). I hope after this Rotworld, Swamp Thing will have one consistent art team (Marco Rudy and Kano will do fine)
    Last edited by SpideyZERO; 09-28-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Great another retarded banner on the cover of my comics this month.
    Yeah, it is truly annoying. The cover of Earth 2 #3 was so amazing with the into of the new Alan Scott Green Lantern and it had that stupid Batman movie banner up top marring the art. I automatically refuse to purchase or watch anything from such heavy handed advertising, so I wish they'd stop it already.

Back to the book. My first experience with the new Swamp Thing was issue #0. I immediately got the first trade. I am loving this book so much I won't read any of the future issues that I will still be getting at my LCS until I get the second trade in April so I get the FULL story, as it is just so engrossing (although I'm not one of those types who gets all freaked if I read a spoiler or see a preview, etc.).

Swamp Thing is tied as one of my favorite titles along with Batgirl and Earth 2 at this moment in time. Truly awesome book. Who knew this concept could recover one day from that horribly ridiculous 1980's flick?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Hey guys,
    I've said on ALL tribune I can only do 6 or 7 issue a year (if I get a script on time). Whitch is a lot more than Ryan sook and JH Williams combined. :)

Enjoy what you can get out of me while you can, I wish it could be more also.
    Y

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I'm an artist as well (one of my two minors in college) and people don't seem to understand at times the sheer work involved in creating art, and that truly amazing art can't just be "cranked out" at a pace like a copier machine. So for how ever many issues you can get to us at a time, as a fan of your work, thanks! And I look forward to more of your issues in the future.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by YanickPaquette View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've said on ALL tribune I can only do 6 or 7 issue a year (if I get a script on time). Whitch is a lot more than Ryan sook and JH Williams combined. :)

Y
    Hi Yanick, I am thinking about attending Wizard World Philadelphia next year and I was just wondering how you handle sketches and stuff like that. Do you do sketches and if so, what do you charge? And do I have to bring anything or make any arrangements ahead of time?

I really like your work, your stuff in Batman Incorporated was particularly fantastic.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Lovely art! He draws a beautiful Ivy and I can't wait to get this issue...

Hey guys,

Y
    Man, I hate when artists respond to my negative posts and never my positive ones...

(Yanick, I do so love your art when I get it.)

Oh, it looks very good! Can't wait to see this now the arc is finally happening! Bring on Rotworld!

Hey guys,

Y
    Hi Yanick I have question. Why is it in some of your books such as Batman INC for instance you dont always have the eyes of the character drawn out. like there will be a black line or just black filling in Batmans eyes. It's also Same with Swamp Thing, is it just a artistic preference? I was always curious about that.

THANKS (: